The University Of Trials - Trials Riding Techniques And Track Tutorials

A few forum members suggested that I make a thread to highlight the videos i've been producing for Trials Fusion and to introduce any newer forum members to the University of Trials. I've been working for the past few years on riding tutorials to help riders overcome some of the crazy obstacles and techniques in this game. I don't want to spam this forum with countless links so this single thread will be where I post everything I've been working on as a resource for newer riders.

The simplest way to see everything is to subscribe to the University of Trials YouTube channel. I have also included a sample video from each section and the headings in bold are all links to the stated playlists. I included the playlists as some of the videos are hosted on the Ubisoft channel as opposed to my own.

Below is a short description and links to all of my videos.

University of Trials - Semester 1

This was filmed in 2013 and was made using Trials Evolution but the techniques I taught are still very much useful for Trials Fusion. There is ordinarily 2-3 riding techniques in each class, progressing in difficulty as the semester progresses. I also got to go to E3 and PAX Australia and included some of that footage also.

University of Trials - Trials Fusion

I have worked with Redlyynx to produce 3 videos that explain this game to new players. With the multi-platform release, there are going to be heaps of people that have never seen the game before and this series was designed for them.

University of Trials - Informal Lessons

As the name suggests, these lessons are recorded in a more informal setting as opposed to the videos above however, these will in fact contain all of the more detailed riding techniques. I've already made videos on Inferno IV, Frostbite and Rock of Rages, the Inferno IV challenge with no bike and also the Top Roach challenge. I'm far from the best rider around these parts, but I really enjoy discussing riding techniques and teaching newer players what I've learned over the past 5 years. I've also got a HUGE amount from this community and Redlynx so I guess it's my way of giving back.

The informal lessons are an ongoing series I am producing and uploading fairly frequently. I really encourage discussion and take requests from viewers. I'm really pleased that the comments are also a helpful place to discuss and share experiences, good and bad and look forward to more of you checking them out.

My contact details are all over the videos and I always welcome feedback.

RetiredRonin's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Moved to video section.

Defoliator's Avatar Senior Member
    Bloody hell, that really backfired.

At least it's up now and stickied in the video section. Looking forward to more episodes mate.

Originally Posted by Defoliator Go to original post
    Bloody hell, that really backfired.

At least it's up now and stickied in the video section. Looking forward to more episodes mate.
    At least I tried. Thanks again for the suggestions though, I've been meaning to put something together.

I figured newer players would be more inclined to stop by General Discussion before they hop into videos... but *shrug*

Here is good... I guess. Less stickies to compete with, so it stands out a bit more.

Strange that Vantier's FMX video tuts get to remain in General Discussion though... (insert old forum devil guy for instigating drama, sorry) I understand there's a bit of a "write up" there too.

And Shady don't be too modest on how helpful these videos are. I'd like to urge you to put a link to your YouTube in your sig to increase awareness. (the last I ask I swear)

I have friends who don't play anymore because they hit a wall and think they personally can't do better. These guys never even finished an extreme. I assume they aren't alone.

princessfran's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by IFTHISTHENTHAT Go to original post
    because they hit a wall and think they personally can't do better. These guys never even finished an extreme. I assume they aren't alone.
    Well...Uhmm, I haven't stop but you've hit a spot there for sure!
    I'm one of those who think that I can't do any better BUT...still trying...and trying...and trying (untill I get to the point that the frustration gets too high and that's the moment I quit that (extreem) level.
    Those vids are really helpfull, especially the ones that give a real good detailed explanation how to overcome a certain obstical and therefore I beg you to keep posting them.
    It made me go further in the game!! (and I hope it will do the same for many others.

Makes me btw wonder if they should create also short tutorial video's how to create certain things and their physics (I know there is Twitch, been there already and will look at those broadcastings more but my god...they fly through the menu and therefore not to follow

Cheers,
    Frances