I don't get the issue with the drinking games.

Bar one or two levels in Pawnee it's a fairly easy side mission to beat. The level 6 and 8 in Pawnee take practice but they're still doable.

While I do love a challenge, the drinking game sends me into game rage mode. What I particularly find frustrating is the stupid dialogue you're forced to listen to when you're shouting at the NPC "JUST POUR ALREADY!!!"
    Also, being placed far away from the bar is entertaining the first time, but not the 6th, 7th, 8th time.

I've always had a tremendous amount of respect for Ubisoft with their Assassin's Creed games. It was programmed with a philosophy of challenge, but don't frustrate.

Which I wholeheartedly embrace because some game programmers can be absolute sadists and I won't play those kinds of games.

A minigame should be just that, a minigame. I think I've spent more time on the drinking game than actual storyline missions. So I hope the dynamic changes a bit.

2˘ from an achievement hunter.

Ubisoft wants my business. I buy many of your action games. As proof, you can see my achievements here, and you'll see that I buy these games the day the come out at full retail price.

A list of the Ubisoft-published titles I have 100% Gamerscore in:
    Assassin's Creed
    Assassin's Creed II
    Assassin's Creed III
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    Beyond Good & Evil HD
    Driver: San Francisco
    Far Cry 3
    Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
    Outland
    Prince of Persia
    Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist

A list of the Ubisoft-published titles I don't have 100% Gamerscore in:
    Far Cry 2
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
    Watch_Dogs

I posted this list to illustrate several points:

1. Some gamers look at achievement lists before we buy a game. We make sure the list is fun and reasonably difficult to complete before purchasing.
    2. If an achievement is frustrating, like "An Extraordinary Man" was in AC3, it can sour gamers on a franchise. That achievement is why I didn't buy AC4.
    3. I am exactly the sort of customer Ubisoft wants. I buy your AAA titles, as well as some of your obscure ones, and I buy them on the day of release.

I can forgive the difficult achievements in GRAW because it was within the first 6 months of the 360 being released and no one realized that gamers would be annoyed by not getting a game 100% complete. I can overlook Far Cry 2's multiplayer achievements and their difficulty because you learned from that mistake in Far Cry 3 (which is why I stuck with the franchise and both Blood Dragon as well ). I CANNOT forgive the "Social Lubricant" achievement in Watch_Dogs.

This achievement is unnecessarily tedious and difficult, The length of time to obtain it, as well as the amount of retries and the fact that you have to start over if you get 6 out of 7 right but screw up the last one, is ridiculous. I spent 64 hours getting every achievement in the game except this one. I've heard people claim that after 5 hours of this drinking game they still couldn't beat the final levels. I refuse to put the time in, as I have better things to do. I did not buy Watch_Dogs to play a simulated drinking game.

If you make this achievement significantly easier to obtain--games are supposed to be fun, so please keep that in mind--you'll have my faith again. I will buy the Watch_Dogs sequel and maybe I'll give Assassin's Creed: Unity a shot. But if you don't have the time to make this achievement fun or fair, then I don't have the time to play your games.

Originally Posted by Frankie Godskin Go to original post
    Ubisoft wants my business. I buy many of your action games. As proof, you can see my achievements here, and you'll see that I buy these games the day the come out at full retail price.

A list of the Ubisoft-published titles I have 100% Gamerscore in:
    Assassin's Creed
    Assassin's Creed II
    Assassin's Creed III
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    Beyond Good & Evil HD
    Driver: San Francisco
    Far Cry 3
    Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
    Outland
    Prince of Persia
    Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist

A list of the Ubisoft-published titles I don't have 100% Gamerscore in:
    Far Cry 2
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
    Watch_Dogs

I posted this list to illustrate several points:

1. Some gamers look at achievement lists before we buy a game. We make sure the list is fun and reasonably difficult to complete before purchasing.
    2. If an achievement is frustrating, like "An Extraordinary Man" was in AC3, it can sour gamers on a franchise. That achievement is why I didn't buy AC4.
    3. I am exactly the sort of customer Ubisoft wants. I buy your AAA titles, as well as some of your obscure ones, and I buy them on the day of release.

