Xracer500's Avatar Member

Public/Private Multiplayer Suggestions For Developers

Leave Suggestions Below And I Will Add Them Here In The OP

New Post:

Firstly I would like to say that this is a post focusing on improving online MP in Fusion from Evolution. Online MP is a key feature of any trials game and should not be excluded.
    Secondly, for any of this to be pursued, the Ubisoft servers MUST be fixed and improved drastically.
    Also, friends on Uplay/Xbox should be allowed to come into a match from any category. This feature must be allowed on ALL Platforms including PC. (Didn't work very well in Evo Gold)
    There should be a chat function in online and private MP in Fusion other than Uplay also on consoles.

PROPOSITION 1:

The following is an example of opening the game: You open the main menu and then right under SinglePlayer, there is a MultiPlayer section. You click on that and there is a list of lobby's that people have created. You have the option to make your own custom lobby. There is a bar at the top much like the track central sort list on Evo. You can make it so you can only see certain things such as…….: Public/Private MP (Private MP has a password to get in). If you choose Public Multiplayer then another section pops up that gives you the option for what difficulty level (e.g. easy/medium and hard/extreme) and you CANNOT make bike restrictions in Public MultiPlayer. If you choose the Public Multiplayer section then you also get an option to sort out which type of trials (e.g. supercross, trials, hardcore (this menu would cancel out the other difficulty menu if it was implemented)).
    If you so choose to have a private match with a friend then you may invite them through Uplay so they don't have to type a password, or you may go and search their gamertag if you click on the private MultiPlayer option and then type the password in that they give you.

Please note that the following system below can be combined with the first Proposition, AND if they are combined then there should be a menu that allows you to view all the lobby's and join a certain one, OR you may choose quick match. In this quick match there should be a section that shows how many people are online at the given time waiting for a match. (PLEASE).

PROPOSITION 2:

1. Custom Maps In Online Multiplayer

Custom Maps are a key point in a Trials Game and will only make the Online Multiplayer experience in Fusion better.

If custom maps are included in Online MP then the following has to be implemented
    -Custom Tracks are not gimmicks and there is a wide variety of them in MP
    -Custom Tracks in Online MP MUST have its own section (Much like Pure Trials, Supercross, Hardcore)
    -Custom Tracks in Online MP must not be repeated to many times, so there needs to be a system that is not random
    -Custom Tracks in Online MP must have both fun and technical obstacles. (This means that there will have to be more than just RL picks (maybe FusionCommunity tracks?))

If this is pursued in online MP in Fusion then the custom tracks should only have one section and no settings (leave feedback)

2. DLC In Online Multiplayer

Much like in Evolution, Fusion DLC should be included in all categories of online MP excluding the custom track section. (Does not exclude custom maps that have DLC objects placed in them.

The following must occur for the DLC experience in online MP in fusion
    -DLC preference options must be included so the experience in online MP is top notch. (More explained in Original Post below)
    -DLC settings should be available for ALL sections of MP excluding the proposed Custom Track Section.

Not much for this at the moment, if you have a suggestion to add to this then leave it below.

3. Hardcore Online Multiplayer

This was a key feature in MP in evolution and should be pursued in Fusion. This section should include hard and extreme maps and have the settings for DLC listed above in 2.

The following points focus more on the DLC content rather the online MP this thread is about.
    -The Hardcore Tracks In DLC should not have an unbalanced driving line (E.G. not have a very hard part and then the rest of the track be easy)

4. Quick Match In Online Multiplayer

This was a cool feature in Evolution and it should be improved further in Fusion.

New features should include:
    -Have all features discussed in Number 2 In Proposition 2.
    (Leave more suggestions below)
    5. Private Match in MP in Fusion

This MUST be included in Fusion and is probably one of the most important things in MP.

The following things are features that Evo didn't have that would make the Private match experience much better
    -Have a search bar for tracks gametags dates category's and pretty much anything that will make finding tracks easier with the streaming setup on TC I don't see why it would harm Private MP if there is a search bar that is taken from evo (the TC search bar) and you can search for anything you want and it downloads the track so you can play it with your mates in Private MP)
    -Allow more than 4 people in 1 match (Maybe a limit of 10?)

Leave suggestions below this post for anything you think will improve the Fusion Experience. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Also, if someone could make some photoshop mockups of the suggestions above and leave them below Thanks

Original Post: There is no online MP but this is not a thread containing complaints about that. I have a few ideas to make online MP better than in Trials Evolution. This said, Trials Evolution MP was amazing. I have one main idea and then some other side ideas, so why don't we get started with the main Idea.

