sebastianaalton's Avatar Trials Developer

Beta is now over. Thanks for everyone for the help!

The beta is now over and the game launch is near. We like to thank all of you for your help in identifying PC specific issues!

Many hardware compatibility issues have been solved during the beta, frame rate has improved by 40% on low end GPUs, mouse+keyboard usability has been improved, multi monitor support is working properly (btw. game looks gorgeous on ultra wide three monitor setups) and the general stability of the build has improved.

We still have work to do, and we have a dedicated team allocated to improving the game and adding new content and features, with a complete roadmap for the first year and ambitious plans for beyond that. The PC version will also receive the same six DLCs as well as the free feature updates that the console versions will.

One issue we have already identified and are working hard on resolving in the very near future is an issue with “frame-skipping” where the game slows down rather than dropping frames when it fails to maintain a stable 60 fps speed. As a workaround we suggest reducing the graphics quality settings until your PC runs the game smoothly at 60 fps until the fix has been deployed.

Zzzlol94's Avatar Member
    Good to hear that you're working on implementing frame-skipping. But it could have a bad effect on PCs that are already running the game smoothly at ~60 FPS.

sebastianaalton's Avatar Trials Developer
    Originally Posted by Zzzlol94 Go to original post
    Good to hear that you're working on implementing frame-skipping. But it could have a bad effect on PCs that are already running the game smoothly at ~60 FPS.
    Frame skipping has zero effect when the game is running at 60 fps. Frames are only skipped to catch up when 60 fps is not maintained.

Anyone have any luck unlocking the full game? was hoping to play a little before work but it looks as though the servers were down for a bit. Also the only game I can launch from uplay is the beta, and I get an error message on the home screen and the game force closes.

EDIT: I did buy the game through gamestop Download network.

D2Dahaka's Avatar Senior Member
    No problem for me. Received an email from Ubi informing that the game was available. Have to say the final build performs alot better than the last time I played the Beta. Game even runs smooth on my weaker rig which has an e8500 Core2 and an overclocked 480GTX. Really big improvement over gold edition especially given the technical step up. well done Guys *claps*