I can forgive the difficult achievements in GRAW because it was within the first 6 months of the 360 being released and no one realized that gamers would be annoyed by not getting a game 100% complete. I can overlook Far Cry 2's multiplayer achievements and their difficulty because you learned from that mistake in Far Cry 3 (which is why I stuck with the franchise and both Blood Dragon as well ). I CANNOT forgive the "Social Lubricant" achievement in Watch_Dogs.

This achievement is unnecessarily tedious and difficult, The length of time to obtain it, as well as the amount of retries and the fact that you have to start over if you get 6 out of 7 right but screw up the last one, is ridiculous. I spent 64 hours getting every achievement in the game except this one. I've heard people claim that after 5 hours of this drinking game they still couldn't beat the final levels. I refuse to put the time in, as I have better things to do. I did not buy Watch_Dogs to play a simulated drinking game.

If you make this achievement significantly easier to obtain--games are supposed to be fun, so please keep that in mind--you'll have my faith again. I will buy the Watch_Dogs sequel and maybe I'll give Assassin's Creed: Unity a shot. But if you don't have the time to make this achievement fun or fair, then I don't have the time to play your games.
    I couldnt of said it any better. I actually love the Assassins Creed series and i bought all of them and platin'ed all of them. Then AC4 Black Flag had the problem that some trophies just didnt pop. I was thinking "**** happens they will fix it" but then they didn't care. The support sent me messages like "trophies dont belong to the game experience they are just a goody" or "we cant do nothing ,send e msg to SONY" . And half a year later ist still not fixed. And now for the first time ever i won't buy a game from the Assassins Creed series. (Unity). What they dont understand is, that even thought you can love a game, its things like this that pushes you away, that KILL your gaming experience and frustate you. Same with the drinking game and trophies not popping in Watch Dogs either. They dont think its important at all, they dont even add it to the Known Issues list even thought hundreds of people complain about trophies/achievements not popping. I really don't understand that.

In a worse way, the drinking game can reset your skill tree, resulting in an unobtainable trophy (max out skill tree) in your current playthrough.

So what happened is that I reloaded last checkpoint when I was to lose in the drinking game in order to retry faster and avoid frustrations induced by waiting for another available round. Later I noticed that I only got 3 slot of batteries instead of 6. I looked up the skill tree and found out it's been reset, which means all the skills I previously acquired are gone (including skills the game gave you for free), however I can still use many of the skills but focus and I only get 3 batteries. Other items including progression, collectibles and clothes are not affected, thus it's a different glitch not patched by the latest update.

Ubisoft, fix your game!

Originally Posted by Mr_Shade Go to original post
    The team are aware some players are struggling - so are looking into it!
    It's been a couple weeks since you posted this. Can you please provide an update?

The drinking game needs to be fixed asap. It's way too hard for being a minigame. I hope a solution to this in the next patch, soon.

Yeah, they can be damn frustating at times. I just started on them and I already hate them. The timer on them is way too short. It's just supposed to be a side thing, not a thing that will take even longer then the main story to do.

Also, I will ask as well, any updates on changes/patch coming?

This is getting serious: http://www.change.org/petitions/ubis...ame-difficulty LOL, 1029 signatures so far.

Originally Posted by thekarlone Go to original post
    This is getting serious: http://www.change.org/petitions/ubis...ame-difficulty LOL, 1029 signatures so far.
    Signed. Please, Ubisoft, listen to your fans. This minigame would make a cute hair-pulling browser game that those who like a hardcore challenge could dive into, but as part of the Watch Dogs experience it is frustrating, immersion breaking, tedious and energy draining and enough to make some gamers like myself stop playing the game altogether because memories of it leave a bad taste in our mouth.