rabbitts's Avatar Senior Member

Guitar Challenge: BiWeek 1 – Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody (Lead) ALL LEVELS WELCOME!

Welcome to the revamped Guitar Challenges!!

Here’s how it works:

• Every two weeks we will select a song that will be the focus of our practice and play during the challenge. The goal here is to create a community environment where we encourage and help one another to improve/polish our guitar playing.

• ANYONE can join in – from absolute beginners to guitar aficionados.

• While practicing in Learn-a-song and Riff Repeater will almost certainly be a part of challenge, each participant will eventually need to submit a score in Score Attack by the end of the challenge.

• You can complete Score Attack at ANY level of difficulty: Easy, Medium, or Hard.

• To participate, simply reply to this song thread with your level, score, accuracy, and note streak in the title. For example: HSA 1,000,000 | 98% | 389 NS | Next: Kiss - Love Gun.

• Your song choice for the next challenge should also be listed in your title or post.

• If you want, you can also post a screenshot from your Score Attack in your post.

• If you improve your score at any time during the challenge period, simply revise your earlier post with the new score.

• At the end of the challenge period, we will choose a new song randomly from all the participants’ choices.

Our first challenge song will be Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody (Lead). This challenge will run from September 29th – October 13th.

Will this be the Std, Alt 1 or Alt 2 lead part?

Does it really matter?

I would guess that it's it's lead that is intended, but whatever you have fun with?

Yes, I meant the regular lead for our challenge. I had forgotten there were Alts available.

Hsa 831,607 | 97.81% | 208 ns|

Here's my starting point score after a bit of a refresher in learn-a-song. It hit me that I hadn't touched Score Attack since our old challenges when the first "broken streak" or whatever effect flashed across the screen and nearly blew out my speakers and scared me half to death. I have to remember to turn down the volume on sound effects next time. Sad to say, even though I've been playing, I think my skills have regressed a bit with sloppy practicing. That high score must have been from an old challenge....

10/1 - HSA 645,472 | 96.64% | 124 NS |

10/7 - HSA 831,607 | 97.81% | 208 NS | - practiced a bit more....that run towards the end with be the death of me. I'm pretty solid at 90% speed...but that last 10% feels like Everest.

Future pick: Gary Moore - "The Loner"
     2 people found this helpful

MSA 197,497 | 91.02% | 119 ns

Can't say that I've actually practised this, but that was better than the last time I played it. Either I'm (slowly) improving or I'm getting better at reading.

Have a better score on ESA, but would sooner push for a Gold MSA or Bronze HSA.

It's taking me back though.... Anybody remember when it was the last of the previous challenges petered out?
     2 people found this helpful

MartynQ's Avatar Senior Member

HSA 1,557,051 | 99.56% | 264 NS | Next: Through Glass (Lead)

1st Oct: HSA 1,212,339 | 97.08% | 310 NS

I was pleasantly surprised on my first play through on Tuesday night. This was somewhat better than the last time I did a Hard Score Attack run, which I think was back when we last did this song in the old Challenges. Hopefully with practice, I can improve from here... it would be disappointing if further practice resulted in getting lower scores!

6th Oct: HSA 1,444,434 | 98.25% | 261 NS

I practiced the middle ("vocal") section on Saturday and then the fast run on Sunday. I'm not sure how much more progress I'll make in the second week.

8th Oct: HSA 1,557,051 | 99.56% | 264 NS

I suspect that might be the best I can do.

My pick for next song: Stone Sour - Through Glass (Lead)
     1 people found this helpful

Z1ronJones's Avatar Member

MSA 211,069 | 92.92% | 118 ns

29.09. Very rusty beginning. I had another MSA run with 190k score but way lower percentage as I got lost in two solo parts.
    Anyway, going to mostly practice HSA from now on.
    MSA 143,816 | 90% | 44 ns

06.10. Some MSA improvement after practicing HSA. Today was the first dat that HSA felt actually doable on low speed,
    but no hope passing at full speed.
    MSA 211,069 | 92.92% | 118 ns

MSA - 195,876 - 93.76% - 83NS - Next - Killing In The Name

This was OK for my first go - well the score was OK but it sounded terrible!

Update - managed to improve my score marginally but with a slightly worse %. Suspect a lot of work needed to improve significantly. Had a dabble with HSA and managed to get about 60% through.

Quite a fun song to play - only purchased for the Challenge and plenty of scope to work on it for years to come.

Originally Posted by maghostus Go to original post
    It's taking me back though.... Anybody remember when it was the last of the previous challenges petered out?
    Maghostus,
    From what I can tell, the last challenge was back in January 2018. Sadly, looks like all the data is gone from the rocksmithchallenge.com website to know when this song was last picked.