View Poll Results: Which feature in VMR You hate the most ?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Merc being able to perform melee when tazed.

0 0%
  • Lack of middle movement speed.

1 50.00%
  • Short death from above range.

0 0%
  • Stationary hacking mechanic.

0 0%
  • Melee combat being in favour of mercenaries.

1 50.00%
  • Spies moving so silently.

0 0%
  • No autoclimb option in the mod.

0 0%
  • No gamepad support.

0 0%
  • Anti-cheat.

0 0%
  • The level of gameplay difficulty in general.

0 0%
    Thanks for your reply!

Originally Posted by S.C.S_Sephoroid Go to original post
    Just try to add: "m_fMoveSpeedMultiplier=-0.5" parameter to Sam boots to reduce his movement speed in general.
    When you use "-" before the number it will be reduced instead of increased.:
    Is this to be added to the armorpartlibrary section of Blacklist.umd? Like, [SPBootsSuitA] would be the default boots and I would add that parameter there? I have tried doing that, both by

A) adding it and deleting unnecessary characters (to maintain filesize)
    and
    B) by replacing "m_fGlobalDamageReductionPerc" with it.

I even tried tweaking it in the "[ArmorPart_Template]" section to no result.

Also, are you certain about the"-"? It's a multiplier, so wouldn't 0.5 presumably halve the speed? I have tried both ways and Sam is moving the same speed as far as I can tell. I have even tried some more drastic values to no avail.

EDIT: I wonder if it is a MP-only parameter? Or have you had success with this?

EDIT 2: It definitely works in MP. I set the speed to a distinct number and was able to find it easily using Tsearch in-game. I could modify it and approximate the speeds I want to travel at. I'm going to try this with Sam now.

EDIT 3: Nope. I can see the value I set with Tsearch, but manipulating it does nothing. Perhaps single-player disables the parameter from affecting Sam/Briggs' speeds. It would seem they only tweaked speeds with that parameter to balance SvM.

I made new version of the mod with fixed tazer, improoved sticky cam, new flashlight light for mercs that is not so wide, plus lot of other small fixes and tweaks.
    Now mod is in kind of dead phase because I have not so much time to work at it. There is also not much more that I can fix. So mod is almost in 1.0 state, just need another tweak of DFA range.
    To make more cool changes I need to figure out some way to force this game to read my custom xml files instead those from UMD files. The main target is dynamicwin.umd file that contains alot of usefull stuff. I need to find some way to decrypt this file right way, because it is encrypted with more than one type of encryption. If I will fail at this task I will make some trailer for this mod and some screenshots, to show all the changes and release it on ModDB or something. Not much of players here, are interested in this mod. I didn't expect to see so little stealth MP players in this game. Most of new SC players are action and shooter players, that prefer to play BL mode. I think that this is the reason why Project Stealth failed, stealth players are gone. For me this is sad as ****, to see that COD players own this game and that they are the future of it. I didn't realise untill now, that we stealth players are so extinct race here, in this game and on its forum. Thanks for all who helped me out and supported this modification. It was really fun to play with You all. I need to move out of this forum, to find a small community of old stealth SC vets. Maybe I will try on Chaos Theory forums and ect. So I see this thread as closed one. Thanks again guys ^_^

StrayDog_RR's Avatar Senior Member
    Come on man what did you expect? On PC there are like 400/500 players that play Coop and SvM and we can say that is close to death, if you want your mod to be played spread the word, try on ModDB as well. And by the way Project Stealth did not failed because there are no stealth players. It failed because some other sites refused to advertise the game, and because most of them wanted to play it but it was still in Alpha... This game is the last SvM version and most of people don't play Chaos Theory because they probably had enough of play the same maps over and over. The community is dying because the game didn't have more support (not only in terms of patches, but in DLCs like maps or other modes etc.) and because the cheaters are still killing it... The forums are also pretty dead, you won't find nobody here, just the same people...

P.S. Project Stealth is not dead yet, the team is moving slowly now

Originally Posted by xRaDRoacHx Go to original post
    Come on man what did you expect? On PC there are like 400/500 players that play Coop and SvM and we can say that is close to death, if you want your mod to be played spread the word, try on ModDB as well. And by the way Project Stealth did not failed because there are no stealth players. It failed because some other sites refused to advertise the game, and because most of them wanted to play it but it was still in Alpha... This game is the last SvM version and most of people don't play Chaos Theory because they probably had enough of play the same maps over and over. The community is dying because the game didn't have more support (not only in terms of patches, but in DLCs like maps or other modes etc.) and because the cheaters are still killing it... The forums are also pretty dead, you won't find nobody here, just the same people...

