View Poll Results: Which feature in VMR You hate the most ?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Merc being able to perform melee when tazed.

0 0%
  • Lack of middle movement speed.

1 50.00%
  • Short death from above range.

0 0%
  • Stationary hacking mechanic.

0 0%
  • Melee combat being in favour of mercenaries.

1 50.00%
  • Spies moving so silently.

0 0%
  • No autoclimb option in the mod.

0 0%
  • No gamepad support.

0 0%
  • Anti-cheat.

0 0%
  • The level of gameplay difficulty in general.

0 0%

Versus Mode Redefined

VERSUS MODE REDEFINED
    - spies vs mercenaries total conversion modification -

The purpose of this mod was to make gameplay in multiplayer more like it was in Chaos Theory.
    It means that spies will be forced to play stealthy and mercs will be forced to be more attentive.
    Equal sides pure CTF gameplay is now changed to the Cat and Mouse gameplay, just like it was in SCCT's and SCPT's spy vs merc multiplayer.
    It's still not making horrible maps better, but it definitely worth to try and for all old svm lovers must to have.

Main changes in the mod are:

- Mercenaries are now stronger than spies in direct combat, they use better detectors, they can't be frontal killed, they can now use their melee when being tazed.
    (This change forces spies to use their stealth abilities rather than taze the merc and rush to melee him.)

- Remote hacking is now changed to be stationary, just like in old SVM games.
    (This change forces spies to teamwork more than ever before.)

- Movement is being changed to suit the new slow peaced gameplay style, middle movement speed has been removed from the game.
    (This change adds some tension and challenge to the gameplay.)

- Shadow system has been reworked, so it's now a powerful tool for spies to use. Goggles do not lit anymore in the dark, and spy is always hidden in shadow no matter what distance he is from mercenary or how fast he is moving.
    (This change supports the stealth gameplay and opens additional possibilities for spies.)

- Health and damage system has been reworked, regeneration is now rly, rly slow for both sides and damage system is now greatly rewarding headshots.

- Mercenaries flashlight has now more range by the cost of it's wideness.
    (This adds some extra tension for the mercenary gameplay and forces him to always stay focused and slowly scan all of dark areas.)

- Death From Above range is now moderately decreased, spy is now falling on the mercenary from above rather than jumping on him at the ridiculous distances.
    (This change makes DFA mechanic more clear for players and less overpowered and overused.)

[B]Melee combat system has been reworked again, and been improved to find a perfect balance.

Have in mind, that those are only the main gameplay changes, to see more of them go over here:
    DOWNLOAD !!
    http://vmr.cba.pl/vmrdownload/
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/versus-mode-redefined

Modification works as an addon which means that it does not replaces the original files from the game and can be turned on and off at any time.

VMR IS NOW ANTI CHEAT PROTECTED !!!

1.4.9 spy gameplay:

Visit this discord if You want to ask some questions about VMR, just talk or need help with the mod:
    https://discord.gg/g3kWw4F

Mod DB page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/versus-mode-redefined
    Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Versus.Mode.Redefined

StrayDog_RR's Avatar Senior Member
    W.O.W. I'M IN.

I'll add you tonight, what's your timezone?

Question, Is it possible to make the merc invincible when tazed and expand the crossbow magazine (If i'm not wrong in SP you can shoot 3 bows)?

Originally Posted by xRaDRoacHx Go to original post
    W.O.W. I'M IN.

I'll add you tonight, what's your timezone?

Question, why don't you make the merc invincible when tazed and expand the crossbow magazine (If i'm not wrong in SP you can shoot 3 bows)?
    I'm from EU my timezone is (UTC+01:00)
    I was trying to make merc non killable in taz state and non killable with frontal attacks but this is no easy task. I doubt if this is possible to achieve via hex editing. : \
    About crossbow magazine I think I'm able to do that as well as reduce reload time for crossbow, but I need to think this through.

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    Sounds good.

If you need an additional tester for feedback I'm in. I'll contact you when I find time (name's Dome500_SCB)

Now I wish I was on PC So sad

EL.Smasho's Avatar Senior Member
    Why not just go play CT? Even if you recreated everything like you want to you would still be left on these god awful BL maps.

Originally Posted by EL.Smasho Go to original post
    Why not just go play CT? Even if you recreated everything like you want to you would still be left on these god awful BL maps.
    I still play CT but it is kind of old, buggy and graphics are not so good, there is this gamma problem (you can see in darkness when you will rise your gamma). Lots of my friends dont want to play CT with me, because it is so old.. and I like some new blacklist features. Maps in Blacklist are really awful, that's true.. but this game has a huge unused potencial to be something more. I cannot repair bugs of Blacklist and I wont create new better maps, but I can make this game at least playable and enjoyable to me. This will never be as great as old VS mode, but I hope that this mod will make me want to play classic mode and will deliver me what I have paid for. Also, I hope to have fun playing it without raging at ubisoft this much, about things that they have ****ed up so badly.. in the new classic mode. Classic mode without this mod, is totally unplayable to me. If there are some people somwhere over there, who feel the same way. If you are desperate about what classic mode is, just try to test this mod with me. For me it helped alot, now at least I can play Classic mode with some friends and feel good about gameplay experiences. If there is a single person who will get better game experiences through this mod, it is worth it. If you want to try it with your friends or just test with me, just pm me on my uplay account "S.C.S_Sephoroid" I will send you the mod. I'm open for any response. At this time mod is rly hardcore, it is almost impossible to hack all 3 terminals. I need to figure out some way to make it easier for spies. Now, in beta state there is possibility to play and test classic mode in 4 vs 4. In the final state, it will be only 2 vs 2.
    I can also make blacklist mode playable on classic maps. Is someone interested in this kind of mod?

Tryptaminee's Avatar Banned
    this sounds awesome. Add me on uplay if u need more testers. Acc: Tryptaminee12

SCCUser1978's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm in!!!
    My Uplaytag is SSCUser1978.
    Just tell me when and where.

V.M.R_JaRuTo's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by S.C.S_Sephoroid Go to original post
    If there are some people somwhere over there, who feel the same way. If you are desperate about what classic mode is, just try to test this mod with me. For me it helped alot, now at least I can play Classic mode with some friends and feel good about gameplay experiences. If there is a single person who will get better game experiences through this mod, it is worth it. If you want to try it with your friends or just test with me, just pm me on my uplay account "S.C.S_Sephoroid" I will send you the mod. I'm open for any response. At this time mod is rly hardcore, it is almost impossible to hack all 3 terminals. I need to figure out some way to make it easier for spies. Now, in beta state there is possibility to play and test classic mode in 4 vs 4. In the final state, it will be only 2 vs 2.
    I can also make blacklist mode playable on classic maps. Is someone interested in this kind of mod?
    If you manage to change this god awful sonar-thermal thing with seeing through walls for blacklist mod while keeping thermal and night-vision, remove weapons for spies and remove blowing up camera while maintaining sleeping function... and maybe flash-bang functions. I'm in.
    When i first play with multiplayer after few minutes I imeddiately quit... Right now I don't have time for testing because i need to care with my youtube channel (see below) but if I find the time, I will be happy to test it.
    Good luck with similar to the old school classic mod

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last ►►