everyone Knows the sound in FB is so lame, the same Crud Engine sounds for all the planes etc.. so what makes PF any better than FB if all the Cr@ptastic sounds are the same?

jeeze, CFS2 has 100x better Sound quality than this.

everyone Knows the sound in FB is so lame, the same Crud Engine sounds for all the planes etc.. so what makes PF any better than FB if all the Cr@ptastic sounds are the same?

jeeze, CFS2 has 100x better Sound quality than this.

Yep, I totally agree with you, as will most here I think.
    I think we are stuck with that same sound engine till BOB, then i hope for a major update on it!! Till will tell.
    PS You notice most the videos you see are with music instead of game sound, or they add sound later, why?? you know why... lol

SKULLS_Exec
    CO of The SKULLS Squadron

well, when i fly a IL2 i can be forgiven for thinking im in a Corsair

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    The planes don't sound all the same on my PC. They could be better, sure.
    Great name by the way. You chose it, not me, so don't get all huffy.

Killers in America work seven days a week~
    Clash

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    The sounds in FB could be better.. but geeeeze.. they arent that bad. I like to crank up my 5.1s and run my P-47 when no one is home. Of course I have to turn down the chat volume.. And there is NOTHING in any Microsoft product that is 10X better than anything in FB.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | Sturmovik Essentials | MUDMOVERS

IMMERSION BABY!!

Arcadeace's Avatar Senior Member
    I must be a complete odd ball, I just love the sounds. Maybe its because I don't know any better. When I'm on the runway and fire up each engine on my Lightning I can't imagine it any better with headphones and a flat screen. Of course my Audigy 2 makes everything nice and distinct.

DuxCorvan's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arcadeace:
    Of course my Audigy 2 makes everything nice and distinct. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Audigy 2 makes it sound great... but I have to limit to medium setup. Because if I try all maxed, then the X-File sound troubles begin: echoes, loss of 3D in my 5.1, changes of level, intermitent loss of sound, stutters...

Sound is still a non-passed asignature for FB.

Well I wont say ten times better then cfs2 or fs2004 and I hate to bring up other games. But ArrseBandit is right, the sounds in cfs2 are WAY better generally speaking.
    In cfs2 you hear your gear deploy and retract, same with flaps and the .50 cal machine guns sounds better. The engine sounds are better and more realistic - some say they where recorded from the real thing, i don't know but after hearing them, I can believe that.

Please don't get me wrong - I love FB and enjoy flying it and I'm looking forward to flying PF. I just know IMO that the sounds in il-2 are a step down from cfs2. But generally speaking most everything else is better then...

SKULLS_Exec
    CO of The SKULLS Squadron

JG7_Rall's Avatar Banned
    It's not that the sounds are bad as in the sense of unpleasing in tone, but rather that the engine sounds aren't realistic at all and there are like 3 or 4 different engine sounds for all planes. It would be nice to have real engine sounds, but I can wait till BoB if its necessary.

"Son, never ask a man if he is a fighter pilot. If he is, he'll let you know. If he isn't, don't embarrass him."
    Badges!? We don't needs no stinkin' badges!
    Flying online as Hutch51