Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative

Patch Notes- 4/12/14

Here are the official patch notes for the Xbox 360 patch released 4/12/14.

• Fixed a rare issue where the game would crash when selecting Tone Assignment, on Rhythm Path, When Tone Designer missions are available
    • The correct play style now always appears for RS2014 on-disc and DLC bass arrangements
    • Fixed an issue where the user could not exit the calibration checklist if changes are made to the current settings of the Real Tone Cable Gain
    • Fixed an incorrect character in the lyrics of the RS1 DLC song Black Betty by Ram Jam
    • Sorting the song by Artist will now put the titles in the correct alphabetical order
    • Improvements to detection of Harmonics when a capo is attached
    • Fixed a rare issue where the UI would lock in the Tuner
    • Fixed a crash in Session Mode when using a unique band/tuning setting
    • Further improved general game stability

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Any feedback on this patch, folks? Did it work fine for you, or are you still having trouble related to these issues?

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Any feedback on this patch, folks? Did it work fine for you, or are you still having trouble related to these issues?

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Hi, Dan. Thanks for asking.

I see one of the fixes is "The correct play style now always appears for RS2014 on-disc and DLC bass arrangements." I'm assuming that this refers to picked versus fingered. If that's the case, or even if it's not, it would be a huge help if that label was also shown during multiplayer. 90%+ of my playing RS is with my buddy. He plays guitar while I play bass. I can't always remember if the song should be fingered or picked. It seems an odd omission that it doesn't show up in multiplayer.

Thanks again for following up. It's nice to know that UBI/RS has taken this step towards interaction with your users.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    I came back from a break from the game and found the precision tuner wasn't working for me properly. Even when the game verifies that the Low E string is in tune, it won't move on to tune the A string or any of the other ones, it just stays on verifying the Low E. I have deleted the latest title update and see if it works then, but it still didn't work. Funny, I don't recall having this issue before though. The quick tuner works fine though, it just means I have to tune my guitar outside of the game to be able to play. How can I fix this?

I also noticed that when I enter the manual, or the 'Techniques' section for a specific song, it won't let me exit from there. I have to hit hte home button and exit the game entirely and restart it.

Airtrooper719's Avatar Member
    The hit detection is a lot worse and the audio seems to be offset somewhat as a lot of us are getting goods/lates for a technically perfect note. I have raised it with support, apparently the devs are now looking into it but I question its authenticity. Apart from that the game has been smooth as I could wish for, I can only recall 1 freezing issue when I sat idle in the song choice menu for over 15 minutes, so far I haven't been frozen during a session mode which used to happen very frequently.