🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 @ 3.2GHZ
    GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 (1 GB VM)
    RAM: 8 GB
    Running on a 1600x900 resolution. On what settings I will be able to play Watch_Dogs :3? Thx <3

thats alittle higher than the minimum requiered specs but with more Ram... so i would say some on minimum and most on medium if you keep Anti alasing off or low

I have a dual-core processor, 8GB RAM, GTX 660. All games at high quality settings. And now I know that Watch Dogs will not run on dual-core processors. If this is true, I'll NEVER buy games from Ubisoft. And I'm not one of such opinions. What kind of restrictions are!?!?

Sort of answered your own question there, you know it won't run for you as you stated firstly, but the next part is "if this is true" ?

Watch Dogs will not run for you with that dual core, you'll have to grab a quad core.

BlastThyName's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LorFolZ Go to original post
    I have a dual-core processor, 8GB RAM, GTX 660. All games at high quality settings. And now I know that Watch Dogs will not run on dual-core processors. If this is true, I'll NEVER buy games from Ubisoft. And I'm not one of such opinions. What kind of restrictions are!?!?
    Why are you upset ? Progress comes at a cost doesn't it ?

Dual core are ancient, it's time for 4 physical cores to be the bare minimum and hopefully 8 cores will be the norm in 18 months.

I've waited for this for a long time.
    Finally, the death of dual core cpus/DX9/32 bits.

My PC
    i5 3570K at 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, HD7870, Win 7 64bit

Recommended says i7 at 3.5 GHz but I believe i5 runs just as well as an i7 with gaming (lots of tech vids on YouTube say this)

GPU and CPU was bought Dec 2012 so will upgrade GPU to a R9 280x or equivalent come Christmas but I'm sure HD 7870 will do fine till then. The i5 will be fine for much longer I hope.

Can't wait for 27 May

Originally Posted by Inserach Go to original post
    My PC
    i5 3570K at 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, HD7870, Win 7 64bit
    Recommended says i7 at 3.5 GHz but I believe i5 runs just as well as an i7 with gaming (lots of tech vids on YouTube say this)
    Crysis 3 disagrees.
    http://maldotex.blogspot.fr/2013/02/...-graphics.html
    And this is only the beginning. I think your I5 will be plenty sufficient but an I7 will offer tangible benefits in next-gen games.

GPU and CPU was bought Dec 12 so will upgrade GPU to a R9 280x or equivalent come Christmas but I'm sure HD 7870 will do fine till then. The i5 will be fine for much longer I hope.
    Can't wait for 27 May
    I think you can aim for medium settings at 1080p.

Originally Posted by BlastThyName Go to original post
    Why are you upset ? Progress comes at a cost doesn't it ?

Dual core are ancient, it's time for 4 physical cores to be the bare minimum and hopefully 8 cores will be the norm in 18 months.

I've waited for this for a long time.
    Finally, the death of dual core cpus/DX9/32 bits.
    This is not progress, it is unreasonably high demands! Other normal game quietly working with dual-core processors, what's special about this game? In fact all the same. Unexpectedly, this attitude from Ubisoft.

Originally Posted by LorFolZ Go to original post
    This is not progress, it is unreasonably high demands! Other normal game quietly working with dual-core processors, what's special about this game? In fact all the same. Unexpectedly, this attitude from Ubisoft.
    I don't get this frame of mind.
    Watch Dogs has very impressive simulations going on behind the scene, and many AIs, the CPU requirements seem justified for me.
    You are probably confused by games asking more and more of your hardware and you shouldn't : AAA PC games will require more and more, that's a very good thing imo.

It's about time dual core cpus are left out in the cold, I can't see any downside to it.

Hello i was just wandering if you think that an Intel i3 2100 will be able to handle this game ?
    It does meet the minimum requirements as an Intel i3 2100 is quite a bit faster than a core 2 quad, but the Intel i3 is only dual core with 4 threads and the core 2 quad has 4 physical cores.
    Does this game count the threads or does it only rely on 4 physical cores ?

I was about to pre order this game earlier on but then I saw a post with someone saying that an Intel i3 will not stand a chance.

Here are my specs :

Intel i3 2100 @ 3.10 Ghz Dual core + 4 threads (Acts as quad core)
    8GB Ram
    HD7850
    550GB HDD

Does anyone think that i might be able to run it ?
    I've never had a problem playing any game before, anything that i have tested on it it's been able to run it maxed out. Crysis 3, AC4, Blacklist ect.

Cheers