🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Memory_Kill's Avatar Senior Member

"Ultra Specs" revealed for Watch Dogs from Mr Morin + AMD clarity

Straight from twitter:

We expect a lot of different specs to run the game at a high. But here are the ultra specs for the few who have them and ask for it... Intel Core i7-4770K with a GeForce 780. The PC video was recorded on an Intel Core i7-3930K with a GeForce Titan IIRC.
    and

Some AMD users asked for info: The only feature not available to AMD is Nvidia TXAA. HBAO+, although developed by Nvidia, also works on AMD.
    Amd users rest easy .

BUT DAMNNN...well...I certainly won't be running Ultra lol, but i'll try it any way just for giggles.

Still, makes you wonder about optimization eh? Guess we shall have to see, this will be first game in a while where i'm going to have to shed a tear at turning a slider down lol, I jest but, beefy specs indeed.

Happy upgrading guys :-P

AherasSTRG's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, seems like we 'll have some pretty sweet-*** graphics on our PCs. That, or they still want to boost the console pre-orders xD.
    Can't wait to play this game on my 760. Do not really care about ultra settings. Just console quality at 60 frames .

Txaa,hbao+

So can we use those technology on AMD R9 290? The only feature not available to AMD is Nvidia TXAA. HBAO+, although developed by Nvidia, also works on AMD. Is it fully working or just partial?

AherasSTRG's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by GoldenWorlds Go to original post
    So can we use those technology on AMD R9 290? The only feature not available to AMD is Nvidia TXAA. HBAO+, although developed by Nvidia, also works on AMD. Is it fully working or just partial?
    It will be fully functional on AMD GPUs, but because of the fact that it is optimised for Nvidia cards, it might be pretty resource hungry.

Only HBAO+, TXAA is currently Nvidia specific.

Who needs TXAA when you can have SGSSAA? TXAA sucks anyway since it makes the whole picture too blurry. Either SGSSAA (if you can handle it) or some post-processing AA filters like MLAA or better SMAA with an AMD graphics card...

But I definitely lack the hardware for high level stuff like that. I guess high-very high will be a more realistic setting for me.

GenialityOfEvil's Avatar Senior Member
    That's assuming you can get it to work. No-one has demonstrably achieved custom AA in AC4. I did send Morin and Viard a question about it but they never responded.

Viard did tweet this regarding HBAO+ though.

@SebViard @shankly1985 AMD & console versions will have a different AO but still a very good one, don't worry. Our AO guru made sure of it

Nice

I just can't wait to get my amd fx 8350 and my dam video card r9 270x (hopefully crossfire)
    I will have to ru this on minimum for now i guest because i wont be getting them until august, I bought them already but they are in USA and iam in Jamaica) waiting for my sisters daughter to go to USA and come back safely lol
    my current pc is intel celeron g530 2.4ghz with 8gb ram and onboard intel hd 2000 and a nivida gt 630 2gb that makes it 4gb and thats gonna lag even thoiught th 2 graphix are combined together.

JUST CAT WAIT FOR THE GAME TO COME OUT
    GG

TBH i've never used TXAA (coz i cant use it lol on my 560 lol) but from what i saw in the trailer, didn't seem as if it caused anywhere near the level of "blur" that it has been reported to cause. my fav 4 words come into play now lol, "guess we shall see" lol :P. TBH it's the HBAO+ that's going to give it the efficiency and beauty, especially as it's streamlined on nvidia chipsets, hence the fanfare for nvidia features, it's obviously going to be better optimized for nVida.