TeriXeri's Avatar Senior Member
    Only 4 teams left & 4 matches.

Costa Rica held on long to the Dutch but we had a secret weapon swapping a goalkeeper, it was genius, very tense match overall, next is Messi's crew.

Aye aye aye Germany 7 Brazil 1. What happened?! 4 goals in 3 minutes?! Also, the Finals may have my 2 favorite teams in it, Germany and Netherlands. I don't know who I would root for.

Rudemod 69's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MTSuonare22 Go to original post
    Aye aye aye Germany 7 Brazil 1. What happened?! 4 goals in 3 minutes?! Also, the Finals may have my 2 favorite teams in it, Germany and Netherlands. I don't know who I would root for.
    A football master class. The Germans were clinical, the Brazilian prima donnas woeful. Hope to see an all European final. It's been a stunning World Cup, one of the best for a long while.

As i've said previously in this thread, the Brazilians are well over hyped, and to be honest are lucky they got this far into the tournament, and the Germans gave them the lesson they deserved. Although I predicited Germany to win, I didnt think it would be my that huge a margin (I predicited 3-0), and it could of been even more in the second half if they wanted to, they were just in cruise mode and still scored 2 more.
    Brazil will probably play the Neymar card, and blame that, but I think the Germans would of only exploited them more as he gives no defensive support just as Hulk did tonight.

KorIash's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by aLeXeLa Go to original post
    As i've said previously in this thread, the Brazilians are well over hyped, and to be honest are lucky they got this far into the tournament, and the Germans gave them the lesson they deserved. Although I predicited Germany to win, I didnt think it would be my that huge a margin (I predicited 3-0), and it could of been even more in the second half if they wanted to, they were just in cruise mode and still scored 2 more.
    Brazil will probably play the Neymar card, and blame that, but I think the Germans would of only exploited them more as he gives no defensive support just as Hulk did tonight.
    Well, they could play the Silva card too, except Silva's out due to him trying to block a goalie punt.

The first 30 minutes of this game were great.

--

On a different note, I hope Argentina wins the World Cup.

Holland vs Argentina was the most watched television program of all time in The Netherlands.
    Most boring game of all time as well, Holland's first shot on goal was in extra time lmao
    Both sides played equally weak, i really dont see Argentina beating the Germs on sunday.
    Unless Messinho finally steps up of course..

Why did Brazil lose to Germany in the 2014 World Cup semifinal?

This sport was absolutely one of the extra traumatic break downs in football background. Entering into the game, I anticipated Germany being the more powerful side as well as Brazil having problem with the absence of Thiago Silva as well as Neymar however absolutely nothing such as this.

There are all kind of emotional and also psychological reasons this game was lost (or won depending on your perspective). However from a tactical standpoint, this resembled a game where Germany recognised the secret winning combination and remained to utilise it and Brazil never determined exactly how to quit the bleeding.

As Landon Donovan would certainly have stated, Scolari really did not set up Brazil to do well. Immediately by looking at the beginning schedule, you understood that Germany was constructed to beat a side such as this. There were a number of blazing reasons that were simple to see yet there are pretty systemic reasons the Brazilians weren't placed in a location to do well.

Page 5 of 5 ◄◄  First ... 345