GreySkellig's Avatar Member

No Guards on Rooftops in AC:U?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1828582

The penultimate paragraph of this article mentions "You’ll also notice an absence of enemies on rooftops, allowing you to run across them with greater fluidity." Has anyone seen this confirmed anywhere else (i.e. an actual gaming news outlet)?

I'd certainly be happy if it was true. I feel like rooftop guards were much less of an impediment back in ACII-AC:R days. Certainly they were out of control in AC3, where the only way to traverse the rooftops without picking up a dozen pursuers was to run without stopping from A to B.

I think its true... but i kinda liked it back in the ACR days and before but i guess they can be annoying!

Kirokill's Avatar Senior Member
    I think it was on UbiBlog too. It said something like "we made the rooftops the assassin grounds, which to give more freedom, there will be no guards patrolling them".

The reason it seems plausible to me is that we haven't seen any rooftop guards yet in the demos.

I liked the way they functioned in the Ezio storyline, where they were a factor to plan around. But that largely worked because the skyline of those cities was fairly level, and you could usually see them well before you reached them.

I've also always felt it was a bit silly historically speaking. These cities were not prison camps. They didn't have rooftop archers and gunners overseeing every block.

Originally Posted by Kirokill Go to original post
    I think it was on UbiBlog too. It said something like "we made the rooftops the assassin grounds, which to give more freedom, there will be no guards patrolling them".
    Link?

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Good.

Less killing guards for doing their job.

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    Good.

Less killing guards for doing their job.
    Poor guards

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah I felt guilty in Venice especially, where every two seconds I was pouncing on a poor archer and plunging my blade into his poor neck... But eventually I got too annoyed with them and bought a mace just so I could scope out every archer and bash their heads in.

Free running uninterrupted will be liberating.

I don't mind guards on the rooftops, but do it in a way that AC 2 did it, in that free running on the rooftops was still fun. But rooftops without guards is even better.

Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    I can't remember which source I saw it but they're definitely gone. I actually believe it's in the new section of Ubi's ACU page.

I'm glad to have them gone, it got severely annoying in Venice, they were crawling everywhere, nearly every damn roof there was an archer that needed to be killed.

Don't even get me started on the atrocity that is AC3.

Good riddance to that nonsensical feature. It'd be like making a realistic game where you're a fish under the ocean and somehow a human in nothing but a bathing suit is on the ocean floor to catch and eat you.

It served little purpose other than to annoy you to bits.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►