• Naval boarding

9 20.00%
  • Delivery requests

2 4.44%
  • Races

5 11.11%
  • Upgrading your villa/Homestead

11 24.44%
  • Mini-games (Fanorona, Nine Men's Morris etc.)

4 8.89%
  • Hunting/harpooning

10 22.22%
  • Other

8 17.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member

Favorite side mission types

What are your favorite types of side missions in AC?

Assassination contracts can be a bit hit and miss for me, but I always enjoy destroying towers or doing plantation raids. So many ways to approach those, and getting to your goal is so satisfying. I also enjoy tombs, at least with the AC1-ACR control scheme. AC3 had a few good locations, but the parkour wasn't as exciting.

I don't miss races or deliveries at all. Naval boarding was a lot of fun for one game, but I don't want it to return.

BATISTABUS's Avatar AC Expert
    I like a number of these, but I like tombs so much more that I decided to only vote for that.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd have to say towers. I enjoy them a lot because it's kind of a mini-sandbox where you can use all the mechanics at your disposal in a variety of ways - sort of like a stage where you can see the mechanics in the limelight - at their best. Something which was lacking in the series actual mission structure for a while until AC4 brought back a great deal of freedom to it's main campaign. These would be doubly fun with an improved, revamped stealth system. And combat, for those who choose to play that way.

GunnerGalactico's Avatar Senior Member
    My favourite side mission is exploring tombs, especially in AC2 and Revelations.

My second favourite is Naval boarding.

oliacr's Avatar Senior Member
    First is gotta be the tombs, miss those now. Second is naval.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    I wonder if anyone will pick board games lol

I voted for tombs, tower/plantation and naval boarding.

Tower/Plantation is the sidemission type that is in every Ubi game these days and I don't mind. It's basically an open playground for the stealth mechanics of the game. Since those changes the mission type can be around forever and still feel fresh (with some variety in objectives).

I have enjoyed the visual presentation of the tombs, but not always the execution. They are Prince Of Persia like sequences, but AC just doesn't have as enjoyable parkour, so they have felt a little flat gameplay wise. I also dislike when they add guards to the tomb missions for the most part as I feel that is missing the point. A more interactive parkour system would lift this mission type to new heights.

Naval boarding is just spectacular and I would guess it's the greatest technical feat of the franchise.

• Assassination missions are okey, but they are a little too barebone in their current form imo. I liked the ones taking place on islands as there was quite a few guards you needed to pass before you got to the target. Some of them are just weird because you are within pistol range form the target even when you are outside the restricted area.
    • Delivery requests are junk content that shouldn't be accepted by the producer imo.
    • Races/couriers relies on a parkour system that again isn't all that exciting in terms of running fast. The presentation has also been kind of lacking as they feel super gamey. Meh.
    • Upgrading the Homestead/Villa: I dunno, not my thing I suppose. I think they had some neat ideas in AC3 but it was let down by a clumsy interface and an aimless economy.
    • Board games: This is something I really like and I think it's a great way to connect with the era. It's cool that a game from 2012 can include games that are hundreds of years old. I had never played three of the games in AC3 and it was fun to learn them. I hope Unity will feature some card/board games that were played in France around 1789!

I-Like-Pie45's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    I wonder if anyone will pick board games lol
    done

SpiritOfNevaeh's Avatar Senior Member
    Assassination contracts, Tombs, Liberation missions, Fort liberations, Naval was ok, Delivery requests (Too bad it bugged too much for me on AC3 - the only thing that kept me from getting 100% X_X), Upgrading your villa/Homestead was interesting, I LOVE Nine Men's Morris, Hunting was a nice changing of atmosphere

Originally Posted by I-Like-Pie45 Go to original post
    done

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last ►►