Ubi-Enicedia's Avatar Community Manager Ubisoft

UPDATED // Troubleshooting Steps & How to Report a Bug

Hello to you all, lovely agents!

Have you ever encountered a technical issue with the game? Is the app crashing or freezing and generally annoying the hell out of you right this second? Then first, you should try the following:

Facebook Troubleshooting:
    The game is now available on Facebook and we hear some of you are encountering issues during loading.
    To be able to play the game on Facebook, you need to have an up to date version of Adobe Flash Player. Please update your Flash Player through this site: http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash/

Android Troubleshooting:
    Please note the following steps may differ slightly depending on your device.

1- Please make sure your device is updated to the latest firmware.
    You should be able to check for a software update by accessing your phone system settings.
    You may wish to consult your device handbook for further instructions.

2- Please ensure CSI: Hidden Crimes is updated to the latest version.
    Access ‘Google Play Store’
    Go to "Menu" and select ‘My Apps’
    If there is an update available for your app it should be listed here, tap the app to install it.

3- Try restarting your device.
    Hold down the power button and select ‘Restart’

4- Close down any other background apps before accessing the game.
    Access your devices ‘Task Manager’
    Go the ‘Active’ or ‘Running’ tab
    Close down your applications from here.

5- If you've saved your progress by using your Facebook account to login, you can try to clear the data and cache of this app and try accessing it again.
    Access your devices ‘Application’ settings
    Select your app from the list
    Touch ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear Data’

iOS Basic Troubleshooting:
    You can check for a software update by accessing ‘Settings’ > ‘Software Update’.

2- Please ensure your app is updated to the latest version.
    Access the ‘App Store’
    Select ‘Updates’
    If there is a new update available for your app, it will be listed here.

Hold down the power button and follow the ‘slide to power off’ prompt when it appears.

4- Close down the app via the Home screen and restart it.
    Double tap the ‘Home’ button and slide the screen of the app up.

5- Close down any other background apps and restart the app.
    Double tap the ‘Home’ button and slide the screen of the app up. Repeat this process for all running apps.

6- Please ensure you are accessing the app with a full battery.

7- If you've saved your progress using Facebook, try deleting and reinstalling the app.
    From the ‘Home’ screen, hold down the app icon and select the ‘X’ when it appears.
    Reinstall the app from the App Store

If you are encountering connectivity issues, make sure that you are connected to a WiFi network with strong signal. That usually helps with synchronisation and loading.

If the issue persists, you can contact technical support via our support website: Visit https://support.ubi.com/ & head to the CSI: Hidden Crimes section for our FAQs or to ask a question!

If you've made a purchase in-game and still haven't received your items, force close the app by following steps #4 above.
    Re-open the app and press the "Restore Purchase" button in the Settings menu, making sure you are connected to a strong wi-fi signal.

If that doesn't work, try turning your device off & back on.

If all of the above fails to solve your issue, please send me a private message containing:
    1- Your order ID
    2- The email address used for this purchase
    3- A description of the purchase, with date/time of order if possible

Hopefully, you won't have to use these steps. But better safe than sorry!

Energy level

Originally Posted by Ubi-Enicedia Go to original post
    Hello to you all, lovely agents!

Have you ever encountered a technical issue with the game? Is the app crashing or freezing and generally annoying the hell out of you right this second? Then first, you should try the following:

Facebook Troubleshooting:
    The game is now available on Facebook and we hear some of you are encountering issues during loading.
    To be able to play the game on Facebook, you need to have an up to date version of Adobe Flash Player. Please update your Flash Player through this site: http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash/

Android Troubleshooting:
    Please note the following steps may differ slightly depending on your device.

You should be able to check for a software update by accessing your phone system settings.
    You may wish to consult your device handbook for further instructions.

2- Please ensure CSI: Hidden Crimes is updated to the latest version.
    Access ‘Google Play Store’
    Go to "Menu" and select ‘My Apps’
    If there is an update available for your app it should be listed here, tap the app to install it.

Hold down the power button and select ‘Restart’

4- Close down any other background apps before accessing the game.
    Access your devices ‘Task Manager’
    Go the ‘Active’ or ‘Running’ tab
    Close down your applications from here.

5- If you've saved your progress by using your Facebook account to login, you can try to clear the data and cache of this app and try accessing it again.
    Access your devices ‘Application’ settings
    Select your app from the list
    Touch ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear Data’

iOS Basic Troubleshooting:
    You can check for a software update by accessing ‘Settings’ > ‘Software Update’.

2- Please ensure your app is updated to the latest version.
    Access the ‘App Store’
    Select ‘Updates’
    If there is a new update available for your app, it will be listed here.

Hold down the power button and follow the ‘slide to power off’ prompt when it appears.

4- Close down the app via the Home screen and restart it.
    Double tap the ‘Home’ button and slide the screen of the app up.

5- Close down any other background apps and restart the app.
    Double tap the ‘Home’ button and slide the screen of the app up. Repeat this process for all running apps.

6- Please ensure you are accessing the app with a full battery.

7- If you've saved your progress using Facebook, try deleting and reinstalling the app.
    From the ‘Home’ screen, hold down the app icon and select the ‘X’ when it appears.
    Reinstall the app from the App Store

If you are encountering connectivity issues, make sure that you are connected to a WiFi network with strong signal. That usually helps with synchronisation and loading.

If the issue persists, you can contact technical support via our support website: Visit https://support.ubi.com/ & head to the CSI: Hidden Crimes section for our FAQs or to ask a question!

If you've made a purchase in-game and still haven't received your items, force close the app by following steps #4 above.
    Re-open the app and press the "Restore Purchase" button in the Settings menu, making sure you are connected to a strong wi-fi signal.

If that doesn't work, try turning your device off & back on.

If all of the above fails to solve your issue, please send me a private message containing:
    1- Your order ID
    2- The email address used for this purchase
    3- A description of the purchase, with date/time of order if possible

Hopefully, you won't have to use these steps. But better safe than sorry!
    I bought energy and had 110 energy, I then leveled up up and my energy was filled to 80 something and lost the 110 i had purchased. I also cannot set my screen name in the box as it is asking me to do on here

Ubi-Enicedia's Avatar Community Manager Ubisoft
    Hello guest-C9nYajP6,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here.

Sadly, the energy is capped at 80. If you level up just after using an energy item, your energy level will go back to 80. This is a concern that has been raised with the appropriate teams, however there is nothing I can do to help at the moment.

Thank you for your continued support and have a good day.