JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member

There is no respect for the guards

Spoiler:  Show

The image speaks for itself.

So many innocent fathers and husbands we probably killed. It would be nice to get a bit more of their perspective. How they get the short end of the stick so much.

These men deserve to be identified and sympathized by the player more, me thinks.

Or am I just crazy?

SpiritOfNevaeh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    Spoiler:  Show

The image speaks for itself.

So many innocent fathers and husbands we probably killed. It would be nice to get a bit more of their perspective. How they get the short end of the stick so much.

These men deserve to be identified and sympathized by the player more, me thinks.

Or am I just crazy?
    You just answered your own question

No seriously, i see what you mean, but it's not like you have to kill them unless it's a mission/memory requirement

Yeah that's true. Maybe they could add more dialogues where if you are standing near some guards, or on some tailing missions, they could talk about their kids or wife or parents. Like a guy who just learns he's a new dad, or they've been away for war so long they only have to wait a few days to go home. Idk just something to sympathize with them or make you feel bad for killing guards indiscriminately outside of combat like your picture there.

LieutenantRex's Avatar Member
    You're not crazy. I wrote a fanfiction about the guards in Assassin's Creed and their families and their lives before they get stabbed by Ezio/Connor/Altair.

In all honesty, even though the guards are 'innocent' and killing them would violate the Creed, it's collateral that each Assassin must live with. Both Ezio and Altair showed regret late in their lives for all the blood they spilled, but at the time, things had to be done. Some of the guards are ****s. Like the Ottomans in Constantinople who massacred the rioters near the Arsenal. They deserved to die.

@humble

We still have to kill them a ton of the time in missions as well.

@bmark

i remember overhearing a guard talk about a vacation plan with his wife. I was so pissed i was required to kill him.

@lieutenant

true there are jerk guards.

@bmark

i remember overhearing a guard talk about a vacation plan with his wife. I was so pissed i was required to kill him.
    Really? what game was that? I don't remember doing that.

@bmark

I think it was Assassin's Creed 2. Where you must sneak through underground catacombs or something of that sort and a guard mentions how he's getting paid lots of gold just to stand there. And he cant wait to vacation with his wife or something.

I can't remember fully tho.

LieutenantRex's Avatar Member
    @bmark

I think it was Assassin's Creed 2. Where you must sneak through underground catacombs or something of that sort and a guard mentions how he's getting paid lots of gold just to stand there. And he cant wait to vacation with his wife or something.

I can't remember fully tho.
    Yup, you're right. His name is Lothario or something. Why couldn't Ezio just knock him out? >.> He's kind of a hypocrite, you know? His family got killed off and he goes left and right killing off others.

I personally would love to play as a guard who may become an assassin or templar.

I personally would love to play as a guard who may become an assassin or templar.
    That could be very interesting. Imagine playing as just average joe soldier. Fight in a battle or something, do something heroic and get transferred to be a personal guard of an Assassin General or Politician, and then narrowly survive an attack that killed the person you were guarding.

You wake up wounded in the ash and smoulders of the building you guarded, only to find your superior's dead body, and maybe correspondence, or a secret room where he kept all of his assassin gear and robes? Then you follow the lead from the letter to get to the bottom of his murder.

Your motivation in the beginning is your duty as a soldier and respect for a man you were guarding. Trying to right his death and bring justice to those who committed his murder. Idk bout you but that sounds like an interesting way to begin an AC game from a new perspective. And it would give an excuse for a battlefield sequence or two!(one of my favorite things even if a few didn't feel that great cuz they felt shoehorned)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►