GunnerGalactico's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Radman500 Go to original post

Originally Posted by NssDvl Go to original post

I'm loving his outfit... it looks very regal. The people at the back definitely look like recruits. Things look promising so far... I hope we get more leaks before E3

Kaschra's Avatar AC Expert
    Dammit, his design is really awesome

Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    Ooh!

Why does this stuff alwasy happen when I'm asleep/gotta go to work?!

Now this is the leakysoft I know and love! Hard to deduce much, but the guy in the upper right corner reminds me a bit of Danton:

I suppose the girl is Charlotte Corday.

m4r-k7's Avatar Senior Member
    In regards to the beak thing. In some pictures such as the trailer, and this new concept art, he does not have a beak. But on the spin thing he does have a beak. Maybe he earns it? I am pretty sure the original leak that has been 100% correct so far says he is the leader of the French division of Assassins. So all the guys behind him on this concept art are other French assassins whilst he is leading them, thus represented by him being in the centre. He definitely is looking bulkier than the original trailer which is quite good as he did look super slim in the trailer. I hope they are going to adopt more similarities with AC 1 with this game. I know AC 1 was repetitive, but the thing about that game that struck me and still does is that you feel like an assassin. The core mechanics were there which was improved in AC 2. However, after AC 2 I feel they were moving out of those core mechanics, more into a "main stream" fighter type character. I am happy they put a lot of stealth in AC 4. I just really want this game to draw more influence from AC 1 as they have been moving in another direction. AC 1 was exactly what AC is about. Get a target, be stealthy, use environment to your advantage, kill, get out, and then the combat was the thing you resort to last. I hope the combat has more variety and I hope the gameplay is mixed with AC 1 + AC 2 for the "assassin feel" whilst giving you the freedom of AC 4.

Also, I dont think Connor will be a co-op player. He may very well make an appearance though. The developers have said they have finished the Kenway saga. Secondly, Ubisoft know how much people didn;t like Connor (I didn't mind him) and 3) Devs have said that Connor is no longer having any more games. None of the assassins behind Arno in this new concept art looks like Connor at all.

marvelfannumber's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    I wonder how many of his friends will be killed via guillotine for sake of feels
    That makes me think, this is probably a very far fetched theory but this is just what I am thinking.

Maybe just maybe the person who is being guillotined in the trailer is one of the last of his assassin buds and maybe Robespierre has betrayed or begun discriminating against the assassins.

The french brotherhood is almost completely destroyed. Arno might have been an associate of Roberspierre before he went nuts and is thus partially blamed for this and is demoted AC1 style, this might explain the change in design here and thus begins his quest to rebuild the brotherhood and regain his rank.

Because I find it a bit odd that they had that concept art of his outfit quite early but still used the old and outdated model in the sneak peak (I know it was not intended to be put out but still, it does not take that long to make one model right? Especially for the main character).

Anyways this is just another one of my crackpot theories which will probably turn out horrendusly wrong, but hey it's fun speculating right?

Will_Lucky's Avatar Senior Member
    Finally, good to hear something out of Ubisoft after the last couple of months .

If we're gonna have a mission where we have to assassinate one of our assassin allies I'm gonna be so happy.

I mean, I'm gonna be mortified, but it's going to be so awesome.

And where we assassinate the ally not because (s)he betrays us, or the assassins ideals. And not because we betray anybody. But because when Nothing is true and everything is permitted, two can still hold widely opposed views that are incompatible in a time of turmoil like the French revolution.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    OMFG why is Arno POUTING.

JESUS.

WHY.