Favorite White Room Speech

I want to know what everyone's favorite white room speech is. Mine is hands down Thomas Hickey. He says something like..."Don't look at me like that! We're different you and I! You are just a fool chasing butterflies! Me? I am a man who likes a beer in one hand...and a tit in the other! Thing is...I can have what I want! Had it even! But your hands? Your hands will always be empty!"

I found this speech to be incredibly deep and true! The cause the assassins fight for is so hard to achieve in a world run by oligarchies. But Hickey was a much simpler person and as such was able to live exactly as he pleased.

AC1: Jubair, I think (that speech shows not only the differences in thoughts and ideologies, but also the irony in Assassins' actions and really puts the whole thing into a grey area)
    AC2: Savanarolla (it's an incredibly short white room speech, but it's so poignant, showing Ezio's character development in a few words... and also followed by an awesome speech outside of the white room, so there's that)
    ACB: Uhhhhhhh.... Not sure.
    ACR: Abbas
    AC3: Haytham (a moment which I knew would come but was really hoping wouldn't... bonus for a sickly and twisted declaration of love for his son before dying, the 'I should've killed you long ago' phrase)
    AC4: Hornigold ("YOU THREW IN WITH THE VERY KIND WE ONCE HATED!!!!!!!!!!!!" - I don't know why, I just love when Edward goes into epic rage during that scene... plus, well, Hornigold is right in a way).

I love the ones that have been mentioned but i actually choose Adewale's white room speech! It was just so powerful!

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    The AC1 ones were all well-written, but a tad long-winded and info-dumpy IMO (I mean, the guys were bleeding profusely from the neck, let's not draw things out too much). Honestly, Pitcairn's was probably my favorite of the franchise. Concise, poignant, and recited in an epic Scottish accent. He also had probably the best single line of any dying target, briefly summarizing the Templar logic- ["The strings should be cut!"] "And we should live forever, in castles in the sky."

Ben Hornigold ranks pretty highly too. TBH all the AC3 and AC4 ones were at least pretty good, with some truly awesome ones thrown in there.

roostersrule2's Avatar Senior Member
    AC1: Garnier, the cold bastard.
    AC2: Rodrigo, Ezio became a nice lad.
    ACB: Cesare, NO MAN CAN MURDER ME!!
    ACR: Tarik, one of the saddest AC moments.
    AC3: Haytham, also sad, very powerful.
    AC4: Hornigold, the traitorous **** calling me a traitor.

If I had to rank them:

AC3/AC1
    ACR/AC4
    AC2
    ACB

steveeire's Avatar Senior Member
    Probably Al Mualim, the student surpassing the teacher.

So many good choices! I must replay the original to remember the great ones. I remember them being awesome but can't remember specifics.

Good question. I remember the AC 1 speeches the most - to this day they're still powerful, moving and deep. You begin to realise that the Templars aren't evil, that the Assassins aren't perfect. Their words pick holes in what we thought were concrete assumptions, revealing Altair's and the player's own prejudices. You begin to see the danger of following blindly (religion is the obvious example here, but Altair himself, in taking orders from al Mualim without question, is also at fault). That, and they were just very honest portrayals of very real human feelings.

Has there been a topic about the best speeches in the AC series? Because there are so many of those.

Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    Gonna have to have a think about this one - maybe a poll, BTW?

steveeire's Avatar Senior Member
    I do find the dying conversations in AC4 interesting because Edward believes in nothing bar money.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►