🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    b_lex's Avatar Member
    Dan this was incredibly fun and also for my most anticipated dlc... I've never been so excited for a dlc yet. Myles Kennedy and Tremonti are awesome.
    Cheers to the fun ride- I'm thrilled Blackbird is one of the picks. Very excited for Tuesday..

Also to the community- thanks for all the hard work by everyone, this was a very entertaining read over the last 2 days, I was on the edge of my seat when Slayer seemed likely.

Edit: My guess for the other three: 1) Cry of Achilles 2) Metalingus 3) Find the Real

I think the only song I have ever heard of Alter Bridge is "Ghost of Days Gone By". I do love that song, though. Doubt I'll pick up any of these (unless that's in the pack), but I know a BUNCH of people will be VERY happy with this DLC.

Dmonster4's Avatar Banned
    The puzzles and cryptic messages were great! Spent all my free time (and work time) looking at this thread! Hoping for more of this!
    Just a shame about the limp ending.

MoldyRhyme94061's Avatar Member
    I don't know any alter bridge. What are songs I should check out that would be in the pack?

Since I don't know any alterbridge, I'll just wait until the songs are released to listen and decide if I want to get the pack.

zaxcv4321's Avatar Senior Member
    Same here...never heard of the band, but will certainly keep an open mind (as long as they are nothing like Creed, in which case my mind is closed like a barn door).

Originally Posted by dougoberle Go to original post
    Same here...never heard of the band, but will certainly keep an open mind (as long as they are nothing like Creed, in which case my mind is closed like a barn door).
    I just listened to blackbird, since I thought I saw that it will be in the pack, and it sounds like radio rock to me. Mark Tremonti writes some riffs that are really fun to play, but I guess some solos are more technical? I"m not sure.

If they could make Creed albums instrumental, they would actually be really good. The vocals just ruin it.

Ties That Bind will probably be one song, since it was in Guitar Hero. They've got some songs with crazy tunings. Hopefully solos get tabbed well, since the more complicated solos tend to be tabbed very oddly.

I don't really listen to these guys, but I think the DLC will probably be pretty good.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    We have a winner! Well spotted bubka!

Thanks for playing along. I hope people enjoyed the chase. I know it was hard, maybe a bit too hard; I will adjust my clues going forward and strive to give you things that are tricky but satisfying to figure out, and ultimately solvable. This week is sort of a calibration week. But I wanted to do something that was a little more in-depth just to see how everybody would react. Everybody worked together and certainly rose to the challenge!

Fun? Not fun? Let me know.

Dan
    I sure enjoyed it! I don't know the band much, but the cryptography was sure fun! It was surely challenging though! Maybe if I knew the band I could have seen the last bit. But yes, everyone did contribute... I can't believe all the input today. More multi layered puzzles, please!

Don't re-calibrate. Just start early and offer a few more clues if they are needed.

A discussion forum for guitar (or in my case mainly bass) had me installing the Java SDK attempting to write code to de-crypt a hidden file (never programmed Java before but have a C background so I was very happy when Ox1a4toke extracted the picture.

A bigger problem for you will be keeping them fresh.