DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team

Patch Notes 4/15/14

Next time you fire up RS 2014 for Windows or Mac, you'll get an update, and here's what it does:

PC/Mac

· Fixed a rare issue where the game would crash when selecting Tone Assignment, on Rhythm Path, When Tone Designer missions are available
    · The correct play style now always appears for RS2014 on-disc and DLC bass arrangements
    · Fixed an issue where the user could not exit the calibration checklist if changes are made to the current settings of the Real Tone Cable Gain
    · Fixed an incorrect character in the lyrics of the RS1 DLC song Black Betty by Ram Jam
    · Fixed an issue where the first phrase of the RS1 DLC song Black by Pearl Jam was not correctly displayed in the phrase banner (Lead Path)
    · Fixed a detection issue for the harmonics in the first phrase of the RS1 song Jeremy by Pearl Jam (Lead/Rhythm)
    · Sorting the song by Artist will now put the titles in the correct alphabetical order
    · Improvements to detection of Harmonics when a capo is attached
    · Fixed a rare issue where the UI would lock in the Tuner
    · Fixed a crash in Session Mode when using a unique band/tuning setting
    · Fixed an issue where the sorting filter flags would appear incorrectly
    · Further improved general game stability
    · Fixed an issue where incorrect language is displayed during Uplay account creation

Mac Only
    · Fixed Shader Issue for the Capo on the Mac
    · Fixed Shader issue for broken gear on the Mac
    · Fixed crash that occurred when the game is started with no mouse attached to the system on Mac

Several folks have already reported getting the goods. Let me know how it goes for you.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team

Patch Notes 4/15/14

Next time you fire up RS 2014 for Windows or Mac, you'll get an update, and here's what it does:

PC/Mac

· Fixed a rare issue where the game would crash when selecting Tone Assignment, on Rhythm Path, When Tone Designer missions are available
    · The correct play style now always appears for RS2014 on-disc and DLC bass arrangements
    · Fixed an issue where the user could not exit the calibration checklist if changes are made to the current settings of the Real Tone Cable Gain
    · Fixed an incorrect character in the lyrics of the RS1 DLC song Black Betty by Ram Jam
    · Fixed an issue where the first phrase of the RS1 DLC song Black by Pearl Jam was not correctly displayed in the phrase banner (Lead Path)
    · Fixed a detection issue for the harmonics in the first phrase of the RS1 song Jeremy by Pearl Jam (Lead/Rhythm)
    · Sorting the song by Artist will now put the titles in the correct alphabetical order
    · Improvements to detection of Harmonics when a capo is attached
    · Fixed a rare issue where the UI would lock in the Tuner
    · Fixed a crash in Session Mode when using a unique band/tuning setting
    · Fixed an issue where the sorting filter flags would appear incorrectly
    · Fixed an issue where incorrect language is displayed during Uplay account creation

Mac Only
    · Fixed Shader Issue for the Capo on the Mac
    · Fixed Shader issue for broken gear on the Mac
    · Fixed crash that occurred when the game is started with no mouse attached to the system on Mac

Several folks have already reported getting the goods. Let me know how it goes for you.

****My patch came through last night... I started getting a number of audio and video glitches I never had before. Nothing that crashed the game. At one point during the playback of a song it, well, basically let out a digital fart for about a second. The video felt twitchier -- changing between menus felt bumpier, as if the graphics hesitated a moment before finally switching windows. This was especially apparent when I exited the game -- the exit screen superimposed on the main menu and hung there for a good five seconds or so before finally proceeding.

Also the Riff Repeater bug was back-- this one occurs when the RR is set at a slower speed, after playing through the section once, the RR suddenly jumps to 100% for the second time through, then goes back to the proper speed setting for subsequent runs. This used to happen every single time, but then stopped about a month ago or more. But last night after the patch, it was back again.

I'll try the game out again in a little bit.

**Edit: Played the game for a couple hours this evening, played about half a dozen songs, with no issues. Must have been a process running the background the other night?

Duggle-SD's Avatar Senior Member
    Cool, patch notes!
    I was wondering what the patch was about when I started up RS on the xbox yesterday. I was embarrassed to ask about it because I didn't know what day it came out and people might find out I hadn't played for about a week and a half. (Yard work and building a new fence made my left hand fingers sore so I stayed off the guitar until yesterday)

Edit: oh, I see the xbox patches were a separate post by Black Widow.

Cannot play

It opens just fine, I change the volume of the real tone cable just fine, but when I go to tune the guitar to be able to play a song it crashes and restarts my computer with this, "Thread stuck in device driver". All of my hardware have the latest updates and no exclamation mark is beside any of the hardwares in Device Manager. I was able to play Rocksmith 2014 just last week! What's going on??

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 is the answer it seems

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-56df0c1c4f01

Steamroller52's Avatar Senior Member
    Played for a couple hours last night in Session Mode and Riff Repeater, no crashes or any glitches of any kind, so far so good. Playing on Windows 7 machine.

KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member
    any opinions on whether note detection is better/worse/same?

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    The results of the ultra soul challenge for this week will say it all

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Maybe I was on fire tonight, but I played bass fantastic tonight. Calibration went flawless and no noise from too much/little gain.

No slow downs in graphics or audio for me.

Win7, 4Ghz 8 core, Radeon HD 6950

Thank you for the fixes. I had personally experienced a few of those.

I have noticed that sometimes the effect/amp modeling will quite sometimes, and will not come back until the game is restarted. This leaves what seems to be the completely clean guitar sound as what is played though the speakers. This continues even when trying to switch effects to saved effects with the 1-4 keys on the main menu. I do not recall this happening before the patch.

Also, sometimes when starting the game instead of the logo splash screens (would love to be able to skip these btw), all that is displayed is a white screen with a pick graphic in the bottom right corner. Have to alt-f4 out and try again.

Once again, thank you for the updates.