I think a good trade-off would be to tweak the line of detection on street-level guards where if you're at the right line of site on a rooftop; You could be seen if the guards on street-level get a good enough view of you for a certain period of time. I know guards could sometimes sight you from street level in more recent games, but buildings will be bigger this time around. This would make it so it isn't SUPER easy for players to traverse the city and pick off guards 1 by 1 from the rooftops.

phoenix-force411's Avatar Senior Member
    Rooftop guards were the most P.O.S. enemies in ACIII and ACIV: BF. You have no idea how annoying it was to try and parkour, only to stop and be bothered by some stupid guard who has zero tolerance for someone who wishes to do acrobatics. ACIV: BF had the most annoying rooftop guards. Their L.O.S. was very far, and trying to "human shield" their bullets while fighting enemies was hard to multi-task give the situation. Regardless, they will miss you 0% of the time.

It always felt to me nonsensical to have a guard on every rooftop. But then, there are ridiculous amounts of guards everywhere, especially in BF. I mean, what, 12 guards to guard a single warehouse? Doesn't exactly strike me as cost effective, paying all those salaries! Plus every street corner had at least 4 guards on it, on both sides of the street, and then there were the groups patrolling... Made it really hard to escape combat as you'd only pick up more pursuers wherever you ran to. Much easier to just stand in place and murder the lot.

I'll be glad to see the rooftop guards gone. I can understand it if they're specifically guarding an important building, person or object, but most of the time there's just no reason for them to be up there.

Perk89's Avatar Senior Member
    I've begged for years for them to remove them because of how annoying and impractical it was, so now that it's finally arrived I can't believe I'm saying this-but having guards appear on rooftops as a consequence of getting really high notoriety (or whatever evolution is present) would actually be a solid step towards making notoriety a bigger deal. Only at the really high levels though.

im also sure there will still be some present in sealed off areas and certain plot moments (which is alright)

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by phoenix-force411 Go to original post
    crobatics. ACIV: BF had the most annoying rooftop guards. Their L.O.S. was very far, and trying to "human shield" their bullets while fighting enemies was hard to multi-task give the situation. Regardless, they will miss you 0% of the time.
    Kicking rooftops guards off the roofs was my favourite pastime in Havana. that **** was hilarious

@SpiritMuse Most warehouses had slaves as well, so they were guarding them too.
    ---

Btw, did anyone ever really use the corpses of rooftop guards to distract the ones on the ground? I rarely use corpses as a distraction... usually only for fun or to try out different approaches to a mission.

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Oh man, I'm gonna miss kicking those guards and watching with satisfaction at the commotion down below. people running off etc

Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    Favourite way of killing them for me is to throw them off...

'Hey let go of me!'

'As you wish...'

Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Locopells Go to original post
    Favourite way of killing them for me is to throw them off...

'Hey let go of me!'

'As you wish...'
    In earlier AC's it's also capable to kill them with just fists, just before they draw their weapon just start beating the crap out of them lol.

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah it's like that scene in Mass Effect 2 where Shepard just throws that Merc out of the building...