View Poll Results: What do you think of this?.

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good, the gore and brutality describes the time in which Unity is based

27 65.85%
  • Like the gore, makes more realism.

8 19.51%
  • Tone down the gore a bit.

5 12.20%
  • Don't like the Gore at all.

1 2.44%
    Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Humble_Assassin Go to original post
    Good lord man... if they show that in-game..... Never mind X_X
    I don't think people should expect that level of brutality..

Even though the game is based on VERY real events - I expect them to treat all of the events, with the care needed…

Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mr_Shade Go to original post
    I don't think people should expect that level of brutality..

Even though the game is based on VERY real events - I expect them to treat all of the events, with the care needed…
    So did you tell the teams?

Heres a link for more detail on it
    http://maktaaq.blogspot.co.uk/2006/0...-lamballe.html

Of course they wouldn't put this in game, but for sure they'll put stuff in like it.

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    ^reading that, at least she was unconscious when all the damage happened.

doesn't make it any less inhumane though.

Interesting ASSASSINS took her out though.

Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    ^reading that, at least she was unconscious when all the damage happened.

doesn't make it any less inhumane though.

Interesting ASSASSINS took her out though.
    Well, it does say that it was carried out maybe before she was knocked out.

I just hope that wasn't the case.

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Hans684 Go to original post
    So did you tell the teams?
    Tell them what?

They will be well aware of events that happened in the time periods the game is set in..

And, they will have a very definite idea on how to portray those events..

While I fully appreciate the historical nature of this thread - can we please try and stay away from the gory details.. this is a public forum and children can still read it etc

Apparently they are also including Marquis de Sade, the sexual oriented sadist who was a complete nut-job.

Looks like they are going all out on Unity.

EDIT:
    Ooops, sorry..didn't think about the children, ill keep that in mind.

Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mr_Shade Go to original post
    Tell them what?
    They will be well aware of events that happened in the time periods the game is set in..
    And, they will have a very definite idea on how to portray those events..
    While I fully appreciate the historical nature of this thread - can we please try and stay away from the gory details.. this is a public forum and children can still read it etc
    Originally Posted by Hans684 Go to original post
    You have passed previous suggestions/requests to teams before right?

Anyway my request to the teams(official and unofficial AC's) is to tell them on behalf of the entire forum(and beyond) to either; Let the optional objectives to go away, Mix them with the Adoptive mission design(AMM(the new Unity mission design so that the optional objectives adopt to the players play style like the mission)) or make them fully optional by letting us turn them off and that they don't have any impact on the sync. This is for future games and the teams making them. Unity clearly is proof that Ubisoft is listening and planning ahead, so give this message to future teams for future games on the behalf of the forum and everyone else agains them. The optional objectives is going to be in Unity, it's too far in development to add or take way stuff, just polishing at the moment. This is why I want you give the massage for future AC titles. You may or may not do but the criticism agains them will always be there like the suggestion for crunching that we will get in Unity.
    From this thread; http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ectives/page17

You've said they are aware but this message is for future teams. Unlike a lot of people I'd rather go to someone who can influence it then making a thread about the same thing again and again. Truth be told I don't expect it to be told to the teams but one can hope right? It is done, the message is delivered the rest is up to you...Shade.

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    Like the developers said "the revolutionaries of today were the moderates of tomorrow". They are right.

A lot of groups (like the Assassins maybe) started the Revolution but after they reached what they wanted they became moderate and resigned to a more diplomatic approach.
    But at this time there was already another radical group that was not satisfied with the moderate approach and became the brutal, the radical ones.
    And those were the moderates of the next time period while other radicals rose again.

In the end the Reign of Terror had taken a lot of innocent lives, in the FR a lot of people killed each other over suspicions and assumptions and one had to watch not to be too moderate or to say something wrong. Everyone suspected everyone else to be an enemy, especially the radical ones did.

It was total Chaos.

My best guess is that the Assassins were for the Revolution in the beginning, but realized after a while they have to cool down. At that point however Templars might have taken over the radical side of the Revolution and were then hunting for the Assassins and for everyone associated with the King and everyone too moderate and neutral.

greetings from the future!

yes i saw a guy play it and it was probably the most gruesome AC game (that i know of) ever created, why? well it being set during the french revolution it has people's head well let's say... being separated from their body and much more gruesome details, i would recommend this game to people who can take violence seriously