Kimundi's Avatar Senior Member

Official announcement of Griffin Bane - Series 6

Dear players,

We are extremely happy to reveal the first bits of information about the next series of cards for Might and Magic: Duel of Champions!

The Griffin Bane set will bring 100 new cards to the battleground, introducing new abilities and mechanics, and will be available around mid-July, 2014.

Set around the story of the Griffin Duchy of the Haven faction, Griffin Bane traces the events leading up to the 2nd Blood Moon Eclipse and the invasion of Demons, as military and political factions prepare for a terrible war.

More cards, teasers and details will be revealed very, very soon on our different social channels. Stay tuned to catch them all!

This is good news, you really seem to be working hard to improve the game.

So Series 6 will be a Haven centered expansion (not surprised), lets hope that no faction will be left behind. On another note: will there be a revision of the cards contained in standard, i.e. will you remove some cards already in it and/or incorporate others from previous sets?

There won't be any changes to the Base Set

svilleneuve's Avatar Game Designer - Balancing
    We won't be removing cards from standard nor be adding cards from open to standard, but we're looking at multiple angles to make the next meta as balanced as possible.

Great ! I'm really looking forward this extension.

By the way, is the price of HoN in terms of wildcards or gold going to be lower since there is a new set of cards ? Or is it going to be the same ?
    Thanks.

Will these packs be immediately available for gold, or only for seals initially?

Finally some tease

Don't mind if i take a guess on this Protector:

Originally Posted by ShadowcatX2000 Go to original post
    Will these packs be immediately available for gold, or only for seals initially?
    Just been talking with the producer about that, we should be keeping the same model as Heart of Nightmares (2 weeks seals only and then Gold packs available). But nothing is confirmed yet, it may change!

However, we can already say that Griffin Bane won't be playable during Road 2 Paris in July (to have a fair championship), we'll make an official announcement in due time.

Originally Posted by EvianChrist Go to original post
    Great ! I'm really looking forward this extension.

By the way, is the price of HoN in terms of wildcards or gold going to be lower since there is a new set of cards ? Or is it going to be the same ?
    Thanks.
    From what I heard a while back, Wildcard costs for HoN cards should be lower. However I can't confirm anything on that. I've heard nothing about the price of packs, I guess prices have not been decided yet

Bazaltovy's Avatar Swiss Hunter
    Stoked!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►