morrillo's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by D2Dahaka Go to original post
    Will check this out...when the 360 version lets me download tracks in less than 100 attempts *facepalm*
    It's odd how the XB1 PS4 servers seem pretty stable but the 360 servers are a mess ?
    Gonna try try this track when I can also.

VEGASTRASH's Avatar Senior Member
    Hey Fecker....could you upload a screenshot of the driveline layout from above....if you get a chance. If you go next gen, consider a ps4. I miss playing your tracks. Really nice one here.

Driveline is completely straight, here's a few "Obsanity Too" editor shots

EDIT: I should probably clarify this a bit, so heres how the build proccess went.

1. Set up one big long straight line along the global axis (makes OPE easier to set up + can
    use the global snapping plane)

2. Built the entire driveline

3. Added 3 custom cameras placed exactly 8 meters apart, glued together and set to follow the rider

4. Added concrete blocks along the Z-axis repeating every 8 meters

5. Time to teleport, Most of the driveline ahead of you is invisible and its all cut up. All the
    obsticles are copied 8 meters back and forth along the z-axis, with some visible and some
    invisible. As you cross a trigger it cuts to the next camera and toggles the visibility of the
    obsticles. Thats all it basicaly is, a cutting camera and a visability event. Figureing out what
    needs to be invisible/visible can be a bit trial and error.

6. Once i had all the obsticles set up i could do whatever i wanted with the main area as long as it
    repeated along the 8 meter scale i'd set up. so i did all the fine details, set up a few OPEs and a
    few other bits a pieces.

7. Built a dodecahedron and an animated Hyperbolic Parabaloid and done.

So thats basically it, hopefully that makes sense to somebody

VEGASTRASH's Avatar Senior Member
    I was actually talking about Insanity Seven...I apologize for not being more clear. I was extremely confused, then saw you were speaking about another track.
    The Insanity Seven is similar to the build you've been making for a while. Always adding something new though and getting better.
    Maybe I'll send you a PS4 for my error...haah, plus it would be nice to have those tracks on there.
    Anyway, I know it take a little explaining, etc...but, if you're to run through the Insanity Seven concept build, I will certainly read up. Depending on the time involved, I'll make sure you get credit for the years of inspiration behind the stagnant camera track concept.
    If you don't feel up to it, I fully understand. Thanks...Trash.

Originally Posted by VEGASTRASH Go to original post
    I was actually talking about Insanity Seven...I apologize for not being more clear. I was extremely confused, then saw you were speaking about another track.
    The Insanity Seven is similar to the build you've been making for a while. Always adding something new though and getting better.
    Maybe I'll send you a PS4 for my error...haah, plus it would be nice to have those tracks on there.
    Anyway, I know it take a little explaining, etc...but, if you're to run through the Insanity Seven concept build, I will certainly read up. Depending on the time involved, I'll make sure you get credit for the years of inspiration behind the stagnant camera track concept.
    If you don't feel up to it, I fully understand. Thanks...Trash.
    No worries, I'd love to see what you'd do with the concept and i look foward to my new PS4
    Here's a Few "Insanity Seven" editor shots and a description of how I did it

1. Set up one big long straight line. Under environment settings set cloud shadow alpha to 0 (shadows are youre biggest problem, pity you cant just turn them off)

2. Build the general area you want to teleport within and set up your custom camera(Set to cut and within range of the rider so it will activate on start)
    Filter an impulse from the start checkpoint to a camera event targeting the first camera(this stops the camera switching to the default cam on the first jump)
    Then place obsticles along the first line.

3. Drop in/out of test mode (to allign the editor camera to where the game camera will be) and spawn a checkpoint, move it until
    the rider goes off screen, then align an area trigger with the rider(as a marker)

4. Select the whole area including the camera and make a copy, move this clear of the first area and re-align the driveline
    to cross the next line and drop it. Spawn a checkpoint in this new area, drop in/out of test mode and use a checkpoint
    to find the point at which the rider enters the screen.

5. Select the second area and the checkpoint you used to align the rider and slide it into place, align the rider with the area
    trigger you set up.

6. From your area trigger Target a camera event(targeting the new camera) and 2 visibility events, 1 visible and 1 invisible (i dont trust toggle)
    Enter test mode and identify objects from section 2 that are visible in section 1. Glue these together and target them with the visibility event
    then make them invisible. Repeat the process in section 2 and target the glue group with the invisibility event. The first "teleport" should now
    be working pefectly.

7. Next add obsticles along the second line, these will then need to be copied back to the first section.
    There's two ways that i do this, the easiest is to use the snapping plane.
    Select all the newly placed objects plus any other object, copy and glue. Now set the snapping plane to the other object and snap the pivot to that
    object (you can now delete this object) now re-set the snapping plane to where this objects copy is in section one and your glue group
    should just snap into place.
    The second way is more or less the same thing but using the ObjectInfoDatasource tiles, Read the XYZ co-ordinates of the other
    object and its copy then manualy align the two objects using the tiles.

8. The process pretty much repeats like that. I would usualy carry on a bit further with the line and copy several lines back at once and then set up
    OPE's and stuff. The looping train animantion running in the background of "Absolutley Insane" was actualy 8 identical trains, all were being targeted by
    1 looping local OPE.

9. Any checkpoints set up need to fiter back to the camera event that activates when you enter that section. Sometimes sending these impulses twice can
    causes a little lag, i usualy tie a datasource to the checkpoint trigger and disable it with a set value event when you first enter the area.

10. Towards the end of the track(the city area) the process changed slightly, i used an old trick from "Absolutley Insane"
    I built it as normal but the massive visibilty event caused lag and the buildings were overlapping very heavily accross 3 or 4 sections.
    Each city section was glued together in one big glue group, i used ObjectInfoDatasource tiles to determine each sections position then tied them to an OPE.
    Now i was able to delete the ObjectInfoDatasource tiles (Saving the info)and move the whole section the hell out of the way. Now i add the OPE to the normal Invisible/visible setup
    with the previous section being made invibile. None of the four city are actualy in postition until you enter the area. This trick only works if you use the OPE to
    jump a section into place, if you try to OPE a section out of position it will cause a nasty flicker. This dosen't happen when you make the previous secton Invisible.
    When i used this trick for "Absolutley Insane" i would re-use massive sections of the track, basicly section 1 was re-used as section 3
    and section 2 was re-used as section 4. Its a great way to re-claim complexity.

11. Most effects will not work properly, a fire effect for example, will reset when you teleport, Electric arcs/sparks will work fine because of thier random nature,
    i haven't experimented with them all so i'm not sure exactly what will work.

So thats pretty much the process that i used, if you do want to try to build a track like this i'd be happy to help. It can be quite confusing at times.

Got me a capture card the other day so I decided to make a couple of videos.

The first video I made was 20 minutes of me building a small Insanity track.
    Unfortunately the upload crashed at 80% Maybe i'll try again tomorrow.

The second video did upload, so here is an editor video of the Trials Evo Track "Absolutely Insane"

Got the second video uploaded.

For the few of you who may be interested Here's how i do an "Insanity" track

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated...

Available now:

Insanity Eight

Trails: Medium