deskp's Avatar Senior Member
    sometimes they might make sense. but as an overall thing they get annoying and weird.

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Also some of the buildings are VERY high.. so I wouldn't want to be guarding them..

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    I'm in two minds about this.

On one hand it'll be certainly less annoying to see guards go in alert mode as soon as you climb the rooftops, I also see a potential gamebreaker. Chased by guards? Just parkour up!

Hopefully there'll be some sort to deterrence against this, maybe guards from street level will chase you to rooftops when pursuing you. Don't want it to be Watch Dogs all over again where you could simply escape any police by going for the sea.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mr_Shade Go to original post
    Also some of the buildings are VERY high.. so I wouldn't want to be guarding them..
    Always thought it was weird that there were guards atop the massive Florence Cathedral. What on Earth are they doing up there? There's nothing to guard lol

Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pirate1802 Go to original post

On one hand it'll be certainly less annoying to see guards go in alert mode as soon as you climb the rooftops, I also see a potential gamebreaker. Chased by guards? Just parkour up!

Hopefully there'll be some sort to deterrence against this, maybe guards from street level will chase you to rooftops when pursuing you. Don't want it to be Watch Dogs all over again where you could simply escape any police by going for the sea.
    To be honest I didn't think it made sense for regular guards to be able to do parkour.

The only factions that should have parkour training are Templar guards and Assassins.

That said they should just place a fair amount of Templar guards around the city that can chase you on rooftops.

lothario-da-be's Avatar Senior Member
    I hope the biggest part of the city doesn't have guards on the rooftops, they can be pretty anoying, but sometimes quickly killing 1 or 2 guards on the rooftops can be nice and it gives you the feeling that you are the master there, at least in ac1-ac4. In ac3 they were just annoying. A mix of guards and no guards is the best imo.

dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pirate1802 Go to original post

I agree and I'm also divided with this one, I didn't like AC3's guards but IMO AC1/2 guards (the ones I remember most) were fine, what's the point in change the combat system to make it harder to the point that sometimes you might have to flee a battle to survive if this danger will be gone at the moment you reach the rooftops?

I don't mind to have guards in the rooftops as long as kill them without being detected is an option, something that was impossible to achieve in AC3 as far as I can remember

Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dxsxhxcx Go to original post
    I agree and I'm also divided with this one, I didn't like AC3's guards but IMO AC1/2 guards (the ones I remember most) were fine, what's the point in change the combat system to make it harder to the point that sometimes you might have to flee a battle to survive if this danger will be gone at the moment you reach the rooftops?

I don't mind to have guards in the rooftops as long as kill them without being detected is an option, something that was impossible to achieve in AC3 as far as I can remember
    We need to know if the guards can give chase onto rooftops before we make assumptions.

Interesting. I def like it in some ways. I think it's more realistic for one. Also I agree that the rooftops should feel like the assassins domain and being able to run around freely will be awesome when you are in exploration mood. On the other hand sneaking up on rooftop guards is kind of enjoyable. This is one of those thing you really have to play to know for sure because it depends so much oin how various elements are balanced I feel.

DinoSteve1's Avatar Senior Member
    Roof top guards where ridiculous, they'd run after me for just standing there and beside me would be a pack of thieves.