🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Day 3

Well, still no official confirmation that this problem exists or is infact being addressed. It has moved down the "Known Issues" page list of problems, which i suspect means that this isnt a high priority....I cannot play the game with sound. I cannot play the game.

I wont be buying Ubisoft stuff again. I feel so cheated here.

Originally Posted by staff777 Go to original post
    Well, still no official confirmation that this problem exists or is infact being addressed. It has moved down the "Known Issues" page list of problems, which i suspect means that this isnt a high priority....I cannot play the game with sound. I cannot play the game.

They're most likely aware of the issue by now, but this isn't going to fix itself over night. Most likely looking at a few weeks maybe more before they fix the issue.

Originally Posted by staff777 Go to original post

Yep. I got sucked on DA2, being such a fan of DA:O. Dropped $60 on release day, experienced utter disappointment, and I haven't bought an EA game since. I guess Ubisoft is going to get the same treatment. It's bad enough that these problems even existed in the first place, or rather that they were allowed to make it to launch. I mean seriously, what were they testing their game on? Did they not even try an SLI or XFire setup?

It's just crazy that a developer would allow these issues to persist until launch. As for me, I'm $60 poorer with a game that I absolutely cannot play, even on the lowest settings.

Thanks Ubi but from now on I'll give my money to a dev that actually cares about the quality of their products.

It's nice to know Ubisoft at least recognizes the problem... http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/30/wa...ame=0&ns_fee=0

Originally Posted by respiration123 Go to original post
    It's nice to know Ubisoft at least recognizes the problem... http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/30/wa...ame=0&ns_fee=0
    Yes at least they did.

Guys, remember Assassins Creed 3 days, on the old forms, when people just posted massive amounts of topics on the forums, regarding AC3 big fps issues in towns ? Ubisoft didnt said anything, and kept ignoring PC users.

Remember Assassins Creed 4 days ? On these new forums, people again complained about performance issues. Also ubisoft didnt said anything.

I really hope watch dogs will be fixed for pc users.

Originally Posted by CalinUBI Go to original post
    Yes at least they did.

Guys, remember Assassins Creed 3 days, on the old forms, when people just posted massive amounts of topics on the forums, regarding AC3 big fps issues in towns ? Ubisoft didnt said anything, and kept ignoring PC users.

Remember Assassins Creed 4 days ? On these new forums, people again complained about performance issues. Also ubisoft didnt said anything.

I really hope watch dogs will be fixed for pc users.
    All you guys do is complain and read what you want to read. They already said they are working on it. On twitter one of the devs literally adressed the gpu issues and that they are working on it. Pointed out that the disrupt engine is quite complex, plus creating an open world game for previous, current gen and pc is not something to take lightly. Don't you think that they know they have to get this game working right if they ever want to have people buy their next games. The ac series already had prvoven itself (its not an excuse but i think you get my point) have some patience.

A slight improvement...

You guys may want to try doing a driver sweeper and then a fresh install of the 337.88 drivers. It seems to have improved things a bit on my end. Perhaps with the "disable page file check" switch and changing the frame buffering to "1". You may actually find you can play the game.

It's definitely in no way a complete fix as you'll likely still get that micro stutter when driving, but you'll learn to compensate for it.

Also, I would try using the full screen borderless option if you're not already. Windows seem to manage better than the game.

Hopefully this helps someone. If you're not familiar with doing any of the things listed above, just ask and I can walk you through it. It's really straight-forward.

tlr_87's Avatar Junior Member
    Hi I thought I would post my issues here too. I also am having stuttering problems with this game.

Country + Format:
    New Zealand + PC Retail

Usernames & Gamertags:
    tlr_87

Frequency:
    Regularly while playing.

Since when does it happen:
    Since I Installed the game.

Describe the issue encountered:
    The frame rate drops from 80 fps to 2-14 fps causing stuttering in the frame rate.

Define the flow of the error:

This commonly happens when I am moving into a new area of the game. Its very noticeable when driving in the game.

Anything else you think is useful:

According to your system requirements on the back of the box I should be able to play this with textures on high.
    However if I lower the textures to m
    edium this reduces the frequency. Also no matter what I do in Graphics Quality does not help this issue.
    I suspect there is a bottleneck within the games texture streaming or there is memory leak.

My system specifications:

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 SuperClocked
    Dedicated Memory: 2 GB RAMGeForce 337.88 WHQL drivers

Below is my Dxdiag link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k6xi26qnv...WDfcvFAVU_5Q_a

metalfenix_666's Avatar Member
    Sirs, Try the suggestion on this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...utter-problems

Basically, add the -nosound argument to the command line to see if the stuttering gets lesser...in my case, it made the game playable for the very first time! I drive around like mad, and I actually liked it. I know, it's not a solution (I want to hear the sound of this game!!!! ), but it's a step on the right way (I hope someone from ubi notes this).

Kinda found something that helps

I'm like DAFUQ now, I just ran the game though Razer Game Booster and BAM, the game is smooth as Wario's banana (that one that he throws off the kart and because of that you lose the race)! Yeah, I know that this sounds like ****, but worked! Give it a try! Does not fix COMPLETELY the stutter, but gets 99% better
    PS.: I didn't make anything beyond that, just ran the game with G-force experience recommended settings, though Game Booster, I defragged files from my HD too, but I think what fixed was Game Booster.
    Hope this work for you guys too, here helped, sorry if this doesn't help you, really, but worked for me, give it a try and share the results!