1. #481
    Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Waterloo, Belgium
    Posts
    4,496
    Originally Posted by RSDAVE Go to original post
    Thanks... Never heard of them.
    Me, too, but some folks are excited. Not my cup o' tea.
    Share this post

  2. #482
    Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Waterloo, Belgium
    Posts
    4,496
    Originally Posted by Dmonster4 Go to original post
    I'm just saying that what the DLC has been for the past few weeks has been shockingly bad IMO. I know that what I necessarily want isn't necessarily what I'm going to get but then I'm not going to be grateful/happy for DLC that I don't like/want.
    The problem is using words like "good" and "bad" to describe the music. "I don't like it" != "It's bad music." You certainly don't need to applaud it, but saying it's bad is just obnoxious. Just say, "I don't like it and I'd rather have some of that post-accordion steamcore all the kids are talking about." That way we can all have our opinions about what rocks without insulting others.
    Share this post

  3. #483
    Dmonster4's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    136
    Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana Go to original post
    The problem is using words like "good" and "bad" to describe the music. "I don't like it" != "It's bad music." You certainly don't need to applaud it, but saying it's bad is just obnoxious. Just say, "I don't like it and I'd rather have some of that post-accordion steamcore all the kids are talking about." That way we can all have our opinions about what rocks without insulting others.
    I use the words "good" and "bad" because that's my opinion. I'd rather have some Classic Rock instead of this. And if any music that "the kids are talking about" makes it onto RS, I will drop RS faster than Lindsay Lohan knocks back some smack. Also, I'm not going to insult anyone intentionally. And if I insult anyone through saying that certain types of DLC are bad, then they are far too sensitive.
    Share this post

  4. #484

    Originally Posted by Steamroller52 Go to original post
    From Paul Cross on twitter just a few minutes ago:

    Paul Cross ‏@crossieRS 23m
    Tomorrow we have 4 songs from Alter Bridge. BRTTTBI. #rocksmith2014 #DLC

    My guess is that BRTTTBI stands for:

    Blackbird
    Rise Today
    Ties That Bind
    Isolation

    This will be a great pack!
    Isolation....oh hell yes....
    Share this post

  5. #485
    Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Waterloo, Belgium
    Posts
    4,496
    I use the words "good" and "bad" because that's my opinion. I'd rather have some Classic Rock instead of this. And if any music that "the kids are talking about" makes it onto RS, I will drop RS faster than Lindsay Lohan knocks back some smack. Also, I'm not going to insult anyone intentionally. And if I insult anyone through saying that certain types of DLC are bad, then they are far too sensitive.


    Yeah, because there's no reason to be insulted when you say your music is good and everyone else's is bad...makes total sense.
    Share this post

  6. #486
    Ezios_Axe's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    888
    If anything RS has done for me the last few years is expand my appreciation for music I wouldn't have previously gotten into. Even if I don't buy a DLC pack I can almost always say hey that's great. I know people will really dig that choice. Judging something as good or bad for something other than your own music collection is just being unnecessarily judgmental.
    Share this post

  7. #487
    Originally Posted by Dmonster4 Go to original post
    I use the words "good" and "bad" because that's my opinion. I'd rather have some Classic Rock instead of this. And if any music that "the kids are talking about" makes it onto RS, I will drop RS faster than Lindsay Lohan knocks back some smack. Also, I'm not going to insult anyone intentionally. And if I insult anyone through saying that certain types of DLC are bad, then they are far too sensitive.
    Kids are talking about....well thank you!!! I saw Alter Bridge live earlier this month and the audience was full of people my age and older. btw - Im over 40 and so are the band members of Alter Bridge. Classic Rock covers a huge range...and remember the definition moves as you get older.
    Share this post

  8. #488
    Dmonster4's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    136

    Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana Go to original post
    [/COLOR]

    Yeah, because there's no reason to be insulted when you say your music is good and everyone else's is bad...makes total sense.
    This is in my opinion. I'm not the Oracle of Music. No need to care what I say because I don't care what anyone else's taste in music is. I just want DLC that I like. Unlike this DLC, which I dislike.
    Share this post

  9. #489
    Dmonster4's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    136
    Originally Posted by Akace11 Go to original post
    Kids are talking about....well thank you!!! I saw Alter Bridge live earlier this month and the audience was full of people my age and older. btw - Im over 40 and so are the band members of Alter Bridge. Classic Rock covers a huge range...and remember the definition moves as you get older.
    I meant that if any music from these days make it onto RS, then I'm dropping it. I wasn't attacking people who are older than me. I just want Classic Rock from the 60's, 70's, 80's. I'm a fan of Metal too but more like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.
    Share this post

  10. #490
    Brick235's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,679
    I was originally pretty "meh" over Blackbird but after listening to the other tracks, I think I'll pick this up. I will probably never buy an album to listen to but there's some good guitaring to play along to. Ties That Bind rocks pretty hard.
    Share this post