🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Wasn't the original clue about connecting the dots?

Like if you graphed out the clue (each letter's dashes and dots one letter per line) and then connected the dots it would make a shape?

Yeah, I'm reaching....

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by RoyalSavage Go to original post
    Cake would be cool, but I think we're only at step 1 of...many in this puzzle.
    Actually, you got it. And in my mind there were many steps. You just blew through them faster than I expected. So let me break it down:

The password is the same as Anna Cruise’s.

“Anna Cruise’s” is a homonym for “anacrusis” -- the technical term for a pickup note, or the upbeat. FWIW, Upbeat is the indie label Cake founded.

Entering the password anacrusis to clue.zip reveals a WAV file with Morse code. The Morse code translates to:

prfctforlayringwithoutthndfortortingandardsigndtof itintomostovnsatthsamtimnonsticksurfacnsurscompltr lasandasyclanup

This string of letters is English, albeit “disemvoweled,” with the letter E removed throughout. I wanted to remove all four letters of CAKE but that struck me as a giveaway, so I went with just the most common letter of the alphabet.

Restoring the vowel and punctuation leads you to this:
    perfect for layering without the need for torting and are designed to fit into most ovens at the same time. Nonstick surface ensures complete release and easy cleanup

That is part of a description from a five-piece set of cake pans found at http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1463454/

And you found all of that, working together, amazingly quickly. Well done!

These things are tricky because there are tons of you and one of me, and you are all armed with Google. I want you to win but I want you to enjoy getting there. I always try to build something that is worth your time and fun to solve, but I can't underestimate the power of people working together in large groups. And I did not anticipate the automated morse code translator; I was kind of banking on people working that out more slowly, by ear. Lesson learned -- I will find a different way to make you suffer longer next time.

The "five-piece cake set" is not accidental, either...so feel free to start throwing song guesses around. It's a large pack, but I'm not confirming anything else until Tuesday.

Originally Posted by Cptn_Kangaroo Go to original post
    Cake would be cool as hell, lots of great guitar work but frankly they're a bunch of pretentious *****s and I would be surprised if they allowed their music to be used for a video game.
    That has to be the most judgmental way I've ever seen someone say "Your music is awesome, Cake!"

Originally Posted by RoyalSavage Go to original post
    Cake would be cool, but I think we're only at step 1 of...many in this puzzle.
    Actually, you got it. And in my mind there were many steps. You just blew through them faster than I expected. So let me break it down:

“Anna Cruise’s” is a homonym for “anacrusis” -- the technical term for a pickup note, or the upbeat. FWIW, Upbeat is the indie label Cake founded.

Entering the password anacrusis to clue.zip reveals a WAV file with Morse code. The Morse code translates to:

prfctforlayringwithoutthndfortortingandardsigndtof itintomostovnsatthsamtimnonsticksurfacnsurscompltr lasandasyclanup

This string of letters is English, albeit “disemvoweled,” with the letter E removed throughout. I wanted to remove all four letters of CAKE but that struck me as a giveaway, so I went with just the most common letter of the alphabet.

perfect for layering without the need for torting and are designed to fit into most ovens at the same time. Nonstick surface ensures complete release and easy cleanup

That is part of a description from a five-piece set of cake pans found at http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1463454/

These things are tricky because there are tons of you and one of me, and you are all armed with Google. I want you to win but I want you to enjoy getting there. I always try to build something that is worth your time and fun to solve, but I can't underestimate the power of people working together in large groups. And I did not anticipate the automated morse code translator; I was kind of banking on people working that out more slowly, by ear. Lesson learned -- I will find a different way to make you suffer longer next time.

The "five-piece cake set" is not accidental, either...so feel free to start throwing song guesses around. It's a large pack, but I'm not confirming anything else until Tuesday.

Originally Posted by Cptn_Kangaroo Go to original post
    Cake would be cool as hell, lots of great guitar work but frankly they're a bunch of pretentious *****s and I would be surprised if they allowed their music to be used for a video game.
    That has to be the most judgmental way I've ever seen someone say "Your music is awesome, Cake!"

I like this level of difficulty. It's like an easier version of Deathball's notpron

Originally Posted by Munnchy Go to original post
    Going with the whole "Layer cake" theme, I'll chime in with the Rolling stones. AND MAN WOULD THAT BE SWEET!
    I suspected someone might see a reference to a cake and think Let It Bleed. There's also a bike tire, a film canister, and a clock on that cover, so any reference to vehicles, movies, or time are now obvious.

Originally Posted by Munnchy Go to original post
    Going with the whole "Layer cake" theme, I'll chime in with the Rolling stones. AND MAN WOULD THAT BE SWEET!
    I suspected someone might see a reference to a cake and think Let It Bleed. There's also a bike tire, a film canister, and a clock on that cover, so any reference to vehicles, movies, or time are now obvious.

ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    Well guys, the "Cake" isn't a lie. Predictions:

Going The Distance
    Never There
    Rock N Roll Lifestyle

Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    Well guys, the "Cake" isn't a lie
    Please note I did not go for the easy Portal reference. I went literal, but I just figured this had run its course.

Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    Well guys, the "Cake" isn't a lie
    Please note I did not go for the easy Portal reference. I went literal, but I just figured this had run its course.

slabossiere's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post

Um, yeah... that's, um, exactly how I pieced it all together! I just didn't show my work...

Or was it the pictures of cakes on some google results that just made me think "Cake!". We'll probably never know...

Gotta say, this is going to be awesome DLC! Hope it's a 5 pack.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Just ... wow!

I know where to come if I need a riddle solved.

Good work, everyone!

I wanna girl with short skirt and her owwwwwnnnn copy of rocksmith

AWESOME NEWS!

With the exception of Short Skirt/Long Jacket I don't really know any Cake post Fashion Nugget (which was an old favourite of mine back in the late 90's). I guess that The Distance and I Will Survive are highly likely.