🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Enjoyed the clue trail, happy with the DLC, ready for more!

Just want to go on record to say I really like the bread crumb trail of clues that trickle out weekly. It adds another dimension of interest for the game. I work from home and by Friday afternoons I'm just about bouncing off the walls for something interesting that keeps me at the desk. I have yet to get an answer to these clues correct... but I still like the hunt.

I'm happy with the DLC choice this week. I'm curious how they'll play. I've been very surprised... some of the stuff I love to listen to is the most frustrating to try to play, and some of the music I'd never sit through on the radio is all kinds of fun to play. So for me, I'm 'in' on every DLC. The way I see it... enough people spend money on it, the more they'll be able to make. Eventually they'll make something that satisfies the HImalayan Polka Thrash Metal niche crowd too.

Ezios_Axe's Avatar Senior Member
    I hope so. I have been working on the solo for Yeti Rampage for years and could use some help. lol

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ezios_Axe Go to original post
    I hope so. I have been working on the solo for Yeti Rampage for years and could use some help. lol
    You have that song too!?!? Dude, remember when the drums do that thing during that part right after the guitar does that thing with the singer?

Originally Posted by PRS_Rocker Go to original post
    You have that song too!?!? Dude, remember when the drums do that thing during that part right after the guitar does that thing with the singer?

"That was great."

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Thanks for the feedback on the clues and stuff. I will attempt to keep that going. I have some ideas for next week's DLC (spoiler alert: We are planning more DLC for Tuesday, May 6). I just want folks to have fun while they talk about what is, what isn't, and what may be.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Thanks for the feedback on the clues and stuff. I will attempt to keep that going. I have some ideas for next week's DLC (spoiler alert: We are planning more DLC for Tuesday, May 6). I just want folks to have fun while they talk about what is, what isn't, and what may be.

Thanks Dan. Can you comment on how much longer we are going to get weekly DLC? Is that going to continue through the summer months?

Notice that I'm not asking when I'll see any of my requests - lol

Duggle-SD's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    I have some ideas for next week's DLC (spoiler alert: We are planning more DLC for Tuesday, May 6). I just want folks to have fun while they talk about what is, what isn't, and what may be.
    Solved!!!!!!!!

rapplebee's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Thanks very much for last weeks clue(s). Even though I did not contribute, it was great fun following along. I will probably have to get this pack so that I can have something to stay humble as I, slowly but surely, get better at the easier ones.

Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dougoberle Go to original post
    Very true.

Rolling Stone listed Joan Jett higher than Randy Rhodes on a list of the 100 best guitar players of all time. Now, I like Joan Jett, but these kinds of polls don't represent much other than the mood of the pollsters at a very specific time. This makes the qualifier "of all time" completely nonsensical.

As a fun exercise, see where these chaps in Alterbridge rank in the Rolling Stone list.

But it is nice validation when you find that a band that you really like is honored with a high poll ranking. Enjoy the feeling while the band is around...we will see if they stand the test of time. (A strange statement for me, because I wasn't even aware of their existence before this thread).
    Year before last, wasn't there a curated list by a music magazine that listed Skrillex as the best guitarist of all time or something? I think that proves the veracity of these things.

Edit: Correction--Spin listed him as the #100 best guitarist of all time. Sonic Youth was #1, of all things.

Ezios_Axe's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by PRS_Rocker Go to original post
    Yeah right after the bagpipe solo.