Main Idea: Custom Maps and DLC in Multiplayer

There was no custom maps included in the Trials Evolution MP, but who said there can't be in Fusion? To avoid "Gimmicks" or just plain bad custom tracks, maybe have the RL Picks or some other highest rated section of tracks. E.G RL Picks in Normal MP and Ninja Picks (If there are any) in Hardcore.
    In Trials Evolution MP I felt that the system of if everybody in a session has DLC then you ONLY ride DLC tracks. I got bored of the DLC tracks in MP, so here is my proposed system for DLC's in Online MP in Fusion:

This post was taken from another thread I wrote in-
    "I would love to have the dlc tracks to be in multiplayer like it was in evolution, BUT I think that if someone wants to choose there dlc OR make a list of preferences from DLC's in multiplayer.
    EXAMPLE:
    DLC RATING (Out Of (Six?) Stars)
    DLC 1 5
    DLC 2 3
    DLC 3 4
    Etc...
    Also-the "Out Of Five Sis" is just a suggestion and may be better if it is a different system (Just realized that there are 6 DLC's planned to launch so maybe 6 stars???)
    My point is....if someone is sick of a DLC then they can lower the preference and have the DLC not pop up as much in multiplayer. (Or not at all) Maybe even have a setting to disable certain or all DLC's in multiplayer for Trials Fusion."

Side thoughts: I felt that in online MP in Trials Evolution: Gold Edition here on the PC, there was an extremely small playerbase, and even if there were people, it took like 15 minutes to get into 1 match.

Also, I think that in the pure trials mode in online MP in Fusion (hopefully there is *fingerscrossed*) FMX should be disabled. (Forgot that there is going to be a fix, but still)

Blah Blah Blah....

Main Points - DLC in MP have rating system, "Good" custom maps in MP, Ways to decrease loading time on PC with small playerbase to get into a match, and *maybe* FMX disabled in Pure Trials Mode/Hardcore Trials Mode, maybe supercross???.. anyway you may elaborate and add your thoughts below, I hope this helps the Developers

I will add anything that is suggested

No suggestions yet?

RetiredRonin's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    You know, UGC is a very very important part of Trials games. I think that UGC in MP, using the streaming track downloads, is a great idea. If they are selected the same way RLP are, then they should be quality tracks anyhow and offer far more playable content for fans of MP. I am going to be sure to voice this suggestion to the dev team.

Thanks for the suggestions, and by all means keep them coming.

Well I think a main thing is that people should have the ability to disable certain things in mp such as custom tracks/dlc ill update the suggestions tomorrow

EDIT: I am wondering now if the ability to disable certain things will go to far on pc as it is very hard to get into a match. I will go into this much more in depth tomorrow

Updated

Jeruhnq's Avatar Member
    As i said in my signature : custom public servers
    I host a game with the tracks i choose and people can join my game. And when i'm ok, i start the game

+ more than 4 players whould be awesome too. But not sure if it will happen because of the 4 players on supercross tracks =/

edit: more customisable options when we host a game (on/off bailout is not enought, maybe the ability to change the time limit, the faults, add challenges etc...)

Originally Posted by Jeruhnq Go to original post
    As i said in my signature : custom public servers
    I host a game with the tracks i choose and people can join my game. And when i'm ok, i start the game

+ more than 4 players whould be awesome too. But not sure if it will happen because of the 4 players on supercross tracks =/

edit: more customisable options when we host a game (on/off bailout is not enought, maybe the ability to change the time limit, the faults, add challenges etc...)
    I think what your talking about is Private Online MP with friends which was in evo. Supercross limit can be edited.... also i agree with we should have some more settings in private

Jeruhnq's Avatar Member
    I'm talking about the ability to host a public custom multiplayer, not a private custom multiplayer.
    The difference is you can search many hosts/servers and join my 'server'/game if you want.

Originally Posted by Jeruhnq Go to original post
    I'm talking about the ability to host a public custom multiplayer, not a private custom multiplayer.
    The difference is you can search many hosts/servers and join my 'server'/game.
    This would be a whole different way for a Trials game to go but im not sure it will fit. I respect your idea but its just that if there are too many people hosting games then it will become like say mars explorer.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last ►►