gabusan's Avatar Banned

Wild card prices increasing after the expansion

So this is what everyone will want to know. What will happen with current wild cards prices? Are any of them going to increase? Or will HoN wildcard prices actually decrease as soon as it is no longer "the lastest expansion available"?

Will we at least get to know this a few days before the release of Griffin Bane, so we can do the purchases we need before it is too late?

They never give that information before a new expansion is released. A bit evil but I can understand it.
    If they want us to spend our money they aren´t going to tell us when is the best moment to spend our gold/wildcards.

Originally Posted by Kimmundi Go to original post
    From what I heard a while back, Wildcard costs for HoN cards should be lower. However I can't confirm anything on that. I've heard nothing about the price of packs, I guess prices have not been decided yet
    From the main topic.

Yes, it sounds good. I´m a bit affraid about price of packs though.

gabusan's Avatar Banned
    Well, if wildcards cost for HoN cards stay the same or are lower, that is fine with me. But if prices are to go up because it is now an "older expansion", I will be very pissed off if they dont tell us before the expansion goes live.

Assuming they would want a few people at least to keep playing this game I wouldn't think they'll raise any price in the shop. People have been screaming for 2 months now that everything is too expensive already!

I'd seriously bet against prices being raised on anything available in standard. Yes, HoN will not be the newest set any longer, but that should lead to a price drop, not a price increase. (Now when Base Set III comes out there will probably be a price increase on HoN and Griffin Bane but that's just a guess.)

Nah, I think all HoN prices will be cutted- past expansion is very different than 'legacy'- they have to lower prices/seals for new players

HoN cards should cost whatever base set 2 costs +2.
    Griffin adopts the current HoN pricing.

I don't want to see the new cards ridiculously scale to 30 and 50 like we seen in the past.

Originally Posted by Portios86 Go to original post
    Yes, it sounds good. I´m a bit affraid about price of packs though.
    They pretty much have to drop them to the price of BS2 to let people catch up on the format. Would be bad for standard if they let the price sit there so people have two sets they're behind on. Depends on how many sets they want standard to contain too. If they let it go to five sets plus the base set before rotation it could be pretty harsh on players entering in the middle of a format.