Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative

AC IV: Black Flag- Single Player GAMEPLAY Feedback *Do NOT post SPOILERS*

Hello Assassin's!

Please use this thread for single player gameplay feedback for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

DO NOT POST SPOILERS OF ANY KIND IN THIS THREAD!

This thread is for what you like and dislike about the game but do not go into details about the storyline.

Many players may get the game after release so again, DO NOT POST SPOILERS!!!

If you have any questions about Spoilers please look here:
    *IMPORTANT* Please read SPOILER WARNING RULES!

For any bugs please report them directly to Ubisoft Support. We also have threads available to discuss them but they are not a replacement for Support.

Single player bugs? Please again report directly to Support and use this Thread.
    AC IV: Black Flag - Single Player - Official Bugs/Issues Thread

Multiplayer bugs? Please again report directly to Support and use this Thread.
    AC IV: Black Flag - Multiplayer- Official Bugs/Issues Thread

For Multiplayer feedback such as game modes, perks, etc, please post here-
    AC IV: Black Flag - Multiplayer - GAMEPLAY Feedback *Possible-Spoilers*

Anyone posting gameplay or story spoilers may have the post removed and face suspension - so please do not risk it!

What can you talk about?

Graphics, sound, variety, your enjoyment or lack of it! and many other things!

Anything as long as it does not risk the enjoyment of the game for others!

Remember your feedback will be read by the team, so please make sure your posts are concise, respectful and on point.

Thanks for taking time to post and your understanding on spoilers!!

Your AC Forum Team

Hi

happy to be back

I got AC IV since yesterday after I pre-ordered already in June. I have to say, it's amazing and it looks so fresh. It combines the best of the worlds of Assassins Creed 3 and Far Cry 3. In terms of graphical textures AC IV is much better than Far Cry 3 on XBOX360 which disappointed me a lot last year. The Carribean islands in this game look just perfect.

Gameplay itself hasnt changed must, it's still a bit counter-intuitive, but after having played all the other AC's on XBOX360 I'm quite capable of moving smoothly and slickly.

Most positive from my side is that it seems to be less bloated than AC III. Well, I haven't gotten too far yet, just left Nassau, but AC III was too much to handle whereas Edwards story looks easier to handle.

@ black widow: are you from Ubisoft? Is there any chance for me I get my Completionist cheevo glitch fixed in AC3? The only thing missing is levelling up one assassin recruit according to the synch bar, but actually he is already at maximum level and there arent conversations left for me with this guy. SOS!

Edit: oh cmon, this was the pc section of the forum? d'oh!

Why do you keep changing the button functions? This is so freaking annoying. Every single AC game has remapped all the abilities.

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    I expected improved naval combat from a game about pirates. But what I see in AC4 is just absurd. Swivel guns can shoot through waves. Grapeshot removed. And its not even possible to chainshot from broadside now. Also choosing between powershot (former fireshot) and regular rounds is weird and never actually explained in game. Turns out you wil always use round shot if you aim, and powershot if you dont. Makes sense? No. And this is especially bad when trying to destroy forts because using powershot on anything above water level is next to impossile, even trying to hit what you want is frustrating.
    Also ship handling feels even more arcade than in AC3. I dont understand why Ubisoft had naval on a very good level when it was just a side activity in AC3 but suddenly decided to dumb it down when making a game where its the major feature.
    Also why Edward is stuck with this Jackdaw crap boat (yes I said boat). I mean you can capture anything and send to your fleet, but cant sail anything youself. Jackdaw isnt even very fast, most manowars can keep up with it, and this spanish legendary ramming monster several times the size of jackdaw is actually noticably faster and has no trouble catching your silly little boat. Im not even asking about something huge, it will be hard to use it in narrow passages but a real ship with 2 gun decks and good look (Aquilla was really beatuful btw) could be very nice.

I dont know why they have this, silly ship either, I thought I read some where in some dlc you can actually buy a different ship. Someone correct me if I am wrong

Originally Posted by airborneguy Go to original post
    I dont know why they have this, silly ship either, I thought I read some where in some dlc you can actually buy a different ship. Someone correct me if I am wrong
    I do nto think so, in the dev game play videos on youtube the refer to the jackdaw as a "second char" so I do not see them give you an option for a different ship.

I activated ac 3 with an email account and played it i deleted that email account month back and i forgot password to uplay account how to recover password cause email is deleted

YazX_'s Avatar Volunteer MOD
    Originally Posted by Mav3rick00 Go to original post
    I activated ac 3 with an email account and played it i deleted that email account month back and i forgot password to uplay account how to recover password cause email is deleted
    you cant. unless if you contacted support with your proof of purchase so they can reset the email attached to your account to the one you are using now.

Hey guys!

Just booted up the game and it's pretty awesome, except for one thing: the controls. It feels so awkward to run faster and all that with the shift button, I want the EXACT same controls as in AC3, does anyone know if that's even possible? Tried to switch the whole thing, so I got running, swimming faster with the spacebar button, though I then instead ran into problems when I was supposed to do the eage-jump..

Anyone who might be willing to help a stranded-persian pirate? ARRRGH

This game is stupid, when you use the Pirate voice in a pirate game, it says cheat enabled and saving is disabled and the game is broken. Why not just make it melt the computer or delete the game content as well? What a joke.

Pirate voice should not be a cheat. If enabled it breaks the game removing saving and all kinds of stuff. this is stupid, its a PIRATE game.

Its also stupid I can buy time saver dlc to reveal every treasure and map point in the game but thats not a cheat, but just changing my voice is a cheat? Cmon, lets fix this.

I wanna be a pirate and talk like a pirate T_T

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last ►►