1. #21
    Aphex_Tim's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Perdition City
    Posts
    3,011
    Originally Posted by Humble_Assassin Go to original post
    Maybe it was because they hated Mohawks as Lee described them as "ilk"?
    Then it still doesn't make sense that Johnson knocks him in the head with a rifle. He had a good relation with the Mohawk.
    Share this post

  2. #22
    SpiritOfNevaeh's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Homestead
    Posts
    5,053
    Originally Posted by lothario-da-be Go to original post
    What does ilk mean?
    A breed or class, and he added that they were living in the dirt like animals.

    Originally Posted by Aphex_Tim Go to original post
    Then it still doesn't make sense that Johnson knocks him in the head with a rifle. He had a good relation with the Mohawk.
    Which is what I'm still confused about... maybe because he wasn't as helpful as they thought he would be?
    Share this post

  3. #23
    Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,567
    Originally Posted by Humble_Assassin Go to original post
    Maybe it was because they hated Mohawks as Lee described them as "ilk"?
    Originally Posted by lothario-da-be Go to original post
    What does ilk mean?
    In the most basic sense all it meant was "you and all those like you" whether that be of race or ideology, I'm sure he was referring to both.

    ilk is a group of people or things already referred to in a sentence in Lee's case it was "You and all your ilk"

    It is not an insult.
    Share this post

  4. #24
    SpiritOfNevaeh's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Homestead
    Posts
    5,053
    Originally Posted by Sesheenku Go to original post
    In the most basic sense all it meant was "you and all those like you" whether that be of race or ideology, I'm sure he was referring to both.

    ilk is a group of people or things already referred to in a sentence in Lee's case it was "You and all your ilk"

    It is not an insult.
    I think the insult was when he said "living in the dirt like animals."
    Share this post

  5. #25
    Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,567
    Originally Posted by Humble_Assassin Go to original post
    I think the insult was when he said "living in the dirt like animals."
    Precisely. Ilk itself wasn't the insult, that was ;P.
    Share this post

  6. #26
    I-Like-Pie45's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Delicious and full of healthy oils!
    Posts
    8,959
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    Corey May remembered the Templars had to be dastardly otherwise we would look bad killing them. So he quickly wrote that in.
    HEY....

    ----
    rc
    Share this post

  7. #27
    poptartz20's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Merica
    Posts
    2,251
    well... I think it not also combines native customs of not touching people outside of your family, but I think it also has something to do with them being white colonist in general and not trusting them. When you think about it Connor did say in one of the trailers how does he accept outsiders when part of him is that outsider?
    Share this post

  8. #28
    Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,209
    Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    Still don't get why the Templars battered the living ****e out of poor Little Connor.

    Before then, and after, they weren't portrayed as that monstrous.
    To manipulate Connor into running back and telling stories of how scary the colonists are and to not to be roadblock in their way.
    Share this post

  9. #29
    Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    Still don't get why the Templars battered the living ****e out of poor Little Connor.

    Before then, and after, they weren't portrayed as that monstrous.
    Cause they spend hours making the Templars look like Mother Teresa just to pull off 'the twist' and forgot the story needed villains. Honestly, that plot twist, while cool on its own, was one of the worst things that happened to AC3
    Share this post

  10. #30
    JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    14,478
    Maybe Connor is secretly tickelish...
    Share this post