Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative

Adversarial/PvP/Comptetitive Multiplayer in Assassin's Creed Unity

Assassin's Creed Unity represents a fresh start in the AC franchise.

We are doing a ton of new things that we were not doing before-delivering a shared experience amongst all of these things is no small undertaking. We carefully evaluated PVP and in the end decided that it simply did not fit in the narrative and gameplay we wanted to deliver in Unity.

We are proud of our multiplayer community for sticking with us and helping us improve on both our presentation and gameplay. Please know how much we appreciate your dedication and commitment. For our part, we will continue to support existing AC titles for the foreseeable future. At the same time, we can't wait to show you what we have in store for cooperative gameplay in Assassin's Creed Unity!

Finally, please note that we cannot comment on any future plans we have for the AC series. As a brand that prides itself on mystery, conspiracy and rich narrative, we have to maintain a certain level of secrecy over what the future may or may not hold.

Kirokill's Avatar Senior Member
    There is this commented coop video, don't you think it's a good idea to put it here?

GhanaBoiii's Avatar Member
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

DomdudeDaGreat's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Black_Widow9 Go to original post
    We carefully evaluated PVP and in the end decided that it simply did not fit in the narrative and gameplay we wanted to deliver in Unity.
    What is this supposed to mean? PvP fits AC Unity just as much as any other game in the AC franchise. Why couldnt you guys do what most companies do and implement both PvP and co-op? I have played games more than a decade old that have the option to do both. SMH if it wasnt for all the hints that there is something to come PvPwise (the guy in the interview saying no pvp 'this year' and that we would 'have to wait', and also the way you say that there are more details to be revealed); then I would boycott Assassins Creed Unity altogether, as me and many others have come to buy the game for the multiplayer.

Way to let us down Ubisoft. I'll sell my copy if the co-op is another 10 minute gimmick like game lab was.

Where-am-I-again's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by DomdudeDaGreat Go to original post
    What is this supposed to mean? PvP fits AC Unity just as much as any other game in the AC franchise.
    It's just a nicer way of saying "we can't figure out how to fix all the bugs pestering this game so we scrap it"

Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Sounds good to me.

I've never been one for AC's style of PvP anyways and I won't miss it... That said I see no reason you didn't keep it going.

"me and many others have come to buy the game for the multiplayer."

I would be surprised if it was enough to beat the amount of players who buy it because it's AC or because they love the game play and concept. I'm the latter.

AC2 also seems to be the most popular and that was before MP.

Just saying.

Like I said though, I don't see a valid reason for them leaving it out. I'm excited for co-op though, I agree that it fits better but then again they had the plot that it was a training system for Templars so that's a paper thin excuse.

Localist2012's Avatar Senior Member
    Surely at the very least team modes fit into the narrative? Manhunt, AA, Domination. Cooperative play, team vs team. Uniting !

qubal's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Where-am-I-again Go to original post
    It's just a nicer way of saying "we can't figure out how to fix all the bugs pestering this game so we scrap it"
    It's also a way of saying "We're a multi billion dollar company but we still don't have enough money to give any ****s about our valuable customers."

Where-am-I-again's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by qubal Go to original post
    It's also a way of saying "We're a multi billion dollar company but we still don't have enough money to give any ****s about our valuable customers."
    "Valuable" Yeah, right. Each of us is worth about $60-100 to them.

Can't wait to play both Single Player and Co-op especially since you can free roam in co-op too, about PvP though I'm not disappointed that It's not in Unity because it was a pretty broken mess if you ask me, still if they bring it back on some future AC game, I hope they actually take their time with it and not recycle the same looking MP again (hopefully no teleport...).

P.S is the demo played on X1 or was it played on PC with an Xbox controller?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►