Defoliator's Avatar Senior Member

Global Scoring Spreadsheet & Scoring Explained

Hello again maths fans and spreadsheet fetishist weirdos, the calculations are complete on the global scoring sheet for Trials Fusion. I would like to thank GrantR again for working out all the tricky formulas and such. Good work man! I'd also like to thank NSP I VeNoMz for providing his mad skills for data collection on the Extreme tracks. Thank the magic sky fairy that he did or it could have been weeks before I'd have platted Inferno IV (those barrels are an honest to goodness, brass coated bastard and I hate them).

Here's the link to download the sheet (I know it doesn't look like a link because it's not a different colour like it's supposed to be, but trust me, it's a link and it works. Just click it man, I wouldn't lie to you): Download the Excel Spreadsheet Here

UPDATE: Link updated to include all the DLCs. I've used the What If version since people seem to like it. Thanks very much again to kn000t for supplying all the data for the DLC tracks! Saved me a heap of time calculating all the ultimates.

FAQ:

But how does scoring work though Defo? I want to understand it so I can beat my friends on Global, rub their faces in it, and start pulling all the *****es. Those guys at the top of the leader boards must be swimming in *****, and I wants me a piece of that action.

Good question incredibly sexist imaginary guy. Basically, you receive a score for each Trials track depending on how much you suck (or not). This is determined by two measures:

Fault Count

The fault factor on all tracks this time around is 0.5. What that means is that you will receive some points for runs with faults but as you can see, it drops away quickly. Past 6 faults, you basically only lose about 100 points per fault. Taking forever and getting a zero fault run will get you more points than a one fault Speedy Gonzales run.

Track Time

The below table shows an example of points thresholds at each medal time on the first track in the game. These points thresholds are the same on every track, but the time requirements are different for each medal. Assuming a zero fault run, your score will be determined by how close you are to the thresholds you are between. For example, if you have the Platinum medal, your score will be between 322,500 and 360,000 depending on how close you are to the ultimate time. If you are under the ultimate time, your score will still increase but you're probably too good at the game and should just chill out or give me some lessons or something. The bottom score of 397,500 can only be achieved by cheating *****s who hack the game. Those people should be hunted down and destroyed.

Your global score is just the sum total of all your track scores. I also should have probably mentioned that Skill Games and FMX tracks do not count towards your global score so no need to freak out about them. Hopefully that makes it all pretty clear. If you have any questions, post a comment or send me a PM.

UPDATE:
    A number of people have queried how many points you gain for improving your times on the different difficulties. I made this example to show the difference between an easy track and an extreme. On an extreme, you'll generally gain more total points but gain less for improving. This is due to the easy platinum time and the large gap to the ultimate time.

Ch4er0n's Avatar Senior Member
    wow thx defo! looks amazing!

Impressive dude....

Not only is he good at trials, but he is into spreadsheets too...... Does awesomeness know no bounds???? Getting a bit tired of seeing your little helmet disappearing into the distance but I suppose I should get used to it. Is there a secret to be spilled on the Tournaments column?????

Nice work defo, made me chuckle on a few occasions! This is going to help people out for sure, definitely helped me out to be an insanely amazing spreadsheet wiz

Good job bud

Thank you and bravo to all involved. I might make sure I keep track of mine this time.
    Should hopefully urge me on to keep playing the included tracks for a while longer and get better.

@Chaeron: Thanks mate. Will comment on your WR post shortly. Nice one.

@Puddin:
    In response to your questions:

1: All the tools of science are yet to detect a limit to my awesomeness or to my levels of self conceit. That may be a problem of lack of current detection instrumentation however. Some say that a limit is hinted at in the high end mathematical equations of string theory, but most of those guys are full of crap.

2: Sorry about my ghost. You can turn the bugger off in the options by the way. What system are you playing on? 360? If so, don't mean to make you feel worse, but I've only done a quick run on those tracks to collect data for this spreadsheet. My main account is on XBOne. And I'm really not that good at the game, else I wouldn't have needed help on the extremes. When Venomz collected the data for me, he got 2 World Records in about 5 minutes flat all while I was crapping on in his ear. That is GOOD at the game. But it's all relative I suppose, we're improving all the time, that's what's so awesome about Trials!

3: No, there's no secret in the inclusion of a tournaments column, although that column should be hidden on the sheet unless you're viewing it in something other than Excel. I just made changes to the original Evo scoresheet which noted which tournament each track belonged to.

@Venomz: Thanks again mate!

@Shakey & Geordie: Cheers lads, glad you like it.

Wraath's Avatar Member
    I have a question. I am mostly coming 50th-300th on most tracks and I have one 1500 and two 800 ish. I am rank 666 but I thought that would be lower. If i got them three scores down to 300 each would my global be 300/less?

So to makes things simpler. If I was 100th on every single track. Would I be 100th global? I can't work it out.

Wraath's Avatar Member
    Also forgot to mention. Thankyou for taking the time to make this. Appreciate it

The Exorcist

Hey Wraath, the reason you're ranked 666 is you've been touched by the Devil. I recommend seeking an exorcism immediately from a crazy person.

Jokes aside, it's hard to say unless I look at your track scores. As you can see by the table above, if you have faults on the two tracks you're ranked 800 & 1500, it could be costing you hundreds of thousands of points. This will make a huge difference to your ranking. It is your total score that matters, so if you want to move up, getting all tracks to 0 faults should be your first task as that will give you a vastly greater haul of points than shaving seconds off your times.

As an example, it's possible for someone to have the world record on every track except the last two (that they haven't played yet) and be ranked lower than someone who's just barely platted every track. That's because you get the vast majority of your score for 0 faulting a track. The difference between a WR rider and someone like me (around 600th in Evo) would only be 10,000 - 20,000 points per track in Fusion (roughly 3-5% of overall score). Those two tracks not played would be costing him 650-700k and something similar might be happening in your case.

In general though, once the game has been out for a bit longer, yes, if your average track rank is about 100th, you'd expect to be ranked about there globally. This early in the game's history though, that might not be the case as many people might not have completed the game yet. The leader boards will take a few weeks to normalise.

Hope that answers your question? Let me know if I'm still not talking sense with my ceaseless babbling.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last ►►