Aphex_Tim's Avatar Senior Member
    A quick google shows that these spam threads show up everywhere on any forum with the word "general" in the title. Ubi's not the only one! I hope it can be stopped soon...

Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    Annnnd they're gone. I think Yaz and me are the new anti-spam device...

Originally Posted by Dev_Anj Go to original post
    Well, how about I put a .jpeg as well?

Just dug this out of the comment section of an IGN article:

Lol, that's beautiful. Reggie looks a little too happy...

TheHumanTowel's Avatar Senior Member
    The Cleveland Cavaliers win the draft lottery again. Never has a professional basketball team been so undeserving of the good fortune they get and so incompetent at taking advantage of it.

Originally Posted by Aphex_Tim Go to original post
    A quick google shows that these spam threads show up everywhere on any forum with the word "general" in the title. Ubi's not the only one! I hope it can be stopped soon...
    Wonder if the forum tech guys know this? Seems worth it to change the name (or add an invisible letter) to get rid of all spam. Maybe some mod could report?

Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    Invisible letter wouldn't help - apparently this is done by humans. Changing the name, possibly, but they'd find us again soon enough, and it might just confuse things for the legit members.

However, I'll pass it on, just in case they can do something with it.

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Sushiglutton Go to original post
    Wonder if the forum tech guys know this? Seems worth it to change the name (or add an invisible letter) to get rid of all spam. Maybe some mod could report?
    The server team are well aware

However if we change the name - it would mean all of the game sites changing too and it will only delay them a short while - AND - many are in fact, human - so it wouldn't fool them at all

Nice idea, but the anti spam we have - is the best option at present.

I have heard rumours, that people linking to meme's and images on other sites - they have code that can find out where they are posted and pass on URL information to where they are used - and this info is then sold to advertising sites..

So, we wouldn't be safe anyway..

Oki-doki, carry on then !

Does anybody here play Hearthstone? I really want to like this game cause of it's design, style, gameplay, music etc. but I can't stand how I've played about 30 or 40 matches so far and didn't manage to win even a single one..... Hell, I can't even beat the freakin' AI in "Practice mode!" (of all things) to unlock new characters. What's up with that?

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Aphex_Tim Go to original post
    Does anybody here play Hearthstone? I really want to like this game cause of it's design, style, gameplay, music etc. but I can't stand how I've played about 30 or 40 matches so far and didn't manage to win even a single one..... Hell, I can't even beat the freakin' AI in "Practice mode!" (of all things) to unlock new characters. What's up with that?
    Git gud