Just been looking around on the Luft '46 site and wow, the number of unconventional designs the German's had on the drawing board is quite incredible.

I for one would like to see a future expansion pack for BoB bringing some of these designs to reality. Perhaps a pack similar to the Ace Expansion Pack of FB with around ten or fifteen varied designs.

I can imagine the problems associated with designing the flight models for aircraft that never flew and also the problem of people accepting these aircraft online, but look at FB, it has done it to a large extent already with the "UFO's" we currently have in the game, so I think its a viable idea.

What do people think?

-Ok, before you say it sux, look at my following post, because I didnt explain myself well in this one

[This message was edited by hughlb2 on Sat June 19 2004 at 03:13 AM.]

Just been looking around on the Luft '46 site and wow, the number of unconventional designs the German's had on the drawing board is quite incredible.

I for one would like to see a future expansion pack for BoB bringing some of these designs to reality. Perhaps a pack similar to the Ace Expansion Pack of FB with around ten or fifteen varied designs.

I can imagine the problems associated with designing the flight models for aircraft that never flew and also the problem of people accepting these aircraft online, but look at FB, it has done it to a large extent already with the "UFO's" we currently have in the game, so I think its a viable idea.

What do people think?

-Ok, before you say it sux, look at my following post, because I didnt explain myself well in this one

[This message was edited by hughlb2 on Sat June 19 2004 at 03:13 AM.]

WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd rather have real planes that really flew and made a contribution first.

Wolfgaming.net. Where the Gameplay is teamplay

A thousand times no!

Not in the BoB.

ASM 1's Avatar Senior Member
    it would make no sense to have such a thing in BOB.... or rather given the timeframe of BOB - 40 -41 it wouldnt make any sense, whereas in FB, the end of the war is covered if you like, so these "Luft '46" are perhaps more viable - and are in their proper context.

An ME 262 in 1941? Pullease

S!

Andrew

I think the word "overmodelled" would be.......well,overmodelled in this forum.(if itâ´s not already is? )

Dunkelgrun's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hughlb2:

What do people think?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BoB = Battle of Britain 1940.
    Why would Luft46 be added to that?

Oleg has said that the game engine for BoB will be used for further expansion, but if it is to be done logically there is so much more to come first, e.g. the Med.

www.nightbomber.com

Dunkelgrun aka 242Sqn_Cat

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    I really think Oleg & Co. will begin with BoB and then move forwards, chronologically, through WWII, with Med, East Front, Pacific, and European Air War expansions using the BoB engine. The BoB will just be the begining of a great series of WWII flight sims. I understand there's a Poland '39 add-on in developement (a prequel!) and have heard rumours of some blitzkrieg in the west type add-on in development too. Maybe after all that there'll be a Luft '46, in half a decade or so from now, lots of great stuff to look forward to for all our wives, I'm sure.

I think I'll need a bigger computer.

OH Please god NO......

Ok, perhaps I should explain myself a little better.

Basically I could have said I would like to see an entirely new game based around end-of-war aircraft and perhaps I should have, I chose to say "expansion pack" because this seemed a more realistic way of making this idea happen in light of the fact I doubt Oleg will ever make an entirely new game around aircraft that never flew.

Obviously I agree that it would f*ck up BoB if they tried to combine the two. I also agree that addons featuring the Med/North Africa would be vitally important to the game and should be of primary focus.

I just felt that since 1C is the best and really only combat flight sim developer of late and BoB is there next game, an expansion pack would be the easiest and quickest way of getting us into the cockpit of these aircraft.

I can see how the idea sux as an addon and a standalone game would be preferable, I hope you can see where i'm comming from now.