ArabianFrost's Avatar Senior Member

Polygon 20 minute interview with Amancio.

He goes more into depth about the narrative of the story and how side-content affects the ways by which you can approach the main assassinations. Moreover, he explains the two main mission structures of the game, both of which are very complementary of the pillars and sense of investigation. Also, the database entries now actually have hidden clues! There's also a joke at the 12 minute mark about the FPS missions, he takes it like a champ. He really was misunderstood in ACR .It's very insightful about the team's vision for the game. I really love how they approached Unity.

http://www.polygon.com/e3-2014/2014/...male-assassins

kosmoscreed's Avatar Member
    Pretty awesome interview, someone should make a thread with all the interviews from E3.

Originally Posted by kosmoscreed Go to original post
    Pretty awesome interview, someone should make a thread with all the interviews from E3.
    Interviews and articles. Here's an gameinformer article:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/as...eed-unity.aspx

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Normally I get sick of most feminists for complaining about things, but this is just silly.

Ubisoft has plenty of resources.

They can deal with a delay if it means including both sexes.

killzab's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    Normally I get sick of most feminists for complaining about things, but this is just silly.

Ubisoft has plenty of resources.

They can deal with a delay if it means including both sexes.
    Agreed, it's complete BS. Addind boobs doesn't demand that much effort and is worth it

Well that's not true. Women (at least the generic figure) has a significantly different shape from males. You really would have to recreate all the assets and maybe tweak the physics engine at least. It is a lot of more work.

But Ubi should have the decency to include it. I mean come on it's the 21st century.

I think they didnt think much of it and are a bit surprised by the reaction. They'll probably include female co-op characters in the next game. Or maybe as DLC. Who knows.

killzab's Avatar Senior Member
    Well that's not true. Women (at least the generic figure) has a significantly different shape from males. You really would have to recreate all the assets and maybe tweak the physics engine at least. It is a lot of more work.

But Ubi should have the decency to include it. I mean come on it's the 21st century.

I think they didnt think much of it and are a bit surprised by the reaction. They'll probably include female co-op characters in the next game. Or maybe as DLC. Who knows.
    I know, I know I was just kidding

But they'd better have a female assassin in the game even if not playable ( like in the leaked picture of the main protagonists)

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member

Give us a female Assassin Protagonist.

I'm all for diversity, I just get annoyed when people point out standalone examples of a character being white and complain about it. Like Aiden in W_D, I saw an article decrying his race. That's the first game in the series for God's sake. Are white protagonists not allowed at all in those peoples eyes? I think with AC, which has so many make protagonists and almost no female ones (does a handheld even count?) then it gets annoying. Especially when we aren't even representing any particular character in Co-op and still we can't be female?

ArabianFrost's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't really mind it. Had they opted to keep the female in, they would have done double the animation work, with double the moves to show a character that you wouldn't even see, only the others guys see it AND for only a third of the missions. It's a purely aesthetic, non-narrative thing that you wouldn't even notice yourself. Too much work so people can say they have a female character.

Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    Give us a female Assassin Protagonist.

I'm all for diversity, I just get annoyed when people point out standalone examples of a character being white and complain about it. Like Aiden in W_D, I saw an article decrying his race. That's the first game in the series for God's sake. Are white protagonists not allowed at all in those peoples eyes? I think with AC, which has so many make protagonists and almost no female ones (does a handheld even count?) then it gets annoying. Especially when we aren't even representing any particular character in Co-op and still we can't be female?
    People are getting WAY WAY WAY too politically correct with their games these days. When I play games, I really couldn't give a rat's *** if they want to have a black, Jewish gay transsexual as a protag, nevertheless a white one. I'm not looking for games to validate my opinions. I just want to play a damn game, how Ubi does it is up to them as long as it isn't sexist.

I've changed my mind.

We play as Arno in co-op no matter what.

So whether there's female co-op assassins barely make a difference for us. We wouldn't be playing as them anyway.

Makes sense they dont waste resources on such a minor detail.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►