twardy_'s Avatar Banned
    New format: Road to Paris

Added a new 'Road to Paris' format to the 'Challenge a Friend' game mode. This format will be used during competitive Road to Paris matches.
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...1#post10086747

Kimundi's Avatar Senior Member
    IMPORTANT

The Road to Paris Live Finals was originally planned to happen in January at the Salon Gustave Eiffel. Due to circumstances out of our control, the date of the event had to be moved. As such, we are adding the following items to this FAQ.

We apologize for the disagreements that this new situation may bring. Thanks for your understanding.

Q. When will the Live Finals take place?
    A. The Live Finals will take place in Paris on November 15th, 2014
    At the Meltdown Esport bar
    6 Passage Thiéré - 75011 PARIS (France)
    From 10 am to 6 pm (approximately).

Q. Who will take part to the Live Finals?
    A. The top 8 players on the Season Points leaderboard after the October Gold Cup will be invited to the Live Finals in Paris.

Q. What are the prizes for the World Championship?
    A. The total cash prize for the event is 15 000 €.
    This amount will be split as follows:

1st: 7500
    2nd: 3000
    3rd: 1500
    4th: 1000
    5th-8th: 500

Additionally, the sponsor covers the following costs:
    • A round-trip coach class air transportation (or ground transportation if the finalist lives within a 100 mile radius of Paris) will be provided to the finalists.
    • 2 nights at a hotel in Paris
    • The prizes do not include any out of pocket expenses, extras, catering expenses, transportation costs to and from the airport and/or to and from the finalist’s home or hotel or all of the expenses which shall be exclusively borne by the winner.
    • Travelers are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary visas and appropriate travel documents prior to their departure.

Q. Why is October the last month to qualify for the Road to Paris?
    A. For logistical reasons, the event had to be rescheduled to November 2014 instead of January 2015, as originally planned.
    Because of this, another venue had to be selected quickly since the Eiffel Tower was no longer an option in the new timeframe.
    The place chosen is the Meltdown Esport bar where we’ve already organized some Duel of Champions events before. This is a great place to hold the finals, which will be broadcasted in other Meltdown bars in Paris, London and Berlin simultaneously.

Q. What happens if I am a finalist and I can’t attend the Live Finals?
    A. All finalists must physically attend the event in Paris on November 15th, 2014 to qualify for one of the cash prizes. If a player can’t attend, the next best players on the Season Points leaderboard (positions 9, 10, etc.) will be contacted to fill in instead.

Q. Who can attend the Live Finals?
    A. Access to the event during the competitions will be on invitation only. Once the competition is over and the 2014 champion crowned, the venue will open its doors to the public for the night. Official hours will be confirmed soon.

Q. What will be the official format for the Live Finals?
    A. The official Road to Paris format for the Live Finals will be the Standard format, which at the time of the event will include all cards from the Base Set 2, Heart of Nightmares, Griffin Bane and Sins of Betrayal.
    The tournament will be a single elimination in best of 3 rounds, with the final match in best of 5.

WOW ! Those are really hefty rewards. I really couldn't pick a better time to stop playing DoC

Gl guys, now we will see who's best under this kinda pressure

Milky97's Avatar Team GZ Captain
    The prices were actually announced already previously. I think the reason why they made it earlier is because they plan to shut down DoC in 2015.

Oh no! Those prizes! I should have qualified this year instead of last year

Well **** happens! Good luck to the players! Enjoy the experience. The game is not the best of the trip ^^

cucu99's Avatar Heed the Call!
    Originally Posted by Milky97 Go to original post
    The prices were actually announced already previously. I think the reason why they made it earlier is because they plan to shut down DoC in 2015.
    Yeah i thought about the same, but:

They just hired Trump to play and advartise doc for 1 year like a month ago. (I think they know this at least since 1 month)
    why they should make this new economic desing if they shut down anyway?

I guess not this is the main reason but something like no money for r2p staff anymore maybe. dunno...

Anyway i think i need to be very unlucky to knocked out from this event, so i'm glad to meet with doc staff in live finally

jkk89's Avatar First 1700 ELO! Hooah!
    Un-official info: There will be also 140 Xorm statues for the winner

Dont worry guys I will share them with You

Kimundi's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by jkk89 Go to original post
    Un-official info: There will be also 140 Xorm statues for the winner

Dont worry guys I will share them with You
    I may be able to give you one which is intact anyway, I owe you one

I'm thrilled to be able to see you all in real life I need a pic with you guys

It would be good if you could offer some sort of explanation as to why r2p is being rescheduled. People are getting restless and start wondering about the future of DoC.

hectoring's Avatar Duel of Champions Grandmaster
    +1. For example, the CP cutoff for the last Gold season is in 2 weeks time. What will the ladder be like after that??