🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager

Can your PC run this game?

Hi All,

There has been many posts recently asking if the game can run on certain hardware, the answer is yes - if you meet these requirements:

MINIMUM

Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
    RAM: 6GB
    Video card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
    DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
    Disk Space: 20 Gb
    Sound: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
    Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller
    Note: This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY

RECOMMENDED

Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
    Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz or better
    RAM: 8GB or more
    Video card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list) or better
    Supported video cards at the time of release:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GTX500, GTX600, GTX700 series;
    AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
    Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

Laptops - though not officially supported - may work, however performance may suffer due to differences - so please make sure drivers etc are upto date and you meet these requirements.

Any changes from these requirements in your hardware - lower than minimum requirements - may result in the game not working, so please use these requirements as a guide.

Nvidia have a graphics card testing page, which will test your GPU against the requirements: http://www.geforce.com/games-applica...s/gpu-analyzer

If you post asking for advice from the community about your system - please remember - no one has any real idea of how the game will react to lower than required hardware - so any guesses are just that, same goes for people asking for frame rate quotes - these can vary greatly due to drivers etc and if you purchase the game and do not manage to get that performance, no one is to blame.

Thanks!
     1 people found this helpful

I was kind of waiting on this post, so many posts about "can I run this game"

If you have a desktop and want to know if you can run this game without comparing (because you don't have any knowledge of hardware) you can visit this site:
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com
    it will scan your PC and tells you exactly if you have the minimum or recommended requirements. And if you haven't what you have to do to upgrade your PC.

I don't have knowledge of laptop graphic cards and the site won't check my laptop for some reason.

Everything on my laptop is so much better than needed for WD so I think my laptop will run it but I'm not 100% sure about my graphic card.
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M

BlastThyName's Avatar Senior Member
    The problem is many people don't know where their PC stands so listing the official requirements unfortunately does not help much.
    Ubisoft does not give any indication as to what kind of targets those specs are supposed to shoot for. It would be a sensitive move to do that, surely they must have something in mind when they release official specs. Until they do that the forums will forever be filled with people confused as to what specs truly mean and flying off the handle because they don't run the game as well as they think they should.

There are sadly many factors which can make or break your PC experience, be sure to take great care of your PC.
    Install anti-viruses, pay attention to Windows' event logger, monitor your PC using quality software (Real Temp, CPUID Hardware Monitor, Speedfan, CPU-Z/GPU-Z) and be realistic in your expectations. Update your drivers regularly and don't hesitate to check the "clean install" box if you use Nvidia.
    PC is not a console, as such it requires a bit of know-how and tweaking.
    PC is not a "one size fits all" gaming machine, you will have to tweak and experiment to find the right balance unless you have a very powerful machine (and you should not even be reading that post).

Nothing you haven't heard before but I think it's still useful to repeat that.

Everything on my laptop is so much better than needed for WD so I think my laptop will run it but I'm not 100% sure about my graphic card.
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M
    I'm not optimistic it will run the game all that well. Laptops are not supported and it means what it means : even though on paper you may be able to run the game in practice you can end up with erratic performance.
    Be warned. There is no guarantee the game will perform decently.

xMiiSTY's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by BlastThyName Go to original post
    There are sadly many factors which can make or break your PC experience, be sure to take great care of your PC.
    Install anti-viruses, pay attention to Windows' event logger, monitor your PC using quality software (Real Temp, CPUID Hardware Monitor, Speedfan, CPU-Z/GPU-Z) and be realistic in your expectations. Update your drivers regularly and don't hesitate to check the "clean install" box if you use Nvidia.
    PC is not a console, as such it requires a bit of know-how and tweaking.
    PC is not a "one size fits all" gaming machine, you will have to tweak and experiment to find the right balance unless you have a very powerful machine (and you should not even be reading that post).
    Well said, my friend.

Please keep in mind that if you are unsure of your computers capability then there is a chance something will not seem "right" when trying to run the game on ultra. If this is the case, it is possible you will have to upgrade some hardware or lower your in-game settings. However, the information in Mr_Shade's post should help you in figuring this out.

It's not really a problem if it doesn't run on my laptop. I have a gaming desktop with a bottleneck xD Im already planning in upgrading the motherboard and CPU so the bottleneck will disapear and I can run WD on my desktop. I have to play WD, doesnt matter what I have to do for it :P

D_cover's Avatar Senior Member
    Hopefully this will reduce if not stop the constant threads of "Can I run this."

Youtube is an amazing place for a crash course in learning about PC components and the latest and greatest CPU's and GPU's on top of everything else. NCIX tech tips and Linus tech tips is a great place to start.

If you don't know if your PC can run this on Ultra best to assume you can't. For the two components alone to run this on Ultra you are looking at at least .£730. That's two parts out of everything else.

Cara2100's Avatar Member
    rocessor
    Model: Intel ® Core i5-2320 CPU@3.00GHz
    Cores: 4
    Logical Processors: 4
    Speed: 3.3 GHz
    Ram
    Capacity: 8GB
    Video Card
    Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 SC
    Chipset: GeForce GTX 560 SC
    Memory: 1 GB
    Hardware version of the driver: 9.18.13.3523
    DirectX
    Installed version: 11.0
    3D Acceleration: Yes
    sound
    Name: 2 - Realtek High Definition Audio
    hard disk
    Free Space: 1.01 TB
    Total Space: 1.36 TB
    Operating System
    Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Architecture: 64-bit

as it will run on my PC Ubisoft?

D_cover's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Felipson20 Go to original post
    rocessor
    Model: Intel ® Core i5-2320 CPU@3.00GHz
    Cores: 4
    Logical Processors: 4
    Speed: 3.3 GHz
    Ram
    Capacity: 8GB
    Video Card
    Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 SC
    Chipset: GeForce GTX 560 SC
    Memory: 1 GB
    Hardware version of the driver: 9.18.13.3523
    DirectX
    Installed version: 11.0
    3D Acceleration: Yes
    sound
    Name: 2 - Realtek High Definition Audio
    hard disk
    Free Space: 1.01 TB
    Total Space: 1.36 TB
    Operating System
    Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Architecture: 64-bit

as it will run on my PC Ubisoft?
    Don't take it the wrong way but the system requirements are at the top where Mr_shade posted them. If you are still unsure or not all that well informed use http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri to get a the short answer. But it is always best to pick it up and learn yourself.

Cara2100's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by StefaNLnafetS Go to original post
    I was kind of waiting on this post, so many posts about "can I run this game"

If you have a desktop and want to know if you can run this game without comparing (because you don't have any knowledge of hardware) you can visit this site:
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com
    it will scan your PC and tells you exactly if you have the minimum or recommended requirements. And if you haven't what you have to do to upgrade your PC.

I don't have knowledge of laptop graphic cards and the site won't check my laptop for some reason.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M
    http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...e=Watch%20Dogs

I think this site better ......... I see far cry 3 it would run at least not in your site hehe

my pC in the far cry almost ultra 3 wheel

Cara2100's Avatar Member
    D_cover

minimum or recommended?

do not trust this site?

I prefer this http://www.game-debate.com

for example shows exactly how the Farcry 3 works here, since the lab says that almost at least hehe xd

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... Last ►►