P.S. Project Stealth is not dead yet, the team is moving slowly now
    Thank You for anwser. I hope that You are right, but sometimes I feel hopeless about this game and whole idea.
    When I go online to play SVM almost all people there wont talk or just play Blacklist Mode. Rly most of those are not stealth players or SC players, they are COD players.
    This game became something different than it was and people who still left are no SC players. SC players left this game long time ago : \
    I mean SvM not coop or sp. What makes me rly mad is fact that ubisoft will not make next SC game for SC players, but for new players who are enjoying this action game. From what I see, this is the end of SC as a stealth game.
    I'm sorry for whining about lack of stealth players, I shouldn't do this : \
    I will do what I can to get more of them.
    I'm just mad about the ubisoft attitude to all of this.

Now, there is a lobby for all who want to play the mod on tunngle network
    if You wish to play just download tunngle client: http://www.tunngle.net/community/fil...tup-v4514bexe/

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    Some remarks:

1. Choke Hold/Human Shield would be nice, I am sure you can somehow import this from the singleplayer

Shadow blend for spy is active not only with caps lock sneaking mode but whole the time.
    I hope that you have it so that if the Merc aims his flashlight at you he can see you
    Spy is moving silently, just like in old SC vs mode
    I hope on fast speed the Spy can still be heard a little bit and I hope he can be seen on the radar when being fast
    Spy has more HP
    After seeing the video I'd say he could have a little bit more HP IMO, you were a little bit clunky there yes, but you still died pretty fast
    Now you can choose 6 terminals option in the match settings, this is just some ballance changing stuff. (v0.7)
    How did you do that. Is it now that every terminal has 2 uses or are there Terminals in other places now?
    Merc now cannot be killed from the front. (v0.8)
    I like that
    Spy melee range is longer. (v0.8)
    What was the reason for this decision?
    Sticky Cam now has explosion delay 3 sek. (v0.8)
    I would replace the sticky cam explosion with a Sticky Gas grenade (again, maybe it's possible to get this out of singleplayer since they share assets
    No more remote hacking.
    Is hacking progress saved or deleted after you failed a hack, interrupted it or died?

10. Night Vision should be available, I hope it is

11. A slight reduction of DFA range wouldn't be bad

12. How long is the hacking time for the stationary hacking?

13. All in all great changes, however there is still the problem of the simple map design. I know we can't change that, but is there any way to place terminals differently so that they are not so central anymore? That would be a big step in making the mod more CT-like.
    13b. A switching of terminal positions would be ideal here

Originally Posted by Dome500 Go to original post
    1. Choke Hold/Human Shield would be nice, I am sure you can somehow import this from the singleplayer
    I have tried, but failed as for now.. maybe in future updates.

I hope that you have it so that if the Merc aims his flashlight at you he can see you
    Yes, it couldn't be other way.

I hope on fast speed the Spy can still be heard a little bit and I hope he can be seen on the radar when being fast
    Spies in Classic mode just wear the silenced boots from ghost suit.

After seeing the video I'd say he could have a little bit more HP IMO, you were a little bit clunky there yes, but you still died pretty fast
    Spy now does not have more HP than default one, change list here is not updated since 0.9.
    The damage system has also been changed, now it's not the matter of HP but aim. I die fast because I suck, before I was rly able to escape like 90% of mercs encounters. Just need to slide more. Now merc needs to shoot just a single bullet in your head from any distance, his weapon rate of fire is lowered and precision is greater so it demands more skill to shoot a spy. HP is now regenerating rly slow so that's another reason why I die alot. Bullets shot in legs or arms deals less damage than in the original SCBL and to kill spy by the chest damage you need about 3-4 bullets.

How did you do that. Is it now that every terminal has 2 uses or are there Terminals in other places now?
    This is not an actual change I left this idea a couple of updates ago but it was made by terminals not closing them selfs after a hack but this made spies to hack only the easiest terminal on the map.

I like that
    What was the reason for this decision?
    This is also not an actual change, I left this idea a couple of updates ago. I made this because I wanted to make killing from behind easier for spy, but when I have made spy more responsive I quit this idea. It is now easy enough with a little of training to flash mr merc and get behind his ***.

