m4r-k7's Avatar Senior Member
    I didn;t mind rooftop guards until AC 3 and AC 4 where they had guns that hit you 99% of the time even if you tried to dodge them. Especially, in AC 3 they saw you too easily. What I loved about AC 2 were the parkour able guards who could run up buildings and chase you. I also loved that about AC 1 where they actually chased you for quite a long time on rooftops as it made you think of the best places to free run etc. Unfortunately, after AC 2 there were very little chases as guards lost you after about 5 seconds on buildings.

Yeah, they not only increased number of rooftop guards in AC3 but the fact that the city is much less dense only makes it harder to avoid them.

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by RatonhnhakeFan Go to original post
    Yeah, they not only increased number of rooftop guards in AC3 but the fact that the city is much less dense only makes it harder to avoid them.
    Yeah, then add the bigger distance from one building to the next and your slowed down parkour because of that and you have a formula for annoying rooftop guards.

To summarize what I think:

It is a good idea to remove rooftop guards, but:

- Have some balcony guards with ladders up to the roofs
    - Have guards actucally shoot your and detect you from the street if you are not out of LoS or too high
    - Have guards actually FOLLOW you on the roofs vial ladders or other methods
    - Have special Templar enemies be able to parkour or free-run/climb as well so they can follow you

Then I'm fine.

I mean, i would love guards with rifles to all line up on a balcony and do a volley, that would be brilliant to see.

Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Dome500 Go to original post
    Yeah, then add the bigger distance from one building to the next and your slowed down parkour because of that and you have a formula for annoying rooftop guards.

- Have guards actucally shoot your and detect you from the street if you are not out of LoS or too high
    - Have special Templar enemies be able to parkour or free-run/climb as well so they can follow you

Then I'm fine.
    Perfection.

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Oh my god Parkour soldiers is the best idea ever.

Would be like a mini-boss fight in open world.

Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    Oh my god Parkour soldiers is the best idea ever.

Would be like a mini-boss fight in open world.
    Sounds awesome^^^^. No normal guard would be able to follow Arno for long after he made a controlled descent. The templars need to have special agents throughout the city hunting assassins or something.

Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Dome500 Go to original post

Then I'm fine.
    Suggested something like that before, you have to use every core pillar to take one out. Not combat/navigation/stealth only but every pillar.

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Someone send that idea to ubi right now.

Mr_Shade get on it.

Ha, this was another thing on my wish list. This might go a small way to making up for optional objectives if they're included.