🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Yep, all maxed out in 1080p leaves 45 fps on my desktop pc:

i7-4770k
    gtx 780SC
    16gb ram

And 20 fps on my laptop maxed out in 1080p:

i7-3610qm
    gtx 680m 4gb
    16gb ram

For the most part, yes. STUTTERING at times though!

i5-3570K
    GTX 780 Factory OC
    8GB RAM

On this laptop of mine, yes i can run it, considering the specs, it runs fine on medium without HBAO, anti-aliasing off and V-sync off, with the occasional stutter when driving fast, but its probably because of the 4gb ram

Specs:

Dell Vostro 5460
    Intel Core i5-3337U
    1.80 Ghz
    2 Cores, 4 Threads
    4GB RAM @ 1600Mhz
    Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB

Its suprisingly playable

lilobzh's Avatar Junior Member
    Core i7 2600k
    8 go RAM DDR 3

GTX 770 OC (2 Go RAM)

FPS en moyenne : 40 - 60

i7 Load average : 45%
    GTX770 load average : 99%

Running the game fine here a little bit of freezing here and there but it lasts a about a second.

Nvidia 670 Zotac overclocked edition 2GB Reference design with latest 337.88 and everything set to high @ 1920x1080p, i don't know how many frames but it feels extremely smooth.

FX-6350 @ 3.9 stock
    8GB Ram

I7 3770k at 4.6ghz
    16GB RAM
    2 x GTX 780

No.

Unplayable on all settings due to stutter that renders driving sections impossible. Apart from when using medium textures which look like something from 1994. Arguably I can "run" the game but you wouldn't want to "play" it.

- i5-4670K
    - 8GB 2400 (OC) RAM
    - Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC (4GB)

Mostly playable when on foot with ultra settings, FXAA, 1920x1080, MHBAO, though it clearly chugs from time to time - I put that at least partly down to the decision by Ubi to intentionally kneecap AMD cards by using Nvidia's "Gameworks". However, as with pretty much anyone else, it's a stuttery mess when you're driving in a car. I've heard that reducing textures to "High" might mitigate this problem somewhat, but frankly, I shouldn't have to do that.

I own a PS4, and the entire reason I got this game for PC instead, was for the Ultra settings, since WD devs already confirmed that console ports are equivalent to "High" settings.

I'm incredibly disappointed, because my specs meet/exceed the specs laid out by Ubi's own devs, for what was necessary to play at Ultra settings without issue.

It's well known that you can never trust Ubisoft's PC releases, because they are usually a poorly optimized mess, but I gave it a go this time becase they had said loudly and proudly that PC was the lead platform for this game. Boy do I feel like a fool.

The game actually looks quite nice - particularly when it's raining - but not good enough to justify how poorly it runs. And I hate how they've tried to excuse issues by pointing to the PC's lack of "unified memory" ala the PS4 -- was the PC the lead platform, or not?

As it stands, I'm waiting for a patch, to see what they come up with.

Originally Posted by Scottoest Go to original post
    I put that at least partly down to the decision by Ubi to intentionally kneecap AMD cards by using Nvidia's "Gameworks".
    It's not that. They were just jumping at anything they did not have to make themselves, because the PC Version was just a side effect that should be made quick and dirty to get more money from pre-orders.
    My friend has a R9 270x, I have a GTX 660. It runs equally sh*t on both, cannot see any difference tbh.

Originally Posted by utack Go to original post
    It's not that. They were just jumping at anything they did not have to make themselves, because the PC Version was just a side effect that should be made quick and dirty to get more money from pre-orders.
    My friend has a R9 270x, I have a GTX 660. It runs equally sh*t on both, cannot see any difference tbh.
    It's true that the game is not running that well on either GPU platform right now, but the R9 290 is essentially equivalent to a 780 GTX (according to neutral benchmarking) - which they said was the requirement for Ultra settings. The 290 even has an extra GB of VRAM, which is supposedly all important for this game's "Ultra" settings.

I don't think the Gameworks nonsense is the main performance roadblock right now, but it's definitely a factor for AMD cards.

i5-2500k @ 4.4 GHz
    AMD Radeon 7970 w/ 3GB VRAM @ 1125 MHz core / 1575 MHz memory
    8GB RAM
    Using AMD 14.6 Beta Drivers

Using borderless window at 2560x1440 resolution with Temporal SMAA. I have played for hours at default "high" settings with "ultra" textures. The game would lag bad at times, especially when driving. The VRAM usage was always at 3GB, likely because of ultra textures combined with 1440p. Lowering the textures to "high" helped a little, but it was still too choppy to enjoy playing, but my VRAM usage would sit around 2.8GB so I know that it helped a little.

I have settled on "medium" settings at 1440p with Temporal SMAA and "high" textures. The game doesn't look all that great, but at least it's smooth for the most part. There is still lag at times, especially when driving, but not nearly as often and as bad as having the settings on "high." I have tried ultra settings just for the heck of it, and needless to say, it was completely unplayable, felt like 2-3 fps during a car chase.