Days passed, and still no patch, nothing. Just like Assassins Creed 3 and 4, days. Thanks for this, again. !!!

Seems this is the second ubisoft game that i bought and im not able to play it...

is your GPU 4gb? if you want to use the best textures and what not, it has to be 4gb.

Hey guys,

Friend of mine has an almost equally capable set-up to mine and experiences absolutely no stutter whatsoever. Now I kind of got an idea of what might be the difference: he's running Windows 7 and I'm running Windows 8.1.

When looking through this thread, I see the vast majority of people with the trouble running on Windows 8 (and I'm talking about the stutter independent from the extraordinarily high VRAM usage. I upgraded from my 690 (2×2GB) to 780 SLI (2×6GB) and I notice that the stutter corresponding with texture loading / swapping (when looking around rapidly, for instance) is competely gone.) However, when racing through the city, there would still be the standard stutter every so many seconds. Even stranger, it seems to be happening at set places (when I race from that island to downtown Chicago, it always stutters at the exact same spots, as if it is loading in the data from the traffic lights / people around you / whatnot).

TL;DR: I get the feeling, just a hunch, that it might be related to W8 / W8.1 ? Since we are not really getting any response from Ubi yet, I'm simply trying to find out why some people have the stutter and others do not.

metalfenix_666's Avatar Member
    That's a good theory, I have win 8.1, and none of the fixes have worked for me. Unless I disable the sound.

They only cry and laugh on the same time on stages on E3, and say how awesome their games are, and say too many times "sh!t" word, just to sell some couple of games in the future. Well you can fool americans, but not europeans guys !!

- Ubisoft, 2014, nice downgrade

Same old complaints this side... intermittently the game goes on a go slow, playable but very frustrating.. I have tried the shortcut extension and Nvidia 3d settings to no avail... UBI, please assist with feedback or patch.

Rig:

W 8.1
    780ti oc version
    16Gb Ram
    i7 4770k (not overclocked)

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Hi Guys,

We no longer need any more information, the team has enough to pinpoint the issue now :

We have identified the factors that are creating this particular issue and are currently working on a fix. We’ll keep you updated when we know more on when we’ll be able to release it.

Thanks for your understanding.

metalfenix_666's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Mr_Shade Go to original post
    Hi Guys,

We no longer need any more information, the team has enough to pinpoint the issue now :

We have identified the factors that are creating this particular issue and are currently working on a fix. We’ll keep you updated when we know more on when we’ll be able to release it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Let's hope so, I want to believe!

Country + Format:
    UK - PC

Usernames & Gamertags:
    Yanta1974

Frequency:
    Frequently, usually when driving

Since when does it happen:
    Since the beginning.

Describe what is the issue encountered:
    The game suffers from a stutter when driving, causing it to freeze for a second or two causing me to crash into buildings and people.

Define the Flow of the error:
    It happens especially when driving.

Anything else you think is useful:
    My specs are:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    AMD Athlon II X4 635
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 550Ti
    8GB of DDR3 RAM

I know UBI is already working on this issue but here is a video showing the graphic glitches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGvH4DPG_xI

System Specs:
    Intel core i5 2500k
    GTX 660 ti SLI (2Go)
    16Go DDRAM
    Nvidia 337.88 drivers
    Graphic settings shown in the video (recommended by nvidia for this config)