View Poll Results: Which feature in VMR You hate the most ?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Merc being able to perform melee when tazed.

0 0%
  • Lack of middle movement speed.

1 50.00%
  • Short death from above range.

0 0%
  • Stationary hacking mechanic.

0 0%
  • Melee combat being in favour of mercenaries.

1 50.00%
  • Spies moving so silently.

0 0%
  • No autoclimb option in the mod.

0 0%
  • No gamepad support.

0 0%
  • Anti-cheat.

0 0%
  • The level of gameplay difficulty in general.

0 0%

Melee combat system has been reworked again, and been perfected to find a perfect balance between action and stealth.

New reworked melee lets spy to kill from any angle, preventing the confusion made around the old melee from behind only.

New melee system is still very much different from the original game in settings, so it does not make the spy to be the ultimate killing machine as he is the original SvM. Mercenaries are still masters of direct approache, so they have a huge advantages in melee when being attacked from the front in any way they expect it. This is just a small step to bring some element of action into the VMR.

Features:

- 360 degre angle for spy to kill (no need to face the merc to melee)

- 360 degre angle in which merc is being vunerable to enemy attacks.

- distance of melee against merc is about one meter away from behind and from the front, you have to literary touch merc with your own body to perform a melee kill.

Visit this discord if You want to ask some questions about VMR, just talk or need help with the mod: https://discord.gg/cdxUD

I haven't played it yet, but I'm trying to decide between Lack of middle movement speed which I'm guessing is the second movement speed cause sprint doesn't count as a speed and no gamepad support.

Originally Posted by EddieTheBunny2 Go to original post
    I haven't played it yet, but I'm trying to decide between Lack of middle movement speed which I'm guessing is the second movement speed cause sprint doesn't count as a speed and no gamepad support.
    Hi, middle movement speed (primary/default one in original game) was present in VMR early versions, but I guess it had to be taken away as it was OP for spy to move so fast and remain silent at the same time, aslo this change slowed down gameplay a little bit and made it less casual to sneak, it did add some extra tension to. I think that no man can move so fast while being in crouch and stay silent at the same time, being silent in my opinion demands more attention and focus and cannot be performed with so much speed.
    I play VMR often and I like this change, it takes a while to get used to, but I don't miss the default movement speed at all.
    I will add that you can still achieve the middle movement speed if You rly need it. The way to do it is to play as Predator class and use an adrenaline, while the adrenaline effect lasts spy is sneaking faster using removed sneaking speed. It helps alot in some situations and is rly usefull when timed in right moment.

Gamepad suport will be added if there will be more people using it in VMR, it consumes time to figure out the controls for gamepads as the controls in VMR are very different from the original ones.
    VMR is PC mod and it's controls are optimised for mouse and keyboard as it is the most popular PC controller, still some players report bugs that I need to fix, so I simply have not enough time to work with gamepads.
    Mod is constantly being updated, so maybe one day it will gain full gamepad suport. In current version gamepad setup lacks one key bind - switch weapons I guess.
    I didn't test how gamepad works on the leatest version of the mod.

Visit this discord if You want to ask some questions about VMR, just talk or need help with the mod: https://discord.gg/g3kWw4F

GENERAL GAMEPLAY IDEA BEHIND THE VMR MOD
    VMR Spies vs Mercenaries mode revolves around the idea of cat and mouse gameplay. It’s stealthy and slow paced multiplayer game in which opposing fractions are very different from each other, and each one represents different playstyle.
    Mercenaries are highly trained spec ops soldiers, who spent years training their hand to hand combat, melee weapons defence tactics, physical posture and aiming precision with many fire weapons.
    Spies are top secret agents highly trained in art of stealth, they spent years training ways of ninjutsu. Spies mastered karambit fighting techniques with strong focus on dealing lethal blows from behind, above and below. They are also skilled hackers.
    In VMR svm Spies can’t kill mercenaries from the front to support stealthy and slow paced gameplay. Mercenaries are trained spec ops soldiers who spent years on building muscles and train hand to hand combat which makes them nearly impossible target to kill in open fight, as spies training was never focused on fighting their opponents eye to eye.
    Both teams have different objectives. Mercenaries defend the terminals from being hacked, in meanwhile they focus on hunting down any intruders on map.
    Spies need to hack all of the terminals on map as fast as they can, and avoid being ever detected. VMR mod strongly emphasises that both teams have different goals and mercs are the ones who are supposed to pursue kills, they are the hunters. Spies also are able to kill mercs but that’s not their goal during the match. This means that killing mercenaries as spy doesn’t always pay off, VMR mod tries not to reward spies for pursuing kills as their objective is much different from that. Killing mercenaries is supposed to be just a tool to get to the objective. Spies in order to kill mercenary need to gain an advantage by positioning behind, above or below him, frontal attack is not an option. Gameplay of VMR mod is rly slow, difficult but very rewarding. If You are looking for a game in which You’ll get 30 kills during 10 minute match, probably VMR mod is not what You’re looking for.

Interested? Join discord channel: https://discord.gg/g3kWw4F