🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager

Watch_Dogs - 101 trailer [May contain spoilers!]

Check out the ultimate Watch Dogs preview and see how to hack the city to make it your weapon.

Learn everything you need to know about the game that defines next gen.

[Warning May contain spoilers about features and game modes!]

GenialityOfEvil's Avatar Senior Member
    I wish they'd give us a way to download these trailers. Youtube wipes the buffer any time you try to move through the timeline which makes scrubbing through it very difficult. Also the compression is gack.

Oh WOOOW!!!! Lots more stuff to do then i initially thought. People who said the game would last 35-40 hours were sooo wrong, heck i might end up breaking my record with this game because for the first time multiplayer seems interesting to me.

Can"t freakin wait for this game.

Originally Posted by fishers1989 Go to original post
    I wish they'd give us a way to download these trailers. Youtube wipes the buffer any time you try to move through the timeline which makes scrubbing through it very difficult. Also the compression is gack.
    use "internet download manager". it's te best.

anyways, wonderful trailer. lots of new info. im loving it.

only issue i have is the many times where the frame rate dropped so severely. i hope this isnt the case with the final game.

Originally Posted by topeira1980 Go to original post
    only issue i have is the many times where the frame rate dropped so severely. i hope this isnt the case with the final game.
    Compression and youtube - can sometimes make things a little jerky..

And flat. I've noticed a considerable difference in trailers I've downloaded from gaming sites and the same trailers featured on Youtube. The surfaces tend to look very flat and blurred.

Originally Posted by Mr_Shade Go to original post
    Compression and youtube - can sometimes make things a little jerky..
    i dont believe that. are you telling me the video was completely smooth originally and then youtube's algorythem, somehow understands when a shot ends and a new one begins and selectively chose a few shots to decrease their FPS only to bump it up the next shot?
    not likely.

i do believe and assume the fps will be more steady in the final game, but it's still weird to release a trailer that looks SO good with such horrible low fps moments to a community that it so judgmental about fps in their games....

dragoy's Avatar Senior Member
    OOOOOOO think im going to have to dust off my stearing wheel and peddles, please tell me watch dog supports them.

Youtube only runs at 30fps so if the video was rendered at a different frame rate then Youtube will try its best to convert the clip to the slower speed without losing information, but that means clips with faster motion will seem to jump more than slower ones.

If you've ever played Skyrim with an intensive ENB, that cuts your frame rate down to about 30-40 fps, you can actually flick ENB on and off and see the difference in frame rate as it goes from 60 to 30 and back up to 60. It's like it suddenly enters slow-mo.

Originally Posted by topeira1980 Go to original post
    i dont believe that. are you telling me the video was completely smooth originally and then youtube's algorythem, somehow understands when a shot ends and a new one begins and selectively chose a few shots to decrease their FPS only to bump it up the next shot?
    not likely.

i do believe and assume the fps will be more steady in the final game, but it's still weird to release a trailer that looks SO good with such horrible low fps moments to a community that it so judgmental about fps in their games....
    It's happened in the past with many other videos - and I'm not only talking about Watch_Dogs - however I will leave you to your own ideas, since it appears you know more than I do

Originally Posted by fishers1989 Go to original post
    Youtube only runs at 30fps so if the video was rendered at a different frame rate then Youtube will try its best to convert the clip to the slower speed without losing information, but that means clips with faster motion will seem to jump more than slower ones.
    And that - was my personal understanding of it

It has to drop frames to hit 30 fps - if the source was higher than that [and gameplay may be] then it goes jerky..

In game cinematic, may have been running at 30 fps - so they appear smoother...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►