Open Letter

Dear JasonParadise, Developers and Players,
    I would like to talk about fair competition, which Road to Paris 2014 should be. However before I do so, let me properly introduce myself - I'm L4m4B4l0n1k, known mostly as deckbuilder, streamer and blogger and what is the most important part of all of those - participant of Golden Cup in Road to Paris 2014. We should ask ourselves, if players taking unfair advantages of bugged cards should be able to compete in such event like World Championship. As we all know Ur-Jubaal's Call is bugged, it can be used against the way it was designed, many players abused that fact in previous month in order to qualify to Silver/Gold Cup taking those limited slots, which they didn't deserved unlike few fair players who haven't qualifed because of that. I believe there is still time to make Road to Paris 2014 fair competition and disqualify players who taken unfair advantages during Cup qualification period and replace them by next in standings. However I would like to notice: I will not take part in Road to Paris 2014 if nothing will be done in this case and any other Road to Somewhere in future, I guess few other players may do the same.

best regards
    L4m4B4l0n1k

Durajczyk's Avatar Senior Member
    +1
    No mercy for abusers

I agree with l4m4 in this case!

There should be no mercy for people abusing cards even though it is not their fault they are bugged.
    People abusing bugs know that they are doing it - so imo there can't be any good reason or argument to do so. I don't even know how people can feel comfortable while continuing abusing bugs.

Playing unfair should result in disqualification right away that's for sure. Just like in any other sport.
    We want justice!!!

Signed with own blood
    Nillicomes

i disagree, they are playing the games the way it allow them to do, without using another program to cheat it.

if you want to complain, complain about ubisoft taking months to deal with little bug like those, or to ban the card that bug.

btw dont even know what is the bug you are talking about and dont want to know it , either will spread like flu

they removed immediatly the bug with the u/c hon cards..i bet 98% used that bug...this bug will take a patch maybe..to be fixed..like always..all the game is bugged..r2p system is bugged as well

malkorion's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by bambikitkat Go to original post
    i disagree, they are playing the games the way it allow them to do, without using another program to cheat it.

if you want to complain, complain about ubisoft taking months to deal with little bug like those, or to ban the card that bug.

btw dont even know what is the bug you are talking about and dont want to know it , either will spread like flu
    Are you saying that people abusing bugs to gain the upped hand is ok?

Agree with L4m4 and Nillicomes. Players abusing bugs should be banned from R2P. No mercy for abusers!

I would go further than that and propose that we cancel the whole r2Paris tournament.

Not because of bugs or exploits, but rather to focus on things that are much more important to this game than r2P.
    Since resources dev team has are apparently very limited (maybe not their fault), I would think that balancing, bug fixing, marketing and overall accessibility of the game should come first.
    Once you have healthy number of players, than you spend what extra energy you have on organizing tournaments such as this one.
    If you want DoC as E-sport, this is a wrong way to do it.
    If you want r2P to attract new players, then you got the whole thing backwards.

If things don't change, Eiffel tower could become the place where last game of DoC is played. Hopefully Nillicomes wins.

Seriously...What did you expect? That it will ever change? Since I can remember a minimum of one card or combo was obviously broken and exploitable. The only thing they ever fixed fast was Crag'Hack...and 'fast' was still a few days, where serious games would introduce an emergency maintenance a maximum of 1 hour after it was revealed ;-)

The `MMDoC-Team just don't care, and they never will.

But I'm sure in ~August it will be fixed (and replaced with the next big bug), so don't worry.

jkk89's Avatar First 1700 ELO! Hooah!
    I would also want some formal explanation on what happened at bronze tournament and if they will change this ****ty system before silver and gold or if they are planning to do nothing and let buggy algorithm to pick winners. + This whole single-elimination bo1 tournament system is like the worst idea for the tournament, cause is just random and nothing more. Just take me to Paris cause I am "probably the best ladder player bla bla bla" (according to Owl, the famous commentator of Your game) and I will be quiet.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►