University of Trials - Informal Lessons

Hi guys,

You may or not know that I a have had a few videos published recently on the Ubisoft Channel that go by the name University of Trials. I made a series last year for Trials Evo and I am back again making new content for Trials Fusion.

My channel has a playlist for all of the prior formal UoT classes but this time around I thought I'd also offer some informal lessons. Some of these are platinum attempts, some are challenges and some are even me responding directly to people who tell me they beat my time on a leaderboard! It's all for a bit of fun so if you want to see more of them, subscribe and let me know what you want to see next.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ScXRzR7kQkAsTR

All of my details are in the videos so hit me up with any requests.

Awesome FatShady!

This is great material, I really like the idea of "informal lessons."

Ive notice on some of the harder tracks people tend to land on obstacles with their front wheel and their back wheel off the edge and they some how manage to pull the backwheel up im unsure of this technique wonder if anyone would be able to help or if you have a video on this.

xzamplez's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Jammy_Warris Go to original post
    Ive notice on some of the harder tracks people tend to land on obstacles with their front wheel and their back wheel off the edge and they some how manage to pull the backwheel up im unsure of this technique wonder if anyone would be able to help or if you have a video on this.
    Pretty sure I know what you're referring to. Once you have your front tire on a surface, hold the gas and tap the brake rapidly while holding your weight forward. The faster you tap brake, the faster you will lift your rear tire.

The same technique is also used to do a front flip in mid-air quicker.

I just saw that Class 3 is up on the Ubisoft youtube page but no current updates of them here (on the forums).

Is there not a main thread here reserved for these videos?

Gotta say, my heart was warmed by the subtle shout out to our own dear CM Shifty.

Originally Posted by IFTHISTHENTHAT Go to original post
    I just saw that Class 3 is up on the Ubisoft youtube page but no current updates of them here (on the forums).

Is there not a main thread here reserved for these videos?

Gotta say, my heart was warmed by the subtle shout out to our own dear CM Shifty.
    I didn't create one specifically for them and it seems neither did the RL guys. They were more for newer players and I doubt many people on here would have got anything frmo them ??? They were hard work but I am really proud of how they turned out (quality of video, lighting, voice and editing.. Im still learning so it was another good experience for me.

^^^ Then I ask:

How are the new players supposed to find these?

In addition:

Are these forums exclusively full of only old and experienced players?

You're work on these vids is fantastic and they should be promoted not in the video section, but in general discussion, with a sticky.

I ask this not only of you, but RedLynx and Ubisoft. They have you on their YouTube page, they need you here too, where the players come for help.

Defoliator's Avatar Senior Member
    Hey Fatshady, great to see you back in business! Came here to say pretty much the same thing as IFTHIS. Only saw your new series on Facebook as I recently liked the Trials page. You definitely should have a thread with the episodes in General Discussion like you did for the Evo series.

Keep up the good work my man!

Also, OMG I HATE THOSE GORRAMN BARRELS ON INFERNO 4! Man, I thought I hated those pipes on The Great Fire, but me and those pipes are pretty much in love compared to how I feel about those barrels. Was so happy when I saw the timesaver that skipped that bit, but unfortunately it looks like only about 4 people on the planet can hit it right.

OK I'll make a thread. Just been busy with everything else but its a fair point guys. I'll sort something out soon.

EDIT: Just created the thread here.

Spent a bit of time getting the formatting right so hopefully it works. I can ask for a sticky if you think it's worthwhile? Thanks for the suggestions.