🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

why no 1 is creating mods in this game

assassin creed valhalla have some good mods and watch dogs is even older game from assasin and have nothing for mods...this game is full with fun potential and i just dont understand why no 1 is creating something fun to be mod in this game...

I think there are 2 reasons. Ubisoft games are notoriously difficult to mod. And I think that the community basically left because the game is in bad shape on PC. Valhalla is in a much better state and is part of a more popular series. I would like to see some mods, but it's going to take a while, I think.

KmarkoPL's Avatar Senior Member
    As Tesc5435 said, Ubisoft games are difficult to mod, and Ubisoft is mostly against it.
    All you get are shaders,
    Modding game to extend like GTA for example is not going be possible.

Originally Posted by KmarkoPL Go to original post
    As Tesc5435 said, Ubisoft games are difficult to mod, and Ubisoft is mostly against it.
    All you get are shaders,
    Modding game to extend like GTA for example is not going be possible.
    Actually, Ubisoft greenlighted mod support for WD franchise. There are official legally-supported mods out there to use, like native trainers.

WD1+2 are extremely difficult to handle and the possibilities are quite limited. But still, there are a few toys and gadgets you can find for them.

It depends on which game you mean, if you didn't realize this is WD1 category not Legion, considering you compare to Valhalla, i'll say you're talking about Legion, the game just came out, there are tools but you won't be seeing public releases for some time for multiple reasons, even though mods already exist, obviously at some point there will be releases but all you can expect are model swaps, texture changes or "restoring" cut content and so on, ofc there's a chance at some point there might be mods that add custom operatives to the game too

If you're talking about WD2 - the modding community has died after the last patch, and there's not much to do with the game, a lot of modders prefer WD1

WD1 - There's a lot of mods and some actually add new gameplay features such as Living City, there's still mods being created for it

I don't know where the "Ubisoft games are difficult to mod" comes from. It's comparatively easy to make file modifications work in pretty much all Dunia-based games.