Anyone else with game crash issues [disrupt error]

Just wondering if anyone else who has their copy are having trouble getting it to work?

My game goes to the screen after the ubisoft logo and then locks up - apparently a 'disrupt_b64.dll' error.

Updated all drivers etc on my system and then reinstalled by downloading from uplay (in case the disc install didn't work properly) - same problem.

Even used a fresh copy of win 8 on another hard drive and installed to that - and the same error lol, not heard back from tech support yet so just wondering if anyone else has the same problem

KmarkoPL's Avatar Senior Member
    What you talking about ? the game is not official released yet , If I did not know better , I would say you try pirated version !
    Other wise , I would think that the game is been locked until full release on 27.05

GenialityOfEvil's Avatar Senior Member
    Retail versions aren't date locked. But yes, the game isn't officially released yet so anyone playing it prior to that is running it with out-dated drivers (the Watch Dogs compatible ones aren't out yet) and possibly without a necessary patch.

The b64.dll is a system function component for Windows. If you're getting a critical error, it's not the game that's jacked up, but your OS. Unless of course you pirated it and are using a crack, in which case you now have a system reg virus embedded in your rig.

https://www.google.com/#q=disrupt_b64.dll&safe=off

Disrupt is the name of Watch Dogs' engine, so no it's not a Windows component.

Originally Posted by fishers1989 Go to original post
    Disrupt is the name of Watch Dogs' engine, so no it's not a Windows component.
    b64.dll file is a crucial part of Windows operating system and is used to open and execute files.

Thanks for the answers so far - the drivers issue does make sense so could be an idea to just wait and see

But to clarify - it is the uplay edition (arrived in the post today) And also after activating the product with the code - I could also download the whole game through uplay too (which I did in case the disk installation didn't install properly)

All retail versions are uplay regardless of which edition you got so they'll all let you install from the disc or download. People who bought digital have to wait for their key to be sent to them around release day. That's what I meant by date locked, I should probably have been clearer on that.

Originally Posted by Devil0351 Go to original post
    b64.dll file is a crucial part of Windows operating system and is used to open and execute files.
    The file is Disrupt_B64.dll, meaning it is a Ubisoft created library for the engine, not a Windows file.

Go into Windows Error Reporting and copy/paste the error message here exactly as it appears.

1) Click Start
    2) Type Event Viewer into the Search Box
    3) Click Windows Logs then Application
    4) Find the associated error

Originally Posted by Devil0351 Go to original post
    Go into Windows Error Reporting and copy/paste the error message here exactly as it appears.

1) Click Start
    2) Type Event Viewer into the Search Box
    3) Click Windows Logs then Application
    4) Find the associated error
    Thanks for your replies Here is the error message:

Faulting application name: Watch_Dogs.exe, version: 0.1.0.1, time stamp: 0x537507a1
    Faulting module name: Disrupt_b64.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5375077c
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000001d7433c
    Faulting process id: 0x1134
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cf76b8afb48a43
    Faulting application path: G:\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\Watch_Dogs\bin\Watch_Dogs.exe
    Faulting module path: G:\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\Watch_Dogs\bin\Disrupt_b64.dll
    Report Id: fb83f8f9-e2ab-11e3-9255-bcaec5309bf8

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last ►►