in that case https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...byJmnAkYY/edit this might be easier and will immediatly look "natural"

it has the downside that its not very easy to adjust afterwards because everything in the chain that commes after the adjustment will be affected
    besides that its pretty easy to add stuff to and changing directions, but harder to lead to specific locations

dasraizer's Avatar Senior Member
    from a page back, moving an object along a curved path is quite simple:-

use 3 dummy objects for positions A B C
    A is the start point of your animation line, this is the start dummy objects position
    B is a curve control point, this dummy objects position creates the curve amount
    C is the end point of your animation line, another dummy objects position

3 curved data sources set up
    inside the the 1st curved data source, point the start to A and the end to B
    the 2nd point the start to B and end to C
    the 3rd is where the magic happens, point the start to the 1st curved source (A->B) and the end to the second (B->C) with all the timings set the same (length+duration) you will create and curved line from A->C

point the OPE XYZ (not local) to the 3rd curved data source.

it is also doable to add an extra control point in the curve, this helps when you have many point paths to follow.

IImayneII's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah from what you want to achieve it looks like it might be easier with local movement and turning the object while it moves forward. I think the link sparkierjonesz gave you would be the easiest setup for that. Maybe I'll try a basic setup of what you want to do later tonight and post it here. But from what I see that link explains it pretty good. Only problem I can see with the setup is it might become rather complex when you want to do alot of movements like up/down too. But then again, what I said will make it not that easy either, but like on my setup, if you can make a function out of the arc you want it shouldn't be that difficult either to adjust the numbers to that.

dasraizer's Avatar Senior Member
    what about a plane on a string method? using a glue object and 2xdummy objects to create the line part of the path... hmm explaining much badness

object O-----+ O=object +=glue

path A-----B

1) start at A and move to B
    2) at B rotate 180
    3) move back to A
    4) rotate 180, rinse repeat
    this could use local and global, save calculating angles etc

IImayneII's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dasraizer Go to original post
    what about a plane on a string method? using a glue object and 2xdummy objects to create the line part of the path... hmm explaining much badness

object O-----+ O=object +=glue

path A-----B

1) start at A and move to B
    2) at B rotate 180
    3) move back to A
    4) rotate 180, rinse repeat
    this could use local and global, save calculating angles etc
    This will actually be alot easier to set up. I don't think you need to rotate at a specific point tough. You can probably move it globally from A-B and then simultaneously rotate the object locally 360 degrees with the time to move from A-B-A the same as rotating 360 degrees.