I would replace the sticky cam explosion with a Sticky Gas grenade (again, maybe it's possible to get this out of singleplayer since they share assets
    I did this but sleeping gas has no effect on merc and I can't make cam to release any other kind of gas.

Is hacking progress saved or deleted after you failed a hack, interrupted it or died?
    It is deleted when interrupted and progress is being lost, it seems hard at first but as You see from the gameplay it is not.
    Maps in SCBL are made that way so it would be too easy if hacking progress would have been saved.

10. Night Vision should be available, I hope it is
    There are now 3 types of spies to choose from, every one of them is different in vision mode and gadgets.
    The one on the gameplay was a "toxic spy" he uses thermal vision, poisonous gas, gas mask and cloack as an ability.
    There is a classic spy avaliable with his night vision and all default gadgets.

11. A slight reduction of DFA range wouldn't be bad
    Yes I still need to tweak this one.

12. How long is the hacking time for the stationary hacking?
    Sth. about 18 seconds IDK how it's now, but before it was 2 seconds longer and for me then it was better. In the released version 1.1 it will be 2 seconds longer than in this gameplay video.

13. All in all great changes, however there is still the problem of the simple map design. I know we can't change that, but is there any way to place terminals differently so that they are not so central anymore? That would be a big step in making the mod more CT-like.
    Maps are different and maybe a little bit worse than in SCCT, but still it is not as huge problem as You may think. New maps are also good, different but fully playable and fun.
    IDK if I can change location of the terminals I will check it out. I personally do not mind the current location of those.

13b. A switching of terminal positions would be ideal here
    Mod had alot of changes since last update here on forums. I did not note them down here because of lack of interest on the forums, so I decided to work more and post less.
    Some changes from those mentioned here are not actual anymore. There is also alot of new changes in the mod. I will release more gameplay videos and trailer soon.
    Also I will prepare an actual changelist with the release of version 1.1 If you want some more info visit this facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/scbl.cm.mod
    I recommend You to try it out with me if You want to fully experience the new gameplay, because not everything is as it seems. In the real 2 vs 2 gameplay the mod performs great and for me it is way more fun to play than the original SCBL. Sounds like an advertisment xD
    Stay tuned for more info and videos if You are not convinced yet. Or just join us and play ^_^

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    This is also not an actual change, I left this idea a couple of updates ago. I made this because I wanted to make killing from behind easier for spy, but when I have made spy more responsive I quit this idea. It is now easy enough with a little of training to flash mr merc and get behind his ***.
    You should update those points that you did leave behind in some way.

Maps are different and maybe a little bit worse than in SCCT, but still it is not as huge problem as You may think. New maps are also good, different but fully playable and fun.
    See that's the problem. Yes they can be fun to a degree, and I know this is nothing that can be changed in a mod, but the way the maps are at the moment is that each "zone" is completely centralized on the terminal, which makes it easy to catch Spies hacking.

Back in the days there were some things different in level design:

1. There were no open halls or "arenas" or "zones" however you want to call it, where an area was centralized around a terminal and pretty much open. There were MORE rooms and the buildings and maps were a lot more complicated/complex in PT/CT
    2. Terminals were spread around, which means that there might have been a terminal in a small side-room rather than the large main room of the area.
    3. It took longer to actually hack terminals and one could save the progress if he or she interrupted the process
    4. Higher alarm systems and security measures around the terminals (I'm talking about the standard ones which did not have to be placed by Mercs)
    6. Limited lives obviously
    7. More Spy health (enough to escape regularily, but not enough to run straight at a Merc)

Like I said, some of those things can not POSSIBLY be changed, I just wanted to mention this fact that the maps are way simpler in Blacklist than they were in PT/CT and that this also was part of the problem, the simplicity and the "centralization" around the terminal.

I don't doubt it's still fun on those maps.

IDK if I can change location of the terminals I will check it out.
    That would be a great thing. Randomizing those or at least making them less "central" would help a lot to bring the old feeling back and would make the job of a Merc AND Spy harder in some situations.

If you want some more info visit this facebook page
    I'M not on facebook.
    But thanks for the info.

and for me it is way more fun to play than the original SCBL
    I believe you that, that's for sure.

EDIT: How is that working with accuracy? Doesn't it feel "unfair" if the Merc weapon to inaccurate?