Probably not a purchase for me ... still on the fence though. Not a band I enjoy or listen to. Likely to be far above my skill level as well. But I'll wait till i get a chance to listen to all the songs in the pack.

I will say, even if I don't buy it, AB definitely fits the profile of the types of bands/music that RS should be going after far more than 70% of the DLC we've seen in 2014 (my opinion obviously).

As for the hunt. Thank you Dan! Had a ton of fun following the bread crumbs. Spent more time on these forums in 2 days, following and contributing (poorly), than I have in the last 2 years combined. I generally was lost during the process. Took the wrong fork in the road almost every time in my hunches. But it led me many interesting facts and stories. I actually learned some stuff along the trip! Yeah it was tough. Often times it was only one or two people who understood the clues and had the knowledge/tools/abilities to discern them to take us to the next step. But I thoroughly enjoyed it! I enjoyed it so much I won't even moan and groan this week if I don't buy yet another weekly pack! And in all honesty, I'm probably looking forward to next weeks clues more than the actual DLC that will be available!

RichTheMighty's Avatar Member
    Super enjoyed that, thanks Dan.

Never heard of Alter Bridge but listening now and this sounds like something fun to play.

Originally Posted by MoldyRhyme94061 Go to original post
    I don't know any alter bridge. What are songs I should check out that would be in the pack?
    Rise Today
    Isolation
    Addicted to Pain

Originally Posted by jagaroth40 Go to original post
    I was very happy when Ox1a4toke extracted the picture.
    Man, when I tried that, I was thinking there is no way this is gonna work, loaded the pic and a password box pops up. I type in rocksmith for the password, and it pops up asking me where to save alsoaclue.jpg I have to admit I was pretty stoked. I'm sure someone here would have got it if I didn't though. Y'all are clever enough. As I said earlier, I often lurk because I don't have anything to offer with where you guys go on most of these clues. Hell I was lost on the last pic... I'm a geek... ;-). I never would have got Alter Bridge, even with more hints. I just don't really know them. That part of the puzzle just happened to click for me. Cheers for getting the rest all!

Originally Posted by as_uninvited Go to original post
    Probably not a purchase for me ... still on the fence though. Not a band I enjoy or listen to. Likely to be far above my skill level as well. But I'll wait till i get a chance to listen to all the songs in the pack.

I will say, even if I don't buy it, AB definitely fits the profile of the types of bands/music that RS should be going after far more than 70% of the DLC we've seen in 2014 (my opinion obviously).

As for the hunt. Thank you Dan! Had a ton of fun following the bread crumbs. Spent more time on these forums in 2 days, following and contributing (poorly), than I have in the last 2 years combined. I generally was lost during the process. Took the wrong fork in the road almost every time in my hunches. But it led me many interesting facts and stories. I actually learned some stuff along the trip! Yeah it was tough. Often times it was only one or two people who understood the clues and had the knowledge/tools/abilities to discern them to take us to the next step. But I thoroughly enjoyed it! I enjoyed it so much I won't even moan and groan this week if I don't buy yet another weekly pack! And in all honesty, I'm probably looking forward to next weeks clues more than the actual DLC that will be available!
    Well, there is this

Nice username

I really thought that at least ONE person would take notice that just before Dan, I posted a picture of the Firebird Trans Am's phoenix. Ressemblance is kinda crazy, it's almost the same bird!

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Thanks for playing along. I hope people enjoyed the chase. I know it was hard, maybe a bit too hard; I will adjust my clues going forward and strive to give you things that are tricky but satisfying to figure out, and ultimately solvable. This week is sort of a calibration week. But I wanted to do something that was a little more in-depth just to see how everybody would react. Everybody worked together and certainly rose to the challenge!

Fun? Not fun? Let me know.

Dan
    This was a lot of fun, even though the image wankery was outside my wheelhouse. I think mixing it up with different types of clues/challenges is the way to go, since it gives everyone a chance to jump in where they feel comfortable. It's also great to have you hanging around, dropping new clues and feeding into the excitement.

Originally Posted by Dmonster4 Go to original post
    The puzzles and cryptic messages were great! Spent all my free time (and work time) looking at this thread! Hoping for more of this!
    Just a shame about the limp ending.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    This. *sigh*

Originally Posted by Gabivad Go to original post
    That reminded me of something... So I searched on Paul Cross' twitter and...

Maybe it's coming this week!
    Yay that's me!!! I'm finally getting Alter Bridge

I have to go along with two crowds. The first being that it was far and away the most challenging/interesting series of clues. From the embedded info to the blowfish code, that was creative past anything I've seen. Truly, while it was beyond me, it was cool. The effort was apparent from both the number of posts and the drawing out of some new-ish posters taking on the task.

The second crowd I fall under is, who? I'm certainly not the touchstone of popular bands with a following that have had multiple albums. At least as far as this genre goes. From what I've listened to on the tube, they're not for me. That's not to disparage the band or anyone's desire for them. Good for all of the fans of the band. I might even pick up a song or two, depending, but I doubt it. Not that I matter in the least.

I guess my main point was for all the DLC hints we've gotten this had no peer. Well done. Enjoy your band, fans, for those of you that do. But this was obviously a big win for Dan. Well done. I'd suggest more of this kind of clue